<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 07 Nov 2011, 22:24

The Dark Lord's multiplayer maps

Warfare in the Wilderness

Description:
Fight your way through these untamed and uninhabited lands where even courageous adventurers have not yet been.
Intended to be played two versus two or free for all.

Download:
http://www.2shared.com/file/bQPPa8O_/Warfare_in_the_Wilderness.html

Screenshot:

Enter the Heat

Description:
The rivers have dried up and the only water in the region is a small oasis. You need the water to save your city, but others lurk to take the oasis for themselves. Unfortunately there is not enough for everyone...

Download:
http://www.2shared.com/file/XY8RWs0R/Enter_the_Heat.html

Screenshot:

Paradise Island

Description:
Sandy beaches, icy wastelands, forests and waterfalls; This island has everything you seek. Defeat your foes to make it your own paradise on earth.
A multiplayer map suitable for three versus three or four versus four.

Download:
http://www.2shared.com/file/zDak3GEn/Paradise_Island.html

Screenshot:

Majestic Waters

Description:
Among all the mountains and lakes, an underground network of flooded caverns is present in this area. Inside these caverns, a royal family hid their valuable treasures a long time ago. Greedy generals then killed the royals and tried to take the treasures for themselves. But as the story goes, the royal family still haunts the Majestic Waters, looking down on them from the skies. And he who enters the caverns, never returns...

Download:
http://www.2shared.com/file/pRsCdhyW/Ma ... aters.html

Screenshot:

Tower Defence Unfinished

Description:
Defend your tower at all costs!
The contestants are situated on plateaus and cannot reach the ground below, nor can they attack each other. Only with ranged units and towers can they attempt to defend themselves! After each attack wave, additional resources are granted to every contestant. If your tower gets destroyed, you lose. The contestant whose tower remains last standing, wins.

Download:

Screenshot:Image

Barren Wasteland/Plains of Despair (map name uncertain) In progress, unfinished!

Description:
Most humans who cross these wastelands succumb due to the extremely low temperatures and icy winds. Make sure you will not become one of them.
Last edited by The Dark Lord on 24 Aug 2012, 23:23, edited 8 times in total.
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 07 Nov 2011, 22:40

Looks really nice! Simple but not too bland. I like the desert theme. Good job!
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 08 Nov 2011, 01:01

Well, Dark Lord, you are forever my superior in map making...but I'm going to keep trying, nonetheless :)
I must thank you; though, for if I didn't feel the urge to compete with you, I never would have had the desire to augment my map making skills.
:wink:
Keep them coming! I think I will use a map-sharing method similar to this, if you don't mind?
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 08 Nov 2011, 01:35

Nice work! I can't wait to play it :D
This will be included in the next release.

I noticed that you tried to make "Suggested teams" on a new line by adding lots of spaces. That's not a good way to do it, because we might resize the description box. Use the vertical bar character: | to make new lines. Same as in the LIB files :)
I've changed it for this one, but now you'll know for the future.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 08 Nov 2011, 10:25

Looks really nice! Simple but not too bland. I like the desert theme. Good job!
Thank you. :)
Well, Dark Lord, you are forever my superior in map making...but I'm going to keep trying, nonetheless :)
I must thank you; though, for if I didn't feel the urge to compete with you, I never would have had the desire to augment my map making skills.
:wink:
Don't say forever, you never know. And my maps aren't ideal either. You made some good progress as I already said, your maps look alot better than a while ago.
Keep them coming! I think I will use a map-sharing method similar to this, if you don't mind?
Yeah sure, I don't own any rights that restrict you from doing that. :P
I noticed that you tried to make "Suggested teams" on a new line by adding lots of spaces. That's not a good way to do it, because we might resize the description box. Use the vertical bar character: | to make new lines. Same as in the LIB files :)
I've changed it for this one, but now you'll know for the future.
Ah, I didn't know that. Thanks, I was indeed struggling to make text on new lines. :wink:
<<

pavlos

Militia

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 08 Nov 2011, 15:59

striking! Well done sir! i try tp play this map with my friends... HORAH!!!
Thanks anyway for give this map to everyone! :) (+1)
Do not judge to be judged not| Μακεδόνες Τιτάνες
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 08 Nov 2011, 16:06

No problem, making maps only for yourself is kinda useless. :lol:
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 24 Nov 2011, 14:01

I finally completed Warfare in the Wilderness. :)
I edited my first post, you can find it there. It's the 4 player version. I'll also make a version where you fight against AI players, and if you like also an 8 player version, but I'm not so sure if this map is suitable for 8 player matches. What do you think?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 25 Nov 2011, 03:46

Oh wow, Warfare in the Wilderness :D Best map I've seen in a long time. I can't wait to play on it!

An AI version would be great because people keep asking me about cooperative multiplayer. The engine supports it fine we just don't have any maps with an AI script. Keep in mind that the Remake AI is a bit different, they will train troops faster (they will train recruits/soldiers as fast as they can while they have the weapons) In KaM there is a delay between the creation of soldiers. But I think you should make it a challenge.

I think you might be able to do an 8 player version... but it's your call. There's enough space for two villages at each position as long as you work together. I think the 4 player version could just become two 1vs1 fights at the top and bottom, because helping out your ally will be tricky when they are so far away and you are under attack yourself.
Lewin.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 25 Nov 2011, 13:04

I'm glad you like it! I put quite some effort in it.

I think 4v4 could work out but 2v2v2v2 won't be as good. I'll think about it. (Please let me know when you are about to release the newest version of the Remake. An 8 player version is very easy to make so if I have to make a decision I could make it very quickly.)
I think the 4 player version could just become two 1vs1 fights at the top and bottom, because helping out your ally will be tricky when they are so far away and you are under attack yourself.
You could also consider it challenging in the way that you have to defend two positions (if your ally is too weak to defend himself). :P
But I agree, it might come down to that.
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 27 Nov 2011, 19:05

Looks fantastic as ever!
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 27 Nov 2011, 20:35

Hmm, this could be the best maps ever.
Still, it looks like you did all the elevation diagonal from top left to bottom right.
It also takes forever to get the download link to work.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 02 Dec 2011, 16:23

Just played an awesome match on Warefare in the Wilderness!
Teams: Lewin + ZOLTAN vs Kirelareus + andreus

We won. Results screenshot (note: Kirelareus' results are lower because we defeated him first)
I was very proud of my economy in this game, it was very effective (although I was running quite low on food)

Can I just say that the map is an absolute pleasure to play on. You don't realise how much detail there is until you play it. It feels like an original KaM map. I just wanted to thank you for all the work you put into this map.

Comments/issues:
- You start with very little stone! All of us came close to running out before we had build a stone mason, because we started building the road to our woodcutters. ZOLTAN and I only just had the two stone left to build the stonemason by the time we'd notice how low we were. That's okay if you know about it, but it will be a trap for new players. I think you could increase it a bit.
- There is a part of the map you can walk through that you are not supposed to. Here's a screenshot (green highlighted areas can be walked on) I checked the other 3 bits like this, they can't be walked through.

Village screenshots at the end:
Lewin
ZOLTAN
Kirelareus
andreus

It was a very nice match :)
Cheers,
Lewin.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 02 Dec 2011, 22:59

Looks fantastic as ever!
Thank you!
Hmm, this could be the best maps ever.
Still, it looks like you did all the elevation diagonal from top left to bottom right.
It also takes forever to get the download link to work.
Thanks to you too. :)
It might look like that because the shades are on the right side in KaM. But yes, I guess you're right too. I tend to elevate my mountains like that.
Just played an awesome match on Warefare in the Wilderness!
Teams: Lewin + ZOLTAN vs Kirelareus + andreus

We won. Results screenshot (note: Kirelareus' results are lower because we defeated him first)
I was very proud of my economy in this game, it was very effective (although I was running quite low on food)
Nice, it looks like an interesting match. :)
Can I just say that the map is an absolute pleasure to play on. You don't realise how much detail there is until you play it. It feels like an original KaM map. I just wanted to thank you for all the work you put into this map.
Thanks, I'll take that as a huge compliment!
- You start with very little stone! All of us came close to running out before we had build a stone mason, because we started building the road to our woodcutters. ZOLTAN and I only just had the two stone left to build the stonemason by the time we'd notice how low we were. That's okay if you know about it, but it will be a trap for new players. I think you could increase it a bit.
I'll fix this. Do you think 15 extra stone will be enough?
- There is a part of the map you can walk through that you are not supposed to. Here's a screenshot (green highlighted areas can be walked on) I checked the other 3 bits like this, they can't be walked through.
Drat! I thought I checked them all! :P I'll fix that too.

About your mail: I'll make an 8 player version. It shouldn't be much work.
(Grammatical question: surely I'm supposed to write 'an eight', but if you write 'eight' as a number like I did, do you write 'a 8' or 'an 8'?)

Oh and I don't think I'll finish the co-op mission before the next release. I'll write everything else in the topic about the AI!
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 03 Dec 2011, 02:33

I'll fix this. Do you think 15 extra stone will be enough?
Yeah 15 should be enough (that makes 50 in total) 35 sounds like a lot but it didn't look like I'd built much by the time it ran out.
Drat! I thought I checked them all! :P I'll fix that too.
Thanks.
About your mail: I'll make an 8 player version. It shouldn't be much work.
(Grammatical question: surely I'm supposed to write 'an eight', but if you write 'eight' as a number like I did, do you write 'a 8' or 'an 8'?)
Yeah I think there's enough space for two villages in each position (and it would give more motivation to expand into the center which would make the game very interesting) But the 4 player version is nice because we had so much space to ourselves.
Pretty sure it's still "an 8". We still pronounce 8 as "eight" so "a 8" would be pronounced "a eight" in my head when I read it which sounds awful :P
Oh and I don't think I'll finish the co-op mission before the next release. I'll write everything else in the topic about the AI!
I'm sorry to hear that. How much time would you need? Cooperative is our most requested feature so I'd really like to have a few good map for it (I'll try converting a few from the campaign or my site, but they won't turn out as well as something you specifically designed for it) I'm happy to wait a few days so we can have the coop version. But no pressure on you :)

Return to “Map Design”