Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

[Campaign] Never ending War

<<

Kukasfiu

Serf

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 11 Jun 2015, 16:43

[Campaign] Never ending War

Hello everyone, i'm TheKukasfiu and this is my campaign.

This campaign not so hard, but new players will get a little challenge! I hope you like it! :)

If you find mistake in the campaign, please tell me, and i will fix it! :)

Chapter one: Battle for Tehan! Download Link: https://mega.co.nz/#!vAtkmbrB!YUuU8fs70 ... 62ePKZbcAk

Some screenshot:

Edit:
Fixed bugs:
-Victory conditions on Mission 9 & 10 are working!
-You can now start mission from the campaign menu.
-Marketplace added to mission 10.
-The enemy working fine in mission 4.
-Enemy workers will repair buildings.

Chapter two: Coming soon!
Last edited by Kukasfiu on 16 Jun 2015, 14:11, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Brt

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 14 Jun 2015, 20:52

Re: [Campaign] Never ending War

Hi,
I started playing in your campaign, and I have some comments.

Mission 4
To change the number of troops in enemy fortress, 5000 is definitely too much.
After 20 minutes into the game, the opponent has a problem with food. After 40 minutes, they begin to form recruits in school and block figuring out anywhere. Probably by it during the game, I got an "Exception Range Error".

For the entire campaign:
Change the computer AI. For example: let the builder after the attack on the building, they begin to repair.

In general, I feel that an easy campaign.
You could also add some interesting story

Please, change the map name when you save. Regardless of the mission, each is the same. I propose to convert it into a short name, with the number of missions
<<

Kukasfiu

Serf

Post 14 Jun 2015, 23:39

Hi,
I started playing in your campaign, and I have some comments.

Mission 4
To change the number of troops in enemy fortress, 5000 is definitely too much.
After 20 minutes into the game, the opponent has a problem with food. After 40 minutes, they begin to form recruits in school and block figuring out anywhere. Probably by it during the game, I got an "Exception Range Error".
5000 recruit? Lol, i didn't see that! I fixed it, but "Exception Range Error"? I don't now what is this.
In general, I feel that an easy campaign.
You could also add some interesting story

Yes, the first chapter is easy. I will make 4 chapter. The story will be more interesting and the campaign will be harder, i promise. :)
Please, change the map name when you save. Regardless of the mission, each is the same. I propose to convert it into a short name, with the number of missions
what? (sorry, im not well in english.) What you mean? When you playing the mission then save have problem?
<<

Post 15 Jun 2015, 05:52

What you mean? When you playing the mission then save have problem?
When you save the game, the file name is too long - "~~~ String 1 out of range! ~~~"
The name is always the same, regardless of the mission you are doing.
You can change this (file name), on shorter, for example - "Tehan [mission number]"
<<

Kukasfiu

Serf

Post 15 Jun 2015, 09:07

Guys, i don't know, but the map name is BFT01, BFT02, etc. if its too long i don't know whats the problem. I can save the game, i never get errors or something.
<<

gold1

Blacksmith

Post 15 Jun 2015, 09:50

i just started playing the first mission but i already came acroos tiles on wich i can't build roads while there is nothing on it or near it. also it's not elevation. after checking it in mission editor it seems that it's just the type of tile used. The problem are the sand tiles in the bottum of the map.
Last edited by gold1 on 15 Jun 2015, 10:07, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 15 Jun 2015, 09:51

I think he means, that when saving game, the name of saving file is always the same, while it should be different for each mission. (Right now there is some long text in save game name). It's not about a file name, it's about something else (but personally I don't know what, since I'm not familiar with campaign creating stuff ;)).

Also, I get the error "string out of range", which is probably connected with not having english text files (I can see only hungarian). You should fix that.

After I changed main libx text tile from "hun" to "eng"

@gold1: That's right, you can't build on desert tiles. Maybe it was used on purpose, I can't see any harm in it, since that are just few tiles.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Post 15 Jun 2015, 11:55

also i don't see any text("~~~ String 1 out of range! ~~~") or get any message's ingame.
i did nothing strange.

Is this normal or do i have a bug?
<<

Post 15 Jun 2015, 11:55

also i don't see any text("~~~ String 1 out of range! ~~~") or get any message's ingame.
i did nothing strange.

Is this normal or do i have a bug?
<<

gold1

Blacksmith

Post 15 Jun 2015, 12:00

oke that was wierd. first it logged out for some reason and now i double posted somehow. first time i wanted to post is said that i did the thingy to prove i'm a human wrong. so i retreid and now it posted double.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 15 Jun 2015, 17:29

the string out of range texts is most likely something wrong in the LIBX file, what i did to make it work was taking an existing LIBX file from another campaign (TSK/TPR, does not matter), look how they work and pasted my text in the same format.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Post 16 Jun 2015, 10:01

well i palyed trought mission 1-2-3 and it was indeed easy to win. But in mission 4 the game gives an error and must shutdown.
if i'm the only one wiht this problem is must be an error on my pc and not in the campaign.
<<

Kukasfiu

Serf

Post 16 Jun 2015, 14:19

the string out of range texts is most likely something wrong in the LIBX file, what i did to make it work was taking an existing LIBX file from another campaign (TSK/TPR, does not matter), look how they work and pasted my text in the same format.
Yes, i copy pasted another campaign libx file, because i don't know how to create these messages on the campaign map. I'm not a big campaign/mission scripter or whatever.. :/
<<

Brt

Peasant

Post 18 Jun 2015, 07:48

A few more comments:

Mission 6:
Easy, You can kill enemy group one by one. Maybe, change this, for example. If You attack one group, the second will start fighting too.

Mission 7:
A pleasant surprise. This is difficult mission. I started it a few times, before I could defend the first attack. I found a trick how to kill a group against the walls. It was easy.
Good mission :-)

Return to “Map Design”