Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Frightening Waters

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 20 Apr 2015, 17:52

Re: Frightening Waters

- Added 5 gold to each location (I know there has been discussed quite a lot about this, after I tested both version out (55 gold and 60 gold) some times on my own and with others I concluded that 60 gold suits better at the end
Good man! xD
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 20 Apr 2015, 20:20

Re: Frightening Waters

Here's some stuff that you should work on imo:

Coal near loc 8 needs more elevation, now it looks bit boring. Yellow mountain next to it, needs more elevation (maybe elevete whole part right to coal higher, so it looks better)

Put objects on coal, elevate it as well, so it's more interesting.

4:107-4:108 - fix tile connection somehow, bush does not cover the transition well
17:113 bad tile
54:11
55:116
137:158 fix connection
114:103 - bad tile
109:107 - bad tile connection
134:38 - bad tile connection

Mountains look kinda flat, for example, at loc 1, the golden mountain, you should change elevation around it, so it' s visible change of height between land and mountain or make top more like cliff. Just make something that there's visible change of heights.

Try to avoid straight lines on mountains, like this at loc 2 178:80 to 185:80, waaaay too straight,
Stone mountain straight line from 180:107 to 188:104. Try to avoid straight lines like that

146:165 that iron mountain there has pretty good lines, try something like that.

138:189 - bad tile connection

Try to avoid straight lines in the river as well, also make water flow in the right directions, not just randomly

13:200 - now that's weird, why make the water go there? I see no reason, it looks unnatural
8:197 186:189 - edges like that look bad

151:122 - that mountain edges look weird... Also, the water direction is the same, shouldn't some of the flow go straight into the waterfall (straight line, not diagonal).

That river at the top of loc 5, it's weird. There's long straight line, then there's sudden change of direction and bridge, then another sudden change of direction. You should work on that part imo.

I like Jero's idea about coal poisoning the waters. Perfect spot to make large amount of coal is at very bottom, that unreachable area. Also try to do it at the top, at the left and right of loc 7, at these water areas. just some shattered coal tiles (use tiles, not brush) would be okay I guess, would add some climate.

I like the waterfalls, they are really good. Also, I like the idea of those small water places around the map.

Overall it looks interesting and nice :) It has it own climate, which is really important.
Without honour, victory is hollow.

Return to “Map Design”