Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

TNL Mission 14

<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 30 Apr 2016, 08:14

Re: TNL Mission 14

Haha that's amazing, though totally not the way you're supposed to do it (you did receive a warning message when going up there, right? :P). I guess I should strengthen the defences there and actually make the AI retaliate when you attack them there. Thanks for pointing out this possibility. :P
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 30 Apr 2016, 08:57

(you did receive a warning message when going up there, right? :P).
I did. But I thought this was the hardest route possible to take, so I took it head on and worked with what I had. I guess this was to prove that no additional food is necessary, nor any extra help for the supposed hardest (non) route, at least.

Was that message hinting that you should go through the food town to get there (like I originally thought)? And if so, I guess there is a script that sends ally AI troops there? It's impossible to cross the bridge with a single knight, since the four knights guarding it don't chase you when you're close to them.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 30 Apr 2016, 09:01

It's impossible to cross the bridge with a single knight, since the four knights guarding it don't chase you when you're close to them.
It is possible to cross it, I beat it the normal way, I won't spoil how, but you will know what to do if you follow the designed path ;)
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 30 Apr 2016, 09:19

Yes, the normal way works. If you'll do it again you will see. :)
<<

FatheriatorCZ

Serf

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 30 Apr 2016, 19:44

From what i have played so far I vent to the left and after about 50 tries i got past all sodiers there and got to the part where
SPOILERS!!!
Red atacks black and my game always freezes if red wins but slows down cociderably if black wins.I dont know if i was suposed to go there at all or what.
Please help.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 01 May 2016, 09:08

From what i have played so far I vent to the left and after about 50 tries i got past all sodiers there and got to the part where
SPOILERS!!!
Red atacks black and my game always freezes if red wins but slows down cociderably if black wins.I dont know if i was suposed to go there at all or what.
Please help.
Do you have an old computer? Can you tell me its specs?
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 01 May 2016, 13:27

@TDL,

Here is a save file that I had right before this battle between red and black begins. I don't have an old computer myself, but maybe it will help you find what's wrong (if something is wrong: I didn't have this problem myself).
test.zip
In addition, why did my victory stats say that I lost two units? (Either see my last PDF screenshot or just load my .sav file to see.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 01 May 2016, 14:33

In addition, why did my victory stats say that I lost two units? (Either see my last PDF screenshot or just load my .sav file to see.)
I think because two units died that belonged to player 1 (but are not controllable/visible (actually one of them might be the stonemason)). Good catch.
<<

FatheriatorCZ

Serf

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 25 May 2016, 13:10

SPOILERS!!!
Please help.
Intel core duo 2.80Ghz
6GB RAM
64bit windows 10
some kind of grafic card with 1 gb virtual memory :D
i hope it is enought sory for not responding fo long time i had some problems.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 04 Jun 2016, 22:05

SPOILERS!!!
Please help.
Intel core duo 2.80Ghz
6GB RAM
64bit windows 10
some kind of grafic card with 1 gb virtual memory :D
i hope it is enought sory for not responding fo long time i had some problems.
I was just working on the mission again and it's now like 99,9% finished. I also looked into this part again, and you're right, I also noticed a decline in performance after that part - but only when speeding up the game with F8. This does indicate that the script is not very effecient and is slowing down the game, but since my computer is older and slower than yours I'm not sure if that's the only problem (it could also be your computer). If more people have this issue I'll look into the script.
Now, finishing touches and then mission 15...
Edit: finished mission 14 is now available on TeamSpeak (Map Archive --> The Dark Lord's maps).

Return to “Map Design”