Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

The Dark Lord's multiplayer maps

<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 23 Dec 2012, 16:32

Re: The Dark Lord's multiplayer maps

It didn't make such a big difference, but started trading quite late. It was on r4179 btw, so it would be easier on r4279. Besides I think like no one will use it.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 17 Feb 2013, 00:09

Alrighty! I found my topic! It was pretty far down the bottom of the topic list; in other words: time to wipe the dust off it. I've finished Majestic Waters. Here is a screenshot:

I wanted to try something new/make something unique and the result are those caves. I'm pretty happy with how it worked out, I hope you like it too. :)
Now, about this map:
- Location 3 has extra iron ore and gold ore because iron and coal are so far away from each other. Back when I made it like this I thought it was necessairy but I'm not so sure anymore. If you're going to test this map, please let me know what you think about this.
- All locations have little iron (140). This means that rushing is an even more dangerous strategy than usual on this map; if you run out of iron, you can only make militia... (On the other hand: you can only make two iron mines so you will run out less quickly compared to most other maps.)

Before I upload the map I have to check some last things, I'll do that tomorrow. :)
<<

Oleg

Lance Carrier

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 17 Feb 2013, 00:12

*Bows down* master.. teach me your ways
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 17 Feb 2013, 02:22

Looks awesome as always :)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 17 Feb 2013, 06:22

As you already know, I love your maps, Dark Lord. Nobody can ever exceed your prowess in map making. Thank you for releasing another one. I hope to play it a lot in the future.

Still, I can't help but feel jealousy when I see your maps. They are too good :)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 17 Feb 2013, 10:46

Hello!

First word: Magic holes ;)

All locations have little iron (140)

Low iron ores on the locs are always a risky option. It will be hard to decide to what start to play.
I dont think too many players will play 3-4smithies and 2-3 armories, and 1-2weaponries. 2 smithies+1-1armory and weaponry (leather base+little support iron). Or trade the whole iron ores;) (16horses-70corn....blablabla) So i think maybe more leather rush will be there than ironrush :rolleyes: (?)

Seems to me at first sight loc3's gold is catchable in time.(stonemasons+woodcutters combo...)
Anyway what's size of the map? And how many ironslots/player?
I think the players will like it! Top 10map!
Nice job Lord!

t
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 17 Feb 2013, 11:05

I guess I should prohibit players on leather locs from trading iron.
:(

This is uniqe startegie of the Paradise island;)
Build a 'false ironmine'. Need to know really what do you do. And lot timbers, or trunks are needly, and plus need to build leather locations too. Not really easy. REally need to know the market uses too. So i think its hard management.
Or if use this in the late game, could be more interesting- i dont know exactly how much coal on the map.
Can this start be stronger than only leather?

Maybe 'if' would give this option to the south too ;) I dont now other map/-s where this False ironmines option works.
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 17 Feb 2013, 11:42

Definitely leave the option to trade for iron. I think that making iron troops on a leather loc with Market would need a good city and resource management. Why punish a better player? It's a much nicer tactic than abusing Market for horses etc.
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 17 Feb 2013, 12:05

Hey TDL, how long does making one map mostly take you (in hours)?
Nice coffee is always nice.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 17 Feb 2013, 13:08

Looks awesome as always :)
Thanks. :)
As you already know, I love your maps, Dark Lord. Nobody can ever exceed your prowess in map making. Thank you for releasing another one. I hope to play it a lot in the future.

Still, I can't help but feel jealousy when I see your maps. They are too good :)
Thanks Ben, but I can learn from others too; from To and Koczis for example. :)
All locations have little iron (140)

Low iron ores on the locs are always a risky option. It will be hard to decide to what start to play.
I dont think too many players will play 3-4smithies and 2-3 armories, and 1-2weaponries. 2 smithies+1-1armory and weaponry (leather base+little support iron). Or trade the whole iron ores;) (16horses-70corn....blablabla) So i think maybe more leather rush will be there than ironrush :rolleyes: (?)
Well that sounds good to me. :P
Anyway what's size of the map? And how many ironslots/player?
I think the players will like it! Top 10map!
Nice job Lord!

t
Thanks, the map size is 192x192. For now, every player can make two iron mines.
Hey TDL, how long does making one map mostly take you (in hours)?
To be honest I don't really know. I didn't really count the hours and I find it hard to make an educated guess. ;)

About Paradise Island: please note that that post dates from previous year. I haven't changed anything and I'm not planning to do so anymore. :)

Yesterday I've been having a conversation with Romek and To and they gave me some feedback on Majestic Waters. I will give player 2 and 5 access to one additional iron mine so they can build 3 mines like Romek suggested, I liked that idea (should I also increase the iron in the mountain? I'm not sure). Then I also want to make the map more open. I haven't changed anything yet but I'm planning something like this:

If that isn't enough I can always change more. ;)
Any sort of feedback is welcome, so please keep it coming.
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 17 Feb 2013, 13:39

Besides, how long do you think it's going to take you to finish off Tower Defense? And will it be MP or SP?
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 17 Feb 2013, 13:43

It really depends on how determined I am to finish it; for now I'd say a couple of months... It will be multiplayer. ;)
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 17 Feb 2013, 13:48

It really depends on how determined I am to finish it; for now I'd say a couple of months... It will be multiplayer. ;)
Which means each player would have do defend their own side, or one player would defend, and the other would attack?
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 17 Feb 2013, 13:53

Please take look at the first page of this topic, the map description and the screenshot should be enough to explain. :)
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 17 Feb 2013, 14:05

Please take look at the first page of this topic, the map description and the screenshot should be enough to explain. :)
Haha. I guess I'm just really terrible at reading before I ask stupid questions. ;) It's a good concept, I must say. Would it be hard to adjust it to a single player version, though? I guess I could keep myself busy with that when it's finished (if that's okay with you).

Return to “Map Design”