Between the Coasts

<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 08 Aug 2015, 12:59

Between the Coasts

Hi all,
before I took a brake I started making a new map (6p)
Since I am back I worked again on it and finished it :D

Map name: Between the Coasts (6p)
Resources: Stones: 50, Timber: 60, Gold: 60, Sausages: 20, Fish: 25, Bread: 25, Wine: 40

I hope you like it and please give me feedback, so I can make changes if needed! ;)

Siem
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Killer!! on 09 Aug 2015, 18:04, edited 2 times in total.
Do you want to play with/against me? Just write me a PM :D
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 08 Aug 2015, 20:12

Re: Between the Coasts

It looks very nice! I like it :D

I can give you some feedback about looks.

That cliff below loc 4, with water - really nice. Was it inspired by TPR campaign? Cos I remember something similar in one of missions ;)

Stone mountains on locs 6 and 2 - they look very good! However, most gold and iron mountains look rather boring, you could work on them. There's a lot of repetitive pattern there...

That place with two waterfalls in the middle - the left one looks weird to me, how does water falls there? Maybe divide the stream, so that left waterfall uses left stream and right one uses right? And it could look better, now the top is equal to surrounded mountain tiles, which doesn't look good imo.

Cliff at 82:132 would look better if there's one theme, sand or grass, not mixed like now.

7:175 - is that little bush planned to be there? :)

Overall the map looks very very good! :)
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

Post 09 Aug 2015, 16:14

Thanks for your feedback Tiank! I really appreciate that!
I looked at your points about the map and I am going to improve (most of) them. :)

Actually, the whole map will get a major update.
I tested the map a couple of times now and in the building stage everything seems fine, but after pt there's a problem with the fighting space.
Maybe you can see it on the screenshots, if you look at the distance between loc 3 and 4 it looks really small, especially after you built your bases on the locs.
There was almost no fighting space and games ended after the first fight, so now I am going to make the map larger so I can edit the middle a little.
I will edit the post after I finished it. ;)
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

Post 09 Aug 2015, 17:56

UPDATE!

The map has been updated, as you can see I made the map larger and changed the middle!

Download link of this version of the map is in the main post.
Also you can compare the changes I've made looking at the screenshots ;).

I hope we can test it someday :D

Siem
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

Post 11 Aug 2015, 09:58

Hi all,

After we did some test games yesterday and the day before, we concluded that the map needed to be balanced and the battlefield had to be bigger.
So I made some changes on the map to improve on these things and not only this but I've also worked on the looks of the map.
We will test the map like this probably soon so we can know if the balance and battlefield are good or still need some fixes.
(compare all the screenshots to see what has changed or just see it in game ;))

Siem
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

Post 12 Aug 2015, 15:10

Hi all,

Another little update on the map,
I made some little changes in looks, but the main change is that location 4 has been moved a little bit upwards.
This was needed because there wasn't enough building space for this leather location and because it was to close to the enemy town of the location below.

Still need to test the map in a good 3v3 game :) Hoop some of you would like to help me with that

Have a nice holiday,

Siem

Return to “Map Design”