Knight Parade by Aasfresser

<<

Aasfresser

Farmer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 01 Jan 2015, 16:57

Knight Parade by Aasfresser

Hi KaM community!

Do you love to create a giant town which serves no purpose other then being big and good looking? Well if thats the case then is this mission made for you. It's a singleplayer mission with the goal to create 1000 knights in 10 hours. You will have to create a giant town which actually serves a purpose to achieve this goal in time. With probably a 1000 civillians in it and a tone of buildings.

I have worked on this map for multiple months and hope it pleases you with its look aswell as with its content. It uses dynamic scripts which for sure aren't perfect, because I learned scripting during the making of this map. Huge thanks to sado1 for giving me the "KillARandomCitizen" procedure which I used in many occasions during my script and Esthlos because I used a tiny part from his Golden Cliffs - Bonus script.

Here are a few screenshots and the description given in the SinglePlayer menu:
Knight Parade #2.png
Knight Parade #1.png
Yesterday our King won a very important war against another kingdom. To celebrate his victory he wants to do a Victory Parade. For this Parade the king wants atleast a thousand knights! Since our estate is rich in natural resources the king made it our task to produce these knights in time or we will be beheaded.

This is a purely economic map! There will be close to no combat in the entire time of the mission.

You have to send the produced knights to the road in the west of the map (Shown at the start!)

To unlock the Stable, Iron Smeltery, Swine Farm and Weapons Workshop you have to build a Storehouse on the marked area in the Villages scattered around the map.

During the mission different Events will occure:
-Inferno: Destroys X Houses in an area. The chance gets reduced if you have occupied towers on the map.
-Plague: Kills X civillians instantly. The chance for plague gets reduced if you have bread, vine and sausages in your Inn's.
-Starvation: Makes 30% of your serfs hungry at once. The chance for starvation gets increased with every serf on the map.
-Bacteria: Your Backery, Butcher and Vineyards run at lower efficency for 10 Minutes.
-Thievery: Thieves steal 50% of the gold in a random storehouse and lower the efficency of your Metallurgists for 10 Minutes.
-Woodworms: Lowers efficency of your Sawmills for 10 Minutes.
-Market Crisis: You can't trade iron and gold ore for 10 Minutes. Every market on the map increases the chance for a Market Crisis.
-Taxday: You get 15% of your population in gold.
-Uprising: A few of your Farmers start an uprise. Will you slay the farmers or pay them?
-Holiday Sale: Leather Jackets give an additional resource if you sell them.
-Torching: Well you will see (or not)!
Knight Parade.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 01 Jan 2015, 22:35

Re: Knight Parade by Aasfresser

That's a crazy idea! I like it! :D However, 10 hours seems like a lot of time, I would like to see something similar, based on that idea (eco only map, with random events) but for 2-3 hours? Keep that in mind if you would like to make another map ;). Maybe it could even be a MP map...? :)

Btw, having in mind recent interview with developers, I think, that Lewin will love this map :D

EDIT: Nah, 10 hours seem like a good limit :). On 3x speed it goes pretty okay. I'm playing it right now and I like it, it's fun! :D
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Totengraeber

Woodcutter

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 05 Jan 2015, 12:46

I helped Aasfresser to make this map, as I played it twice for testing. Its was pretty fun the first time, but when the dynamics scripts came in it got really awesome. Now you really have to react from time to time to the different events.
It is really fun to play a econmonic only mission in kam, which takes everythink to a new scale, you really need to think bigger plan bigger and build this huge city. If you mass up, you wont make it to 1000 knights.
Even with multiplayer experience this mission is challanging. I highly recommend people to try it, if your having fun to build in kam!
Last edited by Totengraeber on 06 Jan 2015, 00:44, edited 1 time in total.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 05 Jan 2015, 18:53

Hey!
I would like to say 10hours seems lot and i didnt check the map details but i lkie the event what yyou wrote!

Im working on townhall balance and i could imagine these events in the townhall. For example pay 50 goldchest and make bacteria at one of the selected enemy player. Or pay 100 chest and send a thief into the selected enemy city and stole all ware once. These could be good functions for the townhall! I really could be happy if these could be buyable in there.

I will chech your map and the script also! Ery i.teresting idea. Could be great if could be 'political' options in the remake.
Bests!

Sent from mobile
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 06 Jan 2015, 10:42

Totengraber is right, a player needs to plan bigger in order to succeed. I tried it once and I failed. I have a feeling, that it can be only done with a lot of Markets, since the resources (especially gold) are depleting pretty fast and they are shattered around the map, which makes it impossible to have for example gold economy in one place, that can run for long time.

I will try it again when I have some time :).

I got to say it again, the idea of pure economical mission is great, but it would be better, if there's shorter time limit (2-3 hours, maybe up to 5 max). Keep it in mind, if you want to make another map like this :).
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Aasfresser

Farmer

Post 07 Jan 2015, 21:47

Thanks for the feedback. I have to admit that I played the map on 3x speed most of the time, unless I was planning the layout of my city. But this way the 10 hours arent acctually that long. While testing it felt more like 1 hour to me since I had so much fun with the map :P. @thunder feel free to use any of my ideas/code!

Return to “Map Design”