Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 11 Dec 2008, 03:50

Christmas Mission Competition!

This competition has closed!

Anybody can enter with any mission, providing it fits this criteria:
1. The mission must be your own creation, and not someone else's work. (unless of course more than one person made the mission, which is fine)
2. The mission must not have been entered in the competition earlier this year.
3. The map and mission must both be original, and not copied from or based on one of the campaign missions or maps.
4. Each person may only enter one mission in this competition
5. Missions must be one single player mission, (not multiplayer or a campaign) either battle or normal

Entries close at midnight on the 14th of January 2009, and judging will commence shortly after. Results should be available by the end of January. (once judging is complete)

Missions will be judged upon:
1. Quality of map (terrain)
2. Quality of script (e.g. how well the AI works)
3. Quality of story
4. Originality
5. Entertainment value

Bonus points will be awarded if the mission has a Christmas like theme. (e.g. the map is snowy, the story is set around Christmas, etc.)
To enter, simply upload your mission via my mission website or email it to me (lewin@namsys.com.au), stating that you would like to have it entered in the competition.There will be no prize, except for the honor of winning. :wink:
Good luck! And start scripting!
Lewin.

EDIT: Closing date extended to the 14th of January, due to lack of entries.

EDIT 2: Competition closed and reviews release. See post at the bottom for more details.
<<

Nick

Crossbowman

Post 11 Dec 2008, 08:04

I was planning to make my multiplayer map for single play so i guess i'll do it now and participate in this competition.
However i don't think i gonna win :wink: But then u got 1 more map on your site :D
<<

harold

Knight

Post 11 Dec 2008, 15:43

What's the difference between the 3rd and the 5th judging point (or whatever those are called)? :wink:
<<

Merchator

Sword Fighter

Post 11 Dec 2008, 15:53

What's the difference between the 3rd and the 5th judging point (or whatever those are called)? :wink:
Maybe he meant:
5. Quantity of story

Joke of the day :lol:

Who is judging the missions this time? Do you have any supporters? Is it TDL again?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 11 Dec 2008, 22:04

Maybe he meant:
5. Quantity of story
Joke of the day :lol:
Actually no. I copy and parted them and forgot to change the last one to Entertainment Value.
Fixed now.
Who is judging the missions this time? Do you have any supporters? Is it TDL again?
I'm hoping someone else will help me, it's good to have more than one opinion. I haven't asked TDL yet, but he may not want to. Also, this time TDL and I will be allowed to enter, but we will judge each others missions.
If he is to busy/doesn't want to then I'm happy for anyone else who is willing to to help me judge.

BTW: Since on one's commented on it, what do you guys think of my animation?
Lewin.
<<

MichGal

Lance Carrier

Post 11 Dec 2008, 22:59

I don't know how to make the maps...but I'll be happy to play them...LOL
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 13 Dec 2008, 14:59

Hmm well I wouldn't mind judging missions again, but I'm not sure if I can find time to do it. Certainly not before the 5th.

I'm not sure yet if I will enter a mission. I'm quite busy at the moment, and next week I'm in Berlin with school. :)
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 14 Dec 2008, 03:43

Hmm well I wouldn't mind judging missions again, but I'm not sure if I can find time to do it. Certainly not before the 5th.
Well please don't feel that you are obliged to. I can probably find someone else to help me, or I could even do it on my own. After the 5th would be fine, I don't mind if it takes a month or more for the results to be released.
I'm not sure yet if I will enter a mission. I'm quite busy at the moment, and next week I'm in Berlin with school. :)
Remember that in this competition you can enter a mission that you made before. (as in it doesn't have to be created especially for the comp) So you could enter one of your TNL missions. (with a Christmasy theme, don't forget :D)

So if you feel you can spare the time, let me know. Otherwise, also let me know and I'll post an announcement asking for someone else to help. :wink:
Lewin.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 29 Dec 2008, 10:20

Hi Everyone,
Due to a lack of entires I have extended the close date to the 14th. :( I currently have only 4 entires, and a few people have said they would like to enter but will be unable to do so by the previous close date, the 31st.

So that gives you all 2 weeks to make your missions! Lets make this competition as good as the last one! :wink:

I'm sorry to give you all such late notice about this, and to be fair if you have already entered then you are entitled to update or change your entry as much as you like before the 14th.
Get scripting! :)
Lewin.
P.S. We now have 3 judges, (Ben, The Dark Lord and me) so we should get a more balanced view of the missions.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 18 Jan 2009, 06:56

Hello,
The competition is closed, and judging is commencing. I have no idea how long it will take, but judging by last time about a month.
I received a total of 7 entires, 1 up from last time.

Thank you to everybody who entered!
Lewin.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 13 Apr 2009, 07:12

I have finally added all of the missions and reviews!

The final places were:
1st - Ben with Vortamic
2nd - The Dark Lord with Intermediary
3rd - Thunderwolf with The Christmas Setup
4th - Nicolae with Dark Age Warfare
5th - Grayter with Pursuit
6th - Kamyk with The River of Gods

Congratulations to everyone who entered, and to Ben especially for winning first place.

Check the website if you want to play the missions or read the reviews. Scroll down to near the bottom and look for the missions tagged with Christmas Competition.

Nick also entered his mission Smart which he made last year. However, none of the judges were able to win it, :lol: so I decided not to include it in the official results. (it wasn't really made for the competition anyway) But Ben still wrote a review of it, which can be seen it's page.

I will probably run another competition later, but right now I've had enough of writing reviews. :wink:
Lewin.
<<

Nick

Crossbowman

Post 14 Apr 2009, 15:08

huh noweone won my mission? :(
did the Dark Lord also try? cuz i would expect him to win it...
anyway it's good u didnt include it
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 26 Apr 2009, 02:54

anyway it's good u didnt include it
Only Ben tried your mission. The Dark Lord and I didn't have the time, so we didn't attempt it. I doubt I could win it anyway, I'm not that good at playing KaM. :wink:
Lewin.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 15 Aug 2009, 07:56

Thanks for the compliment, and Lewin is right, I didn't have time. I could still play it if you like. :wink:
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 04 Apr 2011, 01:01

@Nick

This is kinda old but I thought I'd let you know I gave your mission another shot. This time, I came really close. I fended the enemy off many times, but eventually a different player (I think because it was the first time I fought such a large army) sent a large army and wiped me out :?
I'll get it next time :wink:
I used to spam this forum so much...

Return to “Map Design”