Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

A question to Lewin

<<

Thanatos

Blacksmith

Post 13 Sep 2009, 20:40

A question to Lewin

Lewin, I couldn't find any scripts to change alliance status during a mission. I s there any way to do it or are you going to make it possible in next KamEdit versions? In multiplayer it is possible to change Ally status.

That's not all....
The next question is... Is it possible to make AI attacks repeat in a time period? In existing repeating AI attacks comp player send troops to attack an another player every time it has enougn soldiers in second line. It would be good to add repeating timer as an additional condition to attack.

I have one question more but I'll write it later... i'm working with my own mission....
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 14 Sep 2009, 04:55

Re: A question to Lewin

Hi Thanatos,
Firstly I would like to remind you that my mission editor is only an interface to the KaM scripting language. I can only work within the confines of the very limited KaM mission format. I have tried to make my editor support as much as possible, and I continue to update it as new scripting discoveries are made. (such as AI aggressiveness, which was only discovered this year) We do not have the source code for KaM, so we can only look at existing missions and make guesses as to what the commands do. We also cannot add new commands to KaM as we please.
Lewin, I couldn't find any scripts to change alliance status during a mission. I s there any way to do it or are you going to make it possible in next KamEdit versions? In multiplayer it is possible to change Ally status.
No, this is not possible. There is no timer system in KaM or any other way to allow this. If I could I would support a feature like this, but I can only do what KaM lets me. I can't add this to future versions because KaM doesn't have an interface to allow this. The multiplayer thing is different, and unrelated to scripting.
The next question is... Is it possible to make AI attacks repeat in a time period? In existing repeating AI attacks comp player send troops to attack an another player every time it has enougn soldiers in second line. It would be good to add repeating timer as an additional condition to attack.
I agree, that would be useful. However, it's not possible. (as far as I and the rest of the community are aware) There does not seem to be a command available to do that.
I have one question more but I'll write it later... i'm working with my own mission....
Ask me anything you like. If it's another request for scipt commands then I probably won't be able to do it. Show me your mission when it's done if you like.
Lewin.
P.S. These features will probably be supported in the Remakes that are being made. However, they probably won't be done for another year or so.
<<

Thanatos

Blacksmith

Post 14 Sep 2009, 11:24

I've heard that there is a certain KAM TKE is it released or work with this project still in process? I saw Krom's remake(economy mod or how he called it) I couldn't understand what it has been done for? I thing it is useless....
<<

harold

Knight

Post 14 Sep 2009, 11:31

TKE is not finished yet
It's coming along nicely though

If you google it you will find the official TKE website
<<

Thanatos

Blacksmith

Post 14 Sep 2009, 12:33

When Ai builds its town it builds 1 weapons workshop and 1 armor workshop. If I give it 2 w.worshops and 3 armories. Will Ai re-build all these buildings if I destoroy them?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 15 Sep 2009, 04:06

I saw Krom's remake(economy mod or how he called it) I couldn't understand what it has been done for? I thing it is useless....
I'm glad that you appreciate our hard work! We are recoding KaM from scratch, the whole thing. We are just reusing the graphics/sounds. True, right now it isn't useful, but that's because it isn't finished! It's only an alpha demo, it's not supposed to be playable. These projects are both in early stages and are the hobbies of fans. We are not getting paid! So don't expect them to be finished really quickly. Recoding the engine is a huge task.
Will Ai re-build all these buildings if I destoroy them?
No, they won't rebuild them as far as I know. I'm pretty sure that if they are in smart mode they will build lots of each building. (and otherwise they will build just one of each) That's kind of the purpose of it. I don't have the answers for all these questions, I only made the mission editor. You can run experiments yourself too. If you find anything useful, let us know.
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 15 Sep 2009, 15:51

KaM Remake is a hobby project, it's supposed to be useless like any other hobby project :wink:
If you like it - play it, if not - move along :)
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Thanatos

Blacksmith

Post 19 Sep 2009, 17:47

One more... what max size of maps does KAM TPR support? 196x196 is too small....)))
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 20 Sep 2009, 02:55

One more... what max size of maps does KAM TPR support? 196x196 is too small....)))
196x196 is the maximum supported by TPR/TSK. The remakes will probably support higher resolutions.
I find that pretty big, and even then you sometimes hit the unit limit.
<<

harold

Knight

Post 20 Sep 2009, 03:12

196x196 is actually so big that the minimap doesn't fit in it's normal space
So that's pretty big
<<

Thanatos

Blacksmith

Post 20 Sep 2009, 06:47

196x196 is not enough for 5-6 players. It does not leave enough space for battle between towns and there's small distance between comp players so that they often engage to battle troops from def points if they attack an enemy to close to their town...
<<

Thanatos

Blacksmith

Post 20 Sep 2009, 06:51

Lewin, have you got my mission? I've sent it to you 2 days ago as you asked me...
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 20 Sep 2009, 07:28

Lewin, have you got my mission? I've sent it to you 2 days ago as you asked me...
Yes, it's on the website. (I sent you an email to tell you)

Return to “Map Design”