King of the Castle

<<

Black

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 05 Jun 2017, 14:23

King of the Castle

:idea: Hi all,
inspired by TheRagingBullett i realised a Special Map where you must hold a position in the centre to win the game.
Pratically, it is a fighting map with some special features, for max 4 players.
You must hold the centre for 25 min in total, so not consecutevely.

The map is nothing special ( quite bad to say it all) but i made it only to test the script, which can be easily used on other maps, also building ones.

Don't know if someone is interested in it, by the way i will pubblish it cause i think it can be a good starting point for someone who like this 'new mode'.
King of the Castle.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Black on 19 Jul 2017, 08:37, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Thaler

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 11 Jun 2017, 15:46

Re: King of the Castle

I've just published an updated version of the map with some bug fixed :)
Nice map thanks Black.
Last edited by Thaler on 18 Oct 2021, 19:53, edited 6 times in total.
<<

Black

Warrior

Post 12 Jun 2017, 12:34

Happy to hear someone appreciate it ;)
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 13 Jun 2017, 18:43

I tested it with 2 randoms, and I gotta say I expected the map to look way worse, and the script to be nothing interesting. I'm happy to be wrong on both counts :D This seems really fun and with a lot of potential. I like the battlefield - it works really well for 4 players, I'm not sure whether you put any thought on how you placed the castles and mountains but the placements make perfect sense. I'd love to see an 8P version as well, as I am afraid this mode might get really popular in some time.
<<

Black

Warrior

Post 14 Jun 2017, 08:10

Hi Sado, first of all thank you for reply. I realized the map first on a sheet of paper (yes like a child :P ) cause in this mode battlefield is extremely important. But i realised the map very quiclky, and infact it is actually terrible from Naturalistic point of view. Sadly i haven't time to make a better one.

To me, the map can be taken as a test for the new mode. With better map this can be a quite nice mode in future, i hope so at least.
I was actually evaluating to make a 8p version, maybe supporting also the chance to play it 2vs2vs2vs2, but this need some time to change script and most important thing, it needs a new map.
Moreover TheRagingBullett is working on a bulding version of this mode, and i think it can help to make Mp games more various, once it's finished.
<<

Black

Warrior

Post 19 Jul 2017, 08:36

I've just published an updated version of the map with some bug fixed :)
<<

ArthurLoden

Peasant

Post 12 Dec 2020, 10:09

:idea: Hi all,
inspired by TheRagingBullett i realised a Special Map where you must hold a position in the centre to win the game.
Pratically, it is a fighting map with some special features, for max 4 players.
You must know about sarms for sale and hold the centre for 25 min in total, so not consecutevely.

The map is nothing special ( quite bad to say it all) but i made it only to test the script, which can be easily used on other maps, also building ones.

Don't know if someone is interested in it, by the way i will pubblish it cause i think it can be a good starting point for someone who like this 'new mode'.
King of the Castle.zip
Wow, thanks for this map. It is working and I am using it in my game. It is interesting that it makes the game good. Keep it up bro.
Last edited by ArthurLoden on 12 Nov 2022, 22:05, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Menszu

Vagabond

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 17 Feb 2021, 15:24

Oh, wow! :D Long time no see first of all :D I'm the map's author. I watched the Steam screenshots of the game and at one moment I was like.. "hey... it's my map!" :D I couldn't believe it since it was rather unpopular when it was created, I hardly could find Players to test it, and its coup de grace was not being included in the community's map pack which was released at this time. And so I feared it would be forever forgotten, so I'm super excited to see it being played, and what's more, I come back to forum only to see that the topic about it is quite fresh! :mrgreen:

I'm glad you liked it! I'll have to see how it works after modifications! Perhaps it is time to play KaM once again :wink:
Puny lords starving your subjects, such weakness, shame on you...

Return to “Map Design”