Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

No Buildings

<<

Criviz

Post 24 Aug 2008, 13:56

No Buildings

Well it's probably a bit noobie question :wink: but i just started editing a bit... and I made the map with buildings and stuff but when i start the map the buildings (and Troops too btw) aren't there and i lose cause of my goals... could anyone help me with it?
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 24 Aug 2008, 18:11

Can you paste the code here?

Hmm... it may be that you're trying to place the buildings in an unbuildable area? Or it doesn't recognize you as a player?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 25 Aug 2008, 00:10

Hi Criviz,
Welcome to our forum!
I'm happy to help you with mission making.
What editors are you using? Krom's is by far the best for the map, and mine is probably the most user freindly for missions.
If you'd like to upload your .DAT file here then I'll take a look and try to help you. (or upload it to a free hosting website like mihd.net)
I think that maybe you're using the village editor in krom's tool. That's a bad idea, as you can save directly to a DAT file, you must copy via another program such as my editor.

So what do you see when you start? Is it all black? (unexplored) Can you see roads?

With the goals: Maybe you're using the incorrect format? Some people find my editor's goal system quite confusing, and it will be changed in the next release. The correct way to use it is:
For Goals: Destroy <A> of player <ENEMY>
For Lost Goals: Retain <A> of player <HUMAN>

Please let me know, I'd love to help you.
Lewin.

Links:
My Mission (.DAT) Editor
Krom's Map (.MAP) Editor
<<

Crivix

Laborer

Post 25 Aug 2008, 06:01

I Did the goals right no problem in that (i lose because i don't have buildings) i can see my roads tough, and i just use ur map editor and scripter... but i'll try it with Krom's. (i'll Upload .DAT file in a sec)
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 25 Aug 2008, 08:38

I Did the goals right no problem in that (i lose because i don't have buildings) i can see my roads tough, and i just use ur map editor and scripter... but i'll try it with Krom's. (i'll Upload .DAT file in a sec)
I never made a map editor!!! My program only edits missions. Maps are just loaded so you can see where to place things.
I have another idea: You may need to place a clear up (reveal map) at the location of each building. See if that helps.
It would be easier if I could see your dat file, then I would be able to see exactly what is wrong. Are you using one of the original maps?
Lewin.
<<

Crivix

Laborer

Post 25 Aug 2008, 11:41

hmm weird i edited the post with the .DAT file, but i know what the problem is (possibly), but got a little question then.. should i first make the map and then script or vice versa?
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 25 Aug 2008, 11:49

Make the map then the script otherwise you can't tell where your buildings, etc. are going to be - you need to get the co-ordinates from the map.

But it's not like you have to start over if you make the script first or anything.
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 25 Aug 2008, 11:52

Well if you ask me, it sounds like less work if you do the map first and then do the scripting. This way you know exactly where there's water, mountains etc.
<<

Crivix

Laborer

Post 25 Aug 2008, 12:13

Yeah I did that already :wink: well i'll go back to making maps after i've done my school work :wink: :P
<<

Arael

Peasant

Post 04 Aug 2009, 01:46

im having the same problem as op. but my units are there, its just the storage that never apears.

and im using the same tools by the way
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 04 Aug 2009, 06:53

im having the same problem as op. but my units are there, its just the storage that never apears.
If units and roads are appearing but not buildings, then it is normal one thing. You need to place "Revealers" on each house, so that the position of the house is visible when the game starts. This is an odd thing that must be done in KaM scripting, but only for human players.
Map Revealers can be found under Placement -> Other in my editor or Treeview -> Generic.

Let me know if that works.
Lewin.
<<

Arael

Peasant

Post 04 Aug 2009, 23:07

works pefectly, thak you very much
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 05 Aug 2009, 04:23

No problem, let me know if you have any other issues or questions.
You should upload your mission to my website once you've finished it so that other people can play it and give you feedback.

Good luck!
Lewin.

Return to “Map Design”