The New Lands (Remake version)

<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 26 Dec 2014, 12:47

The New Lands (Remake version)

Hello hello!

This will be the brand new topic for my campaign, The New Lands.

For the people who never heard of The New Lands before: I made this campaign many, many years ago, in a time that the Remake didn't excist and even the plans to make it weren't there. That is why this campaign was originally made for The Peasant's Rebellion. This, of course, had a lot of disadvantages and restrictions. TPR was very buggy, and there were only few possibilities with scripting.
With the emerging of the Remake, these possibilities grew and the bugs were gone. Now it is possible to make the most ingenious and exciting scripts. I am adding some scripts to the missions, but I also try to stay as close as the original as possible. The result will (hopefully) be a fun campaign with high quality maps, but players should not expect missions with thousands of scripts where all sorts of things happen. It is more comparable to the TSK and TPR campaigns.

At the moment, the first 9 missions are as good as finished (there will be 16 missions in total) for the Remake. I uploaded them here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php ... 4155208866
Please note that they are single missions. The story is still missing, as is a campaign map and of course translations (only English is available for now). All of this will be taken care of when the missions are (as good as) finished.
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 26 Dec 2014, 13:03

Re: The New Lands (Remake version)

Great news, I'm excited to see the whole campaign in Remake next year! :-)
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 26 Dec 2014, 13:13

Thanks!
Well it remains to be seen when it will be finished. :P Right now I have time, but I will probably be busy again starting from January 5th. Motivation is also an issue now and then. And lack of siege weapons of course. ;) I can only promise one thing: TNL will be finished one day. The question is when. :)
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 26 Dec 2014, 13:16

well my guess is that you have the gabe newel mentality, so basically w can predict it coming in 10 years :D
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

gnbiskit

Serf

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 27 Dec 2014, 04:30

Exciting! Can't wait to play it!
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 05 Jan 2015, 16:43

Hey TDL, I don´t know if this is even possible by scripting ( I don't know a lot about it) but is it possible to solve your siege weapons problem by scripting some crossbowman?
I don't know but if it's possible you could script them so they would have the exact same capacities as a siege weapon?
- never gets hungry
- high damage to buildings
- moves slowly
-etc..
I don't know if you like this idea or if it's even possible to do this by scripting, but I was thinking about this today and just thought why not post this on the forum :)

Killer!!
Do you want to play with/against me? Just write me a PM :D
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 05 Jan 2015, 16:49

Hey TDL, I don´t know if this is even possible by scripting ( I don't know a lot about it) but is it possible to solve your siege weapons problem by scripting some crossbowman?
I don't know but if it's possible you could script them so they would have the exact same capacities as a siege weapon?
- never gets hungry
- high damage to buildings
- moves slowly
-etc..
I don't know if you like this idea or if it's even possible to do this by scripting, but I was thinking about this today and just thought why not post this on the forum :)

Killer!!
Hey Killer, thanks for thinking for solutions, but unlike some people I do like realism in my campaign. :P So I will not resolve this with boosting some crossbowmen. It would look quite strange.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 05 Jan 2015, 23:33

+1 for TDL's response. If you don't mind my saying so in this this topic, I think that all these new scripts for KaM are nice and exciting, but I think most people don't know how to properly use them yet. I see things like invincible serfs and slow crossbows in "normal" game modes (not things like furious warriors) and I'm overall turned off by the shallow feel these special missions give.
I used to spam this forum so much...

Return to “Map Design”