Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Help please?!

<<

Shadowayara

Peasant

Post 23 Oct 2010, 22:54

Help please?!

hey, i'm kinda creating my first mission, and i wondered if i could get some help, as the momeny i try the mission it just not shows any of my buildings or anything?! tho the map and mission all fit in perfectly, it still doesn't do what i want! tho i used both the map editor, and mission editor it fails D= help please? as it's kinda an awesome mission i designed to be the first in a superhard campain! :D
<<

Tomo2008

Vagabond

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 24 Oct 2010, 00:30

Hey, there's not many on at the moment I think, people seem to be busy :s but you need to check that the files are saved in the same place:

- dmission1-14.dat - are The Peasants Rebellion mission files.
- mission1-20.dat - are The Shattered Kingdom mission files.
- mission0.dat - is the tutorial
- smission0-7.dat - are the single maps. (in the same order as they appear in the menu)
- mmission0-9.dat - are the multiplayer maps. (in the same order as they appear in the menu)
- dmission0.dat - is not actually used in the game, so don't use it!
- dmaps are The Peasants Rebellion map files
- smaps are The Shattered Kingdom map files
- mmaps are multiplayer map files

In the editor (Lewin's), dmissions should be loaded whern loading the dmaps (the map/mission numbers must be identical, so 'dmission01.dat' will use 'save01.map' in the dmaps folder), then mission0-20 should use the maps from the smaps folder (and multiplayer must use mmaps). Make sure to save, then play the correct campaign (smaps>TSK, dmaps>TPR)

Tell me how you get on:)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 24 Oct 2010, 02:38

[Tommo2008=quote]
In the editor (Lewin's), dmissions should be loaded whern loading the dmaps (the map/mission numbers must be identical, so 'dmission01.dat' will use 'save01.map' in the dmaps folder), then mission0-20 should use the maps from the smaps folder (and multiplayer must use mmaps). Make sure to save, then play the correct campaign (smaps>TSK, dmaps>TPR) [/quote]
Actually, dmissions can use maps located in the smaps folder.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 24 Oct 2010, 10:53

Two most common causes:
1. The map isn't loading. Save the map as something like in data\mission\smaps\MyMap.map and make sure it is set correctly in the mission file. (under Treeview -> Generic -> Map File) Note that the map name can NOT contain spaces!

2. Make sure that buildings of the human player have Map Revealers placed near them, or else they might not appear at all.

@Tomo: Actually a mission file can use ANY map name located in ANY folder of the KaM directory. You could even put it under data\gfx\fonts or something if you really want to, the location is defined by the "Map File" property in the mission.
Lewin.
<<

Tomo2008

Vagabond

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 24 Oct 2010, 13:13

Ah right, I suppose if he wanted to make sure though he could link them up that way. Might seem simpler when looking at the files.
<<

Shadowayara

Peasant

Post 25 Oct 2010, 15:45

Haha thanks man with the Map revealers!, this is just what i needed :D now the map is opperational :D just need to know where to send it!

Return to “Map Design”