Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Couple of thoughts about Kroms editor

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 21 Aug 2010, 23:43

Couple of thoughts about Kroms editor

Hey I got a question about Kroms map editor. Is it possible to make the brick tiles that roads/buildings can't be build on? They are found in mission 1 TSK on your bridge if anyone is confused about what I'm talking about.

Also, is it possible to add the destroyed building terrain (the terrain that replaces where the building once was) to the map editor? It's never found on any maps in TSK or TPR so it might not be possible, but it seems it could be done; although I really wouldn't know :? .

Sorry if I'm unclear.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 22 Aug 2010, 02:12

Re: Couple of thoughts about Kroms editor

Hey I got a question about Kroms map editor. Is it possible to make the brick tiles that roads/buildings can't be build on? They are found in mission 1 TSK on your bridge if anyone is confused about what I'm talking about.
Yes you can do that, there are two types of that brick tile. The default type used by the terrain brush can be built on (I think) but if you go to Tiles you will find another that looks the same but cannot be built on. Experiment and work out which one it is.
Also, is it possible to add the destroyed building terrain (the terrain that replaces where the building once was) to the map editor? It's never found on any maps in TSK or TPR so it might not be possible, but it seems it could be done; although I really wouldn't know :? .
No you can't add destroyed building terrain to the map. You can place a building in the mission and destroy it though, it gives the same effect plus rubble objects.
Lewin.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 22 Aug 2010, 17:41

No you can't add destroyed building terrain to the map. You can place a building in the mission and destroy it though, it gives the same effect plus rubble objects.
Lewin.
Too bad. I've used the other technique before but the problem is that your restricted to certain sizes and shapes, (since buildings can't touch) and you can't make destroyed roads.
I used to spam this forum so much...

Return to “Map Design”