Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

The Dark Lord's multiplayer maps

<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 17 Feb 2013, 14:15

Re: The Dark Lord's multiplayer maps

No, but you could also just play it with AI players and continue after they died I think.
<<

FeyBart

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 17 Feb 2013, 14:24

Yeah, I guess.

Is it going to be a loop, or will it end after a fixed amount of waves?
Nice coffee is always nice.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 17 Feb 2013, 14:25

I think it will end after a fixed amount of waves. But I'll make sure you're dead by then, so don't worry. :mrgreen:
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 17 Feb 2013, 16:01

Really good work TDL, like always :D
I look forward to the waterfall (I like this ^^logic^^ thing on KaM :D) and to the whole new map.

Can you tell us when you approximately will "finish" your first version of tower defense? i cannot wait, playing/testing it :P
EDIT: Sorry, I have read now on the previous posts that it could take also a "couple of months" :D
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 17 Feb 2013, 16:17

I think it will end after a fixed amount of waves. But I'll make sure you're dead by then, so don't worry. :mrgreen:
Haha, thanks for that. But where are you going to put all the troops you'll need for those waves? Do you think you'll have enough space? And will the player be able to see their opponents (so will the FoW be lifted there)?
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 17 Feb 2013, 17:07

Thanks pawel. ;)
Haha, thanks for that. But where are you going to put all the troops you'll need for those waves? Do you think you'll have enough space? And will the player be able to see their opponents (so will the FoW be lifted there)?
The units will be spawned at the start of each attack wave, so I don't actually need the huge area in the center. But when I made the map I didn't know this so it's still there. ;)
The players will be able to see each other, but not the area in the center where the enemy spawns.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 17 Feb 2013, 17:26

Ok but playing tower defence games on my smartphone i miss one big point in your TD game :D
After 5-10 levels they are normaly huge and strong "Endbosses". :P So you plan to add a super barbarian or sth like that?
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 17 Feb 2013, 17:35

(...)
The units will be spawned at the start of each attack wave, so I don't actually need the huge area in the center. But when I made the map I didn't know this so it's still there. ;)
The players will be able to see each other, but not the area in the center where the enemy spawns.
Can you spawn units now? I didn't know that. Was that already there?
Ok but playing tower defence games on my smartphone i miss one big point in your TD game :D
After 5-10 levels they are normaly huge and strong "Endbosses". :P So you plan to add a super barbarian or sth like that?
I don't know if that would fit the game well, though...
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 17 Feb 2013, 19:35

The Dark Lord, we would REALLY like to have Tower Defence included in the next version of the Remake to demonstrate what can be done with dynamic scripting (we'll also have King of the Hill thanks to thunder). I'm quite happy to help with the script, if you told me what/when each wave should be and how the players should be rewarded for defeating it I could write the entire script for you in about 15 minutes (and you could customise it and balance it after testing).
No, but you could also just play it with AI players and continue after they died I think.
You can just start the game with no other players at all. The script could be written so when only one player is active the goal becomes not to stay alive longer than the other players (since with that condition you'd win immediately), but to defeat all of the waves.
Scouts/knights will move twice as fast so dodge rocks and arrows better and you'll have less time to kill them. They can be the bosses :P
(...)
Can you spawn units now? I didn't know that. Was that already there?
That's kind of the whole point of this scripting thing, you write code which the game interprets that allows you to do stuff that was not possible before, such as spawn units, place resources in houses, etc.
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 17 Feb 2013, 19:45

You can just start the game with no other players at all. The script could be written so when only one player is active the goal becomes not to stay alive longer than the other players (since with that condition you'd win immediately), but to defeat all of the waves.
(...)
Well, he said he would make the waves strong enough to make survival impossible. Can't there be a command which removes goals completely, so you can just keep on playing, alone or in multiplayer?
(...)
That's kind of the whole point of this scripting thing, you write code which the game interprets that allows you to do stuff that was not possible before, such as spawn units, place resources in houses, etc.
Hmm... I should get myself to this sometime. Apparently I don't have an idea what you can and cannot do with these commands. :P
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 17 Feb 2013, 23:36

Making the script is not hard once I know how to do it (e.g. I can add an attack wave in a couple of minutes), but if you could help me with writing a piece of script to set the victory conditions you'd be most welcome. ;)
Testing requires most time though.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 17 Feb 2013, 23:44

(...)
Well, he said he would make the waves strong enough to make survival impossible. Can't there be a command which removes goals completely, so you can just keep on playing, alone or in multiplayer?
Well I was under the impression that in multiplayer tower defence the goal is to survive longer than the other players. The goals will be defined in the script itself, so you don't need to "turn them off", you can just code them differently. For example the code to check player victories would be something like this:
  Code:
function CheckPlayerVictories; var I, K: Integer; Victory: Boolean; begin for I := 1 to 4 do if not States.PlayerDefeated(I) then begin Victory := True; //Assume we've won, and check extra conditions below //Check that every other player is defeated for K := 1 to 4 do if (I <> K) //don't check self and States.PlayerEnabled(K) then //Only check players that are in use Victory := Victory and States.PlayerDefeated(K); if Victory then Actions.Victory(I); end; end; procedure OnPlayerDefeat(aIndex: Integer); begin //Somebody was defeated so we need to check if that caused a player to win CheckPlayerVictories; end;
This means if you are the only player in the game, CheckPlayerVictories will never be called (until you are defeated at which point it doesn't matter) so you will never be declared victorious if you are the only player. But if there are multiple players it will check if someone won every time someone is defeated (you'd need to have separate code that set players to defeated when their tower is destroyed or whatever)
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 18 Feb 2013, 04:26

And here's the code for being defeated:
  Code:
const PLAYER_TOWER_X[0..3] = [1,2,3,4]; //X coordinates for each player's tower PLAYER_TOWER_Y[0..3] = [5,6,7,8]; //Y coordinates for each player's tower procedure OnHouseLost(aHouseID: Integer; aFullyBuilt: Boolean); var PlayerTower: Integer; begin for I := 0 to 3 do if States.PlayerEnabled(I) and not States.PlayerDefeated(I) then begin PlayerTower := States.HouseAt(PLAYER_TOWER_X[I], PLAYER_TOWER_Y[I]); if (PlayerTower = aHouseID) or States.HouseDestroyed(PlayerTower) then Actions.Defeat(I); //Player's tower was destroyed so they lose end; end;
Of course that's just one way to write it, there are other ways too.
<<

Oleg

Lance Carrier

Post 18 Feb 2013, 04:45

Where is all this code coming from? Just curious. And also if you use the Mission editor could you make it be (ALL NORMAL PLAYERS ARE ALLIED TO YOU)
  Code:
!ADD_GOAL 6 1 0 1 // !ADD_GOAL 6 1 0 2 // !ADD_GOAL 6 1 0 3 // !ADD_LOST_GOAL 6 0 0 0 //
And for the waves to come over and over could you do something like this?
  Code:
!SET_AI_ATTACK TYPE 1 //Once Off !SET_AI_ATTACK TOTAL_AMOUNT 20 !SET_AI_ATTACK COUNTER 0 !SET_AI_ATTACK TROUP_AMOUNT 0 20 //Melee !SET_AI_ATTACK TROUP_AMOUNT 1 0 //Anti-horse !SET_AI_ATTACK TROUP_AMOUNT 2 0 //Ranged !SET_AI_ATTACK TROUP_AMOUNT 3 0 //Mounted !SET_AI_ATTACK TARGET 3 //Custom X Y !SET_AI_ATTACK POSITION 1 1 !COPY_AI_ATTACK 0 !SET_AI_ATTACK TYPE 1 //Once Off !SET_AI_ATTACK TOTAL_AMOUNT 30 !SET_AI_ATTACK COUNTER 0 !SET_AI_ATTACK TROUP_AMOUNT 0 30 //Melee !SET_AI_ATTACK TROUP_AMOUNT 1 0 //Anti-horse !SET_AI_ATTACK TROUP_AMOUNT 2 0 //Ranged !SET_AI_ATTACK TROUP_AMOUNT 3 0 //Mounted !SET_AI_ATTACK TARGET 3 //Custom X Y !SET_AI_ATTACK POSITION 1 1 !COPY_AI_ATTACK 0 !SET_AI_ATTACK TYPE 1 //Once Off !SET_AI_ATTACK TOTAL_AMOUNT 40 !SET_AI_ATTACK COUNTER 0 !SET_AI_ATTACK TROUP_AMOUNT 0 40 //Melee !SET_AI_ATTACK TROUP_AMOUNT 1 0 //Anti-horse !SET_AI_ATTACK TROUP_AMOUNT 2 0 //Ranged !SET_AI_ATTACK TROUP_AMOUNT 3 0 //Mounted !SET_AI_ATTACK TARGET 3 //Custom X Y !SET_AI_ATTACK POSITION 1 1 !COPY_AI_ATTACK 0 !SET_AI_ATTACK TYPE 1 //Once Off !SET_AI_ATTACK TOTAL_AMOUNT 50 !SET_AI_ATTACK COUNTER 0 !SET_AI_ATTACK TROUP_AMOUNT 0 50 //Melee !SET_AI_ATTACK TROUP_AMOUNT 1 0 //Anti-horse !SET_AI_ATTACK TROUP_AMOUNT 2 0 //Ranged !SET_AI_ATTACK TROUP_AMOUNT 3 0 //Mounted !SET_AI_ATTACK TARGET 3 //Custom X Y !SET_AI_ATTACK POSITION 1 1 !COPY_AI_ATTACK 0
And the boss wave looking like this:
  Code:
!SET_AI_ATTACK TYPE 1 //Once Off !SET_AI_ATTACK TOTAL_AMOUNT 60 !SET_AI_ATTACK COUNTER 0 !SET_AI_ATTACK TROUP_AMOUNT 0 0 //Melee !SET_AI_ATTACK TROUP_AMOUNT 1 0 //Anti-horse !SET_AI_ATTACK TROUP_AMOUNT 2 0 //Ranged !SET_AI_ATTACK TROUP_AMOUNT 3 5 //Mounted !SET_AI_ATTACK TARGET 3 //Custom X Y !SET_AI_ATTACK POSITION 1 1 !COPY_AI_ATTACK 0
Sorry if this is a very stupid comment, I am just a beginner and like to jump into things even if I look retarded and no one will like me :mrgreen:
<<

Debaron

The Dukes of Burgundy Clan

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 18 Feb 2013, 06:17

I'm looking forward to the TD map, I think the feeling of having to build fast KAM style because you know a wave is coming in x minutes could be really exciting! So, players basically only have the option to make bowmen, xbowmen and towers to defend against the invaders? Any chance a few melee may be added as a bonus or something, for variety?

Return to “Map Design”