Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

AI Agresivness and Town Defence

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 24 Aug 2010, 02:36

AI Agresivness and Town Defence

Hi all.

Lewin has a couple of things in his editor which he calls "AI Aggressiveness" and "Town Defense" Town defense is 0 to 100 and Aggressiveness is 0 to 200. For the town defense I usually go around 80 and Aggressiveness I usually put around 100, but does anyone know what they are set to? I really hate just typing in a number without knowing what the result will be.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Categoricus

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 28 Aug 2010, 21:57

I think Agressiveness defines the measure of defence if defence shall happen. If Agressiveness factor is set on a high value, AI player will send lots of troops against you when it gets attacked.

As I recognised Town Defence is a presumption value that determines whether AI player reacts or not, or it may mean a latency from getting attacked to defending. If Town Defence factor is set on a low value, AI won't defend for a certain time, no matter how high Agressiveness is.
Primus Christianus Hungaricus Categoricus
<<

Jochem

Serf

Post 28 Aug 2010, 23:40

I've tried this and put agressiveness to 120, instead of the usual 'standard'. What happened is that more groups of the AI attacked me when I attacked one of his groups. So my conclusion would be that the number is connected with a sertain amount of troops sent when getting attacked. I wouldnt know about town defence though.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 29 Aug 2010, 02:03

I haven't done much research into these commands, but I'll tell you what I know:

- Town Defence sets how the AI will respond when you attack their buildings. It could be useful in a mission where you want the player to destroy the AI's buildings but you don't want the AI to send his troops to defend them. It might be a radius, e.g. defend buildings within 20 tiles of start position/army or something, I really don't know.
- AI Aggressiveness was never used in the original missions! It is in one mission but it is not enabled (they deleted the ! before the command so it wouldn't be processed) I think that's right anyway, it's on an old topic around here somewhere.... In the brief tests I did it seemed to effect how many troops the AI would send if you attack a group of soldiers. So if it is set to 0 then the AI will never come to aid soldiers being attacked, and if it is 200 they send every group they have as soon as a single soldier is being attacked.

However, unless you have a specific reason to modify these values I recommend you leave them as the defaults as that is what they are in 90% of the original missions.
I hope this helps.
Lewin.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 30 Aug 2010, 00:08

Indeed it does! Thanks a lot, everyone! I was just wondering because it really didn't seem to make a diference what I put it on :P
I'll likely run some tests sometime.
I used to spam this forum so much...

Return to “Map Design”