Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

How to play the downloaded maps?

<<

I am new...

Post 17 Jun 2010, 15:54

How to play the downloaded maps?

I can't figure it out and can't find a threat...
Help please!
<<

Thunderwolf

Crossbowman

Website: http://thunderwolf.freehost10.com/KaMMissionBuilder/index.php

Post 17 Jun 2010, 18:18

I do hope you're looking for a thread, rather than a threat..

And while we're at that, a map can't be played, though I'd assume you mean both a map and a mission..

Most of the missions should have a readme of how to install/use included. If not, here's how...

1) Navigate with windows explorer to your Knights and Merchants installation folder ( C:\Program Files\KnightsAndMerchants is the default for TSK, KaM - The Peasants Rebellion for TPR)

2) Copy the downloaded .map file to the kam folder\data\mission\Xmaps\, where X stands for either s (single player mission TSK) or d (single player mission TPR), m (multiplayer mission).

- You won't know which one if there isn't a readme included. It might even be a custom made folder, for example tocmaps for my own The outer colony campaign -

3) Copy the downloaded mission file XmissionN.dat to the kam folder\data\mission\, where X is blank for TSK missions, d for TPR missions, m for multiplayer missions and s for the single player skirmishes (TPR only); and N stands for the mission number, where, for example, 1 means the first mission of that campaign. The mission0.dat is the tutorial.

- Even though being able to handle custom filenames for the map files, this is not the case for mission.dat files. Files with different names will simply be ignored. This also makes you only able to overwrite other missions. If you want to be able to keep playing those, either make a copy of the original files you can copy back, or make a seperate install (or copy the complete kam folder) -
~old sig
MissionBuilder v0.9f2 UPDATED!!
Defend The Outer Colony. fight for your king and uncover the secrets of this land.
Temporary version at
http://thunderwolf.x10hosting.com/index.php
"You can't defeat me, I've played Knights and Merchants"
<<

I am new...

Post 21 Jun 2010, 14:19

Thank you

Return to “Map Design”