<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 02 Oct 2015, 17:58

Re: Try to do a new map

Hi black,

downloaded and played your mission just now and i do have some complaints:

- I am not sure if you are supposed to play only 2 players vs AI, but since i played alone with an AI teammate, i discovered some problems. My AI allies does build something, however, since he got so limited amout of space left he is not able to build much at all. He pretty much only builds woodcutters and towers. In general, the building space, not only the one of your ally, is very limited, so building a proper town aint all that easy.

- It also felt like the enemies attacks your allies barbarian villages way too early. The AI got pretty strong defences, so i am not really sure how to break thru before the allies die. Maybe this is not so much of a problem if your main ally is not AI controlled and not suiciding all the troops given to him onto the enemie's xbows tho. (Like i said, not sure if that is supposed to be a viable option to play coop with the AI.)

- The map still contains a lot of "broken" tiles.

- I also noticed that when the barbarian allies is attacked and 1 group is killed, another group trys to take its place immidiatly and then runs its units 1 by 1 into enemy troops. Not sure if you intended that, or if you made a mistake by priorising the defence positions.

- After i played i took a sneak-peak into the script and noticed some things that can be improved, but that is just the perfectionist in me talking haha. I'd also be glad to help you implement support for mutliple languages and such if you want to.

Best regards,
Strangelove
<<

Black

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 02 Oct 2015, 21:03

Thank you for reply Strangelove :D
I will try to answer to all your points

- The map must be play by 2 human player. Infact, like you just noticed, you have a very limited building space in particular in the loc with the storehouse on the bridge(loc 12), so an AI player can't work on this map. One of the principal challenge is the building space but although the AI will attack you after a long time and you should not have problem with the attacks thanks to the narrow passages ( in particular with Lock 12 with 2 tower near the bridge and some swordman you can stop all the AI attacks).

- The allied defense depends a lot from the first attack he received. Some times he block all the troops with only the first position, some times he lose all. But generally his defense is really weak so you should stop the baron's troops before they reach your allied village, and in 2 i think is quite simple.

- Thank you for reporting these errors. I will fix them and i will upload the updated map, maybe in some weeks, so i can also fix other errors :wink:

-This is not a mistake. I prefer to not make the allied camper and wait for the enemy. Although i'm consider to invert the locs but i need to test it before.

- You MUSTN'T see the script :'( Seriously as i already said i'm really noob in scripting, and besides you are my Teacher :mrgreen: Maybe write me in PM what you will improve :D
It will be very good for me if my map support multiple languages so thank you by now :)
<<

Black

Warrior

Post 09 Oct 2015, 16:03

Hi all guys :)
I have uploaded a new map. This is a really simple battle map for 3 players. Hope you like it :D
<<

Black

Warrior

Post 16 Jan 2016, 14:46

Hi all. I have just finished a new coop map for 3 players.
It is a big map where you must fight against a strong enemy. I've added a simple script that allows each player to send some resources to his allies and it works " quite" well ( think that i'm a terrible scripter :$ ) . I will pubblish the map in a few days :wink:
Here there are some screenshoots
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Black

Warrior

Post 30 Jan 2016, 18:03

I have just upload the map. Consider it like a beta because i have never tested it in a complete game.
Please report me any bugs and have fun :wink:
<<

Black

Warrior

Post 03 Jul 2016, 17:34

Published the fixed version of the map An ancient enemy. Now it works fine.

Return to “Map Design”