Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

New Campaign On Foreign Lands

<<

Almitak

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 20 Aug 2014, 12:15

Re: Release candidate 2

Is it possible that the New Campaign Mission 7 is Bugged ?

I Killed all Troops on the Top Left Corner to get the Citizien, but nothing happens ?

And i cannot use the Saw Mill, Fisher, Forester and Stone Mansion. Only the Inn can be Repaired.

Placed Storage Building doesnt belongs to the Player too..
<<

grayter

Barbarian

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 20 Aug 2014, 13:55

Re: New Campaign On Foreign Lands

Hello again.
As I mentioned before there is some changes in gameplay mechanics. I made this entire campaign in the latest official release (I was not betatester when Lewin add my campaign to the new RC) so all missions were untested in RC2 pack.
I apologize for inconveniences and hope that you will continue to test this campaign. I add fixed missions in .zip below.
List of changes (first five missions are fixed for now, I plan to finish the rest at the end of the month)
* improved script quality (tested on RC2)
* improved maps (I decided not to change trees design, it's look quite natural to me)
* improved attacks (fixed large army bugs)
* campaign map was changed (it will be edited again in RC3)

To install please overwrite entire folder of my campaign in Kam Remake/Campaigns.

I agree with you that the first mission can be boring, but mission need to fit with storyline. We need to invade to the city so I think that it's a natural way to do it :)
I agree that campaigns should be something special and should have the quality standard of tsk/tpr(gameplay and terrain. Dynamic scripts should be better than in these campaigns xd) . It was fine with Vas' campaign, but I also have to say that this campaign hasn't this quality,YET. Also if I compare for example discos unfinished campaign and tdl's TNL additionally to tsk/tpr/vas I have to say that this campaign right here is on the last place for me. Like already mentioned the Quality is only "ok" the dynamic scripts might be super, but I also have no real fun in fighting at most of the missions and some missions look strange/boring completely. E.g the mission where you have like 20x10 tiles to build your city and attack the huge ai city then Xd. Also the first mission is maybe let's call it "hard". It's completely different to normal kam fighting missions. Normaly you can flank, you have to think where to place your troops, but in Mission 01 the only good option is tostay where your troops were in the beginning and hope that these small entrances will save your a.. :mrgreen:

So this shouldn't be a rude post from my side. I like sp maps and campaigns, but like skypper wrote, better to wait for a "finished" campaign, then implementing this one officially FOR NOW.

Example of building (and fighting) space from Missoin08 (My example with 20x10 tiles):

Yeah... you should took over the city first and then using iron and coal deposits ;] In first message you have been informed that: "Our allies hand over several units under your command. We need to stop the march of the enemy. Then we need to gain access to local resources and gain some space for expansion." This is obvious I think. In another attachment you will see the space to expansion is huge REV08 replay.
Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

grayter

Barbarian

Post 20 Aug 2014, 14:19

Here is how to took over the city. It;s example of course. Bottom troops should attack but this is the same issue which I fixed in first missions. Patience, this mission will be fixed too.
If there are some mapmakers who would like to improve my maps so please let me know. I don't care if this campaign will be entirely mine or made by me and someone else.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 20 Aug 2014, 15:45

Here is how to took over the city. It;s example of course. Bottom troops should attack but this is the same issue which I fixed in first missions. Patience, this mission will be fixed too.
If there are some mapmakers who would like to improve my maps so please let me know. I don't care if this campaign will be entirely mine or made by me and someone else.

well the problem is that i got no message telling me to take over the city, so much confusion arises when you have 3 places where troops are spawned and you have a storehouse suddenly. it looks a lot like a confusing fighting mission and if you are unable to multitask you pretty much have large problems.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 20 Aug 2014, 16:27

Ok, that´s my fault then. Indeed you get a message that says that you have FIRST to get space, then to use the space :mrgreen: Still my personal opinon is, that it´s a bit "boring". You have like 50% of missions where you have troops at the edges of maps and can´t move, can´t position your troops. Just compare this mission with Mission 01, it´s the same thing how to win :P
@Disco, maybe the dutch version has no message, but it should at least appear the English one (If there is a english message. Maybe only pol. version have messages XD ).
<<

grayter

Barbarian

Post 20 Aug 2014, 16:44

You have like 50% of missions where you have troops at the edges of maps and can´t move, can´t position your troops.
I intended to do campaign where you need to build in small areas. For me (personally of course) it's boring when you have a lot of space to build. Anyone can win missions like this.
In battle missions you can fight as you like, but first you need to fight back enemy attacks. In any real war are battles in which you don't time to think and need to just defend yourself.
@Disco, maybe the dutch version has no message, but it should at least appear the English one (If there is a english message. Maybe only pol. version have messages XD ).
I don't know how it works (please ask Lewin for that) but in English version are messages too.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 20 Aug 2014, 16:48

Ok, if there are english Messages then Disco and all others get this "standard" message, if they have chosen Dutch or any other language though.
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 20 Aug 2014, 19:59

@grayter,
I love the fact that you do not give much building space. It's like TSK09 for every mission!

Out of curiosity, is mission 11 supposed to be the hardest? I just beat OFL11 in 19m10s effortlessly.

I used saves and the replay is broken (replay bug), but it's pretty predicable what my plan was, as you can see the first few minutes. You can see (in the first few minutes) that I put all 6 of my knights next to the neutral village's watchtower in the north. Is it supposed to collapse on its own?
cmowla OFL11.zip
Also, the AI doesn't defend its town very well: I can have troops attacking a building, and the AI troops don't budge.

Lastly, I doubt anyone is curious to see how I beat these missions in the campaigns, and thus I promise this will be my last one (I don't have time at the moment to do further testing anyway).
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

grayter

Barbarian

Post 21 Aug 2014, 06:45

You can see (in the first few minutes) that I put all 6 of my knights next to the neutral village's watchtower in the north. Is it supposed to collapse on its own?
Haha this is nice replay :p Yeah... few scripts need to be changed, but thanks for reporting this :) I don't expect that someone fight in that way :P
<<

grayter

Barbarian

Post 21 Aug 2014, 08:09

Re: Release candidate 2

Is it possible that the New Campaign Mission 7 is Bugged ?

I Killed all Troops on the Top Left Corner to get the Citizien, but nothing happens ?

And i cannot use the Saw Mill, Fisher, Forester and Stone Mansion. Only the Inn can be Repaired.

Placed Storage Building doesnt belongs to the Player too..
You need to destroy towers, because laborer can't get close to enemy towers and go next to them.
<<

grayter

Barbarian

Post 22 Aug 2014, 09:32

Hi, I fixed all scripts, and improve maps a little bit. Here is perfectly working campaign tested and finished. Please let me know again about maps quality, scripting and overall gameplay.
To install please overwrite all files in Kam Remake/Campaigns/OnForeignLands folder.
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 09 Sep 2014, 01:06

Hi, I fixed all scripts, and improve maps a little bit. Here is perfectly working campaign tested and finished. Please let me know again about maps quality, scripting and overall gameplay.
I wasn't going to post this, but for what it's worth, yesterday I played mission 11 (your updated one before the one you just uploaded earlier today) without reloading saves or pausing (so that I could ensure that the replay works), and I effortlessly beat it in 30m45s. I even got up at one point, let the game run, and came back later.
cmowla REV11 in 30m45s no saves.zip
Now please take what I'm about to say as constructive criticism. I'm not trying to be offensive. My apologies ahead of time!

Being the last and supposedly hardest mission of your campaign, this needs improvement. Maybe switch the order of the missions if you think it's good? (I haven't looked at the other missions yet, so I can't give any recommendations on order switching.)

I can't say there's much you can do about how the AI behaves overall (no matter how an AI behaves, it's easy to quickly learn how it behaves and adapt), but the town defense is just terrible (xbows are so powerful now, but you are "paralyzing" them in this mission), and I believe some obvious changes need to be done to the terrain (unless this was intentional).
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

OnlyMe

Serf

Post 09 Sep 2014, 19:02

Re: Mission 1(.5) OFL

I cant seem to win mission 1(.5).
When I win the first battle and take over the city, I produce 120 iron men, and repare all the buildings, but I dont win.
Any suggestions?

Last edited by OnlyMe on 13 Sep 2021, 13:55, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Fixed image
<<

grayter

Barbarian

Post 10 Sep 2014, 07:02

Re: Mission 1(.5) OFL

I cant seem to win mission 1(.5).
When I win the first battle and take over the city, I produce 120 iron men, and repare all the buildings, but I dont win.
Any suggestions?
Hmm, this bug is solved now (attachment) in 3 post above. Please let me know if this problem is persist after update.

@cmowla
I think you are the best tester ever and I think that nobody play like that :p But ok I make some changes to hinder your life :p
<<

OnlyMe

Serf

Post 10 Sep 2014, 08:23

I replaced the files, loaded my game but still no victory.
or did I do something wrong? need I to start it all over now?

thanks for moving the post. wonder how grayter went on after this problem?

Return to “Map Design”