Cursed Castle MP Map (4o4 / 2o2o2o2)

<<

Fire

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 15 May 2016, 23:10

Cursed Castle MP Map (4o4 / 2o2o2o2)

Hey Guys,

as a fan of Cursed Ravine, heres my new MP Map ''Cursed Castle V1.0''. Its more balanced and bigger. Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Fire on 16 May 2016, 20:41, edited 1 time in total.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 16 May 2016, 09:29

Re: Cursed Castle MP Map (4o4 / 2o2o2o2)

Hello!
You posted it and we used to share our opinions here even when nobody cares about it. :mrgreen:
I wouldn't like to hurt you, so sorry before...Its all about the map. :?

About the map:
-I see you worked lot on bottom left corner... :'( I can say that is really nice part. okay more than amaizing! I would wish this quality to most of the maps. But the other parts of the map needs tons of improvements...
-boring same tile hills
-campy middle area
-tons of bad connected tiles
-the minimap was more promisable
-does anybody have own idea to make maps?
-still looks out better than in clear style cursed versions...
-and better than the havoc versions...
-and better than the other 34versions of CR...
-and even bigger than the other 39versions of CR...
-I strated the map and got message Gold= coal. How should I understand this?
-that castle in the middle is also amazing. I want to spend the whole day there. Does that castle give any bonus?

Congratulations, another clone to next to the previous 50cursed maps!
Please work more on it!
I would ask, I see you have nice drawing skills(left bot corner is realy nice, the centre is also), why not make something uniqe?
Keep up your works!
:wink:

PS: of course we see you used lots of copied parts from other maps, and forgot to sign it in the description, but okay. We regard to spent time to make this. Are you DJ Mapsmasher who created acrros the cliffs and BITD&IG smashed maps?
:wink:
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 16 May 2016, 12:55

Another abomination.
<<

equalizer

Vagabond

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 16 May 2016, 23:02

Better good gestolen then bad bethought but i think you can thought of a better idea :D
Last edited by equalizer on 17 May 2016, 12:30, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 17 May 2016, 08:03

-that castle in the middle is also amazing. I want to spend the whole day there. Does that castle give any bonus?
It was copied from Center Castle Looting, I suppose it has the same purpose as there - you get random weapons or gold chests from time to time if you stand in those ruins. That's a good idea for such a campy map as Cursed Ravine, since it forces player to get out of his town so he can benefit (however, in Center Castle Looting rewards weren't that high iirc, it would be good to increase them in this map if you haven't already).

I agree with thunder, it's better than those clear style maps and even other attempts to change Cursed Ravine. Here is something different. Still, it's mostly copied map. As thunder says, it would be good if you try to make something on your own, something unique, as obviously you must've spent some time and effort to do sth like this (however, most important part of the map - castle in the middle - is just shamelessly copied and because of that, tiles don't match - you can't enter castle from top, it's unwalkable).
Without honour, victory is hollow.

Return to “Map Design”