Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Where are the fish stored?

<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 23 Sep 2008, 15:41

It needs five of both wares to work, so it would be pointless.
Well when I used it, no iron was ever delivered unless I closed down my smithys. You should be able to control the delivery of iron in comparison to the other buildings (isn't that what distribution of wares does?)
Fixed in SR3.
Maybe so, but I still say it's pretty shocking for them to release it with a bug like that.
It also affects TSK, but right, in TPR it's even more annoying.
I wouldn't say it affects TSK as TSK doesn't have those buidlings and units. I know you mean the TSK campaign on TPR, but that's not the true shattered kingdom :wink:
The only good (but also bug-making) feature in TPR is F8 :D
Hmm... I think it's a pretty good idea but I always risk overusing it and then it kinda kills the game :S
Do you mean the terrible sample quality?
Yeah I meant the narrator, sounds really un-fluent :/
<<

kuba11100

Sword Fighter

Post 23 Sep 2008, 16:13

Well when I used it, no iron was ever delivered unless I closed down my smithys. You should be able to control the delivery of iron in comparison to the other buildings (isn't that what distribution of wares does?)
Okay, I know what you mean, I had similar problem with AI player in custom mission - one iron smithy, one weapons smithy and one armor smithy. Serfs were taking the iron to only one of them.
But look at it from another side - smithies/workshops need only one of each ware (except weapons workshops - 2), when siege workshop needs five (full) of both to make a weapon-soldier. So just try to build more irom mines and iron smithies.
Maybe so, but I still say it's pretty shocking for them to release it with a bug like that.
TPR has even more bugs, even more critical ones, and patches made more of them instead of fixing them, but at least they don't tell us to stop making unofficial patches.
I wouldn't say it affects TSK as TSK doesn't have those buidlings and units. I know you mean the TSK campaign on TPR, but that's not the true shattered kingdom
What about watchtowers, storehouses, schools and inns?
Yeah I meant the narrator, sounds really un-fluent :/
Do you mean the bad quality of a sound file, or a strange-speaking person?
Quality of speech is worse than TSK's ones, but quality of some sounds (school bell) is better.
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 23 Sep 2008, 17:56

Do you mean the bad quality of a sound file, or a strange-speaking person?
I don't think the English narrator in TPR speaks English natively, sounds just bad.
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 23 Sep 2008, 18:08

^ What Litude said, but that's another point, sound quality is in many cases noticeably worse.
What about watchtowers, storehouses, schools and inns?
Fair enough. Storehouses, schools and inns have never really bothered me (and I guess it makes vague sense as they're not manned by anyone), but I have often wanted a watchtower count. Still, you'd think the situation would get better with an expansion, not even worse.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 26 Sep 2008, 00:31

I don't think the English narrator in TPR speaks English natively, sounds just bad.
I agree. He sounds like a German who has read about English, but never heard a native speak it. Some foreign people can do quite good English voices, but this man can't. (e.g. the Barbarian sounds a bit foreign, but still really cool)
Also it's not in old English!! That was one of the things that made KaM so great.
The TSK narrator was really good, he added a lot to the game. I wonder why they didn't use him?
Lewin.
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 26 Sep 2008, 17:53

Very true!
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 11 Jan 2009, 03:16

[/quote]Also it's not in old English!! That was one of the things that made KaM so great[/quote]

I am making all my messages in TDH in old english. I did not think anyone else in the world liked old english as much as I do :lol:

I think since all my briefings are gone I might as well make them old english too;)
I used to spam this forum so much...

Return to “Map Design”