Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Recommendations for New Remake Multiplayer Maps

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 06 Nov 2011, 01:01

Recommendations for New Remake Multiplayer Maps

Okay everyone, I want to help with the Remake, and since my skills are almost strictly related to map making, I am hoping that all of you would give me ideas for what kind of map you would like me to make.

Bombard me with ideas. I don't care how many you give me. I enjoy making maps, but I lack creativity, so give me ideas!

Of course, it will take time for me to make them. Maps where everything needs to be perfectly balanced take more time than most others.

Thank you!
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Siegfried

Knight

Post 06 Nov 2011, 09:26

Hi Ben,

I'm a big fan of non-symmetrical maps.

Make a building map for 6 players, 4 vs 2. Place the 2 on the bottom with mountains and 2 or 3 relatively narrow entrances, so this is relatively easy to defend. And place the 4 in the upper half without any coherend mountains, so this will be hard to defend. Give them little trees so the city building is slowed down and let things roll.
If it is still unbalanced, make it a 7 players map, 4v3.

I like your maps, so keep them coming :)
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 06 Nov 2011, 09:45

I'd like to see an 8 players fighting map, none exist at the moment :wink:
(4v4 :P )

Good luck creating the maps !
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 06 Nov 2011, 09:54

I came up with an idea for a special fighing mission in which you have to destroy a building from the other team to win.
Both teams have a building that they have to defend. When it is destroyed the team loses, and if they destroy the building from the other team they win. The map will be some sort of maze with a lot of ways to get to your enemy. So when you're down to one soldier you can still win if you are sneaky enough. I think this would be most fun with fog of war.
YET I don't know if this will work out (for example if one team just keeps defending and doesn't move, but this can also be done in normal fighting maps so in that aspect it's not really a problem. I was thinking of making defending a disadvantage by raising the ground around the building so when you attack your archers will have higher range (when that is implemented)).

I'm planning to make such a map myself though but if I cancel the project you could take the idea (you could anyway, actually :P).
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 07 Nov 2011, 04:45

I've already made a 2 vs. 1 map. Two players on a team cannot access iron so they must use primitive units. They also have a difficult position to defend.
I've also made a balanced (almost perfectly, down to how many tiles of gold each player, trees, elevation, etc) 1 vs. 1 since I noticed the Remake currently lacks these.

Hmm. Your idea sounds most interesting, Dark Lord, but as you said, it would be best with fog of war. If we could somehow use triggers to reward a player for not camping, then it would work even more. But for now, I'd like to focus on what can be done right now.

Battle missions are not hard to make. I can get an eight player one done in a day if I have time. I'll get right on that.
I'm a big fan of non-symmetrical maps.
So am I (sometimes, anyway), but from what I gather from making them, it seems that a peace time is almost completely necessary since 3 players with militia will rush more than 2 players every time. A way to balance this may be to give the big team less resources (mostly timber) then the little team.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 07 Nov 2011, 05:04

Please send me the maps when they're done, I'll be very glad to include them :)

I think the most important thing right now is to have more variety in the maps. So yes a fair 1 vs 1 would be nice and so would an 8 player battle.
And I'd love to see more non-symmetrical maps, as most of the ones right now are fairly balanced between players. I'd love to see some 2vs3 or 3vs4 building maps :) Maybe even a 2 vs 4/5/6 siege, with two players defending a massive castle. There could be multiple lines of defend, from the outer village to the inner most keep where the king is commanding :)
I look forward to seeing your maps, we can test them online before the next release by sending them to people.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 07 Nov 2011, 05:08

Email on the way Lewin. I'll use your site to send them.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 07 Nov 2011, 09:57

Awesome, thanks! :D They both look nice and will certainly add some variation to our current stock of maps.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 07 Nov 2011, 10:02

Screenie! Screenie! Screenie! :D
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 07 Nov 2011, 18:05

It would be hard to make castle-defend map where defender would not have desire to take his defenders and destroy the opposition asap.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 07 Nov 2011, 18:25

Maybe a map..with two kings...and there 2 bodyguards(maybe the iron barbarian) and than an big big map..witch 2-5 enemies...and you must kill the black king(enemy) but defend the second king, who is you friend.
Maybe he has only a little village with 2 towers or something!??!?!
You aren´t a good player if you have a good PT-Army. You should be able to use it correctly!

You want cheap new Computergames? No problem, you will get them here: https://www.g2a.com/r/pawel95
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 07 Nov 2011, 18:58

In Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced II there is a speed battle mode.

So, how about a 3-5player(+1 AI) map with a mountain stronghold in the middle and you need to get there first, slaying a huge amount of units in a single lane to the top.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 07 Nov 2011, 21:14

It would be hard to make castle-defend map where defender would not have desire to take his defenders and destroy the opposition asap.
Not really. Right now I am making a map where the castle is under sige by a barbarian encampment. The barbarians lack food, and thus, must attack quickly or they can't win (they will starve) whereas the castle people must hold off until all enemy soldiers are killed.
I could even do it the opposite way, (where the castle teams sally fourth) but I don't think that would be much fun.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 10 Nov 2011, 22:54

I'd like to arrange a time to test some of my new maps. Does anyone care to help me out?
I'd like to test a 1v2 and a 1v1. Fridays and Saturdays work great for me, but otherwise I can play from 4-8 on Mondays-Thursdays (US Eastern time or whatever the time zone is called :P)
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 10 Nov 2011, 23:17

I'll be glad to play on your map(s). But please, give us a screenshot, I'm very curious! :O

Return to “Map Design”