Black screen when starting second map in campaign

<<

Dudeim

Serf

Post 14 Apr 2010, 06:11

Black screen when starting second map in campaign

Hey all,

Hope there are some active people here still:P

I recently started making kam maps and it went well atleast the first map. It was playable (only somehow my stonecutter couldn't cut the stone but I just removed him then and it was no more a problem), but then I made a second map added it the same way as the first one only then on mission2.dat. But when I finish the first map (using cheats because I always do like 8 hours over 1 map) everything goes fine till I start the second map (after the screen where you see where your going with the red flags etc..) I just get a black map. No visuals, no mouse, no sound nothing and I really don't know what I did wrong. So anyone knows what my problem is?

Putting my campaign on TSK campaign btw.

Thanks
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 15 Apr 2010, 06:36

Hi,
So the map is black for the second mission? Then you instantly win or lose? This means that either there was an error loading the map or there is nothing visible in the mission.
Check the following things:
- Is the map file in the right place? If KaM can't find the map this can happen. Also make sure that in the mission the property "Map File" (under Generic in the Tree View) is set correctly. (to the location of the map file)
- Do you have any Map Revealers set? If not then things may not be visible. Place some Map Revealers near the buildings in the mission.

If neither of those things fix it then email the files to me (lewinjh@gmail.com) and I will take a look.
Lewin.
P.S. Which programs are you using to make the map/mission?
<<

Dudeim

Serf

Post 15 Apr 2010, 13:57

Thanks for your reply, but I don't win or lose it's just black I can't even see the UI of kam everything is black. I'm using your editor and that of krom both downloaded from here I thought. I've multiple map revealers on screen and even show whole map on. Also rechecked if the files where standing good and the path was good, everything was good. I'll send you the files and hope you can help me;).

PS: don't expect something great as the map still sucksXD
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 16 Apr 2010, 04:42

Okay I fixed it. :)

You had a group of militia partly on a mountain, which caused the game to lock up during loading. I have emailed you back a version with the militia moved forward a few tiles so it doesn't crash.

You might be wondering why all your groups are swapping places rather than staying on the defence position they currently occupy. Well, this is because the order of the defence positions (as it appears in the treeview) must match the order of troops. So the first group will go to the first defence position and so on. Also you have 21 defence positions, but the maximum KaM can handle is 20. (per team) Information like this can be found in the help file under Appendix -> Command Limits.

I hope this helps you, good luck with your mission! If it's good please upload it to my mission sharing website when you finish it:
http://lewin.namsys.com.au/kam/index.php?go=knights_and_merchants_editor_missions

Let me know if you have any other problems or questions.
Lewin.
<<

Dudeim

Serf

Post 16 Apr 2010, 06:51

Thanks man it worked:)

If it becomes any good i'll upload it my only problem will be the terraining but will work on it;)
<<

Dudeim

Serf

Post 16 Apr 2010, 06:51

Thanks man it worked:)

If it becomes any good i'll upload it my only problem will be the terraining but will work on it;)
<<

Dudeim

Serf

Post 16 Apr 2010, 06:54

Whoops dubble post Just saying cus I can't delete or edit one of those (posting as a guest made acc now)
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 17 Apr 2010, 04:27

Glad I was able to help :)

Return to “Map Design”