Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

My new multiplayer mission

<<

kocsis1david

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 20 Nov 2011, 11:39

My new multiplayer mission

There was only one 8 player mission, so I diceded to make my one. I hope you'll like it.
Download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28475953/KaM/Road%20of%20the%20Valley.7z

[img=http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/8836/roadofthevalley.png][/img]

I don't know how to set the screen centers, and I didn't test it. If you found something just write, I'll correct it.
<<

Siegfried

Knight

Post 20 Nov 2011, 12:25

The screenshot looks very nice, I like it.

I think this could give very interesting games if you play north vs west vs south vs east, because then each player has to fight with an opponent for iron access.

But southeast vs southwest vs ... would also be interesting, because you have to fight for space.

There is a good idea behind this map. Hopefully I can test this some time.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 20 Nov 2011, 13:18

It's a very interesting map, but I think the player who builds a tower at the entrance to the iron first has a too large advantage... :/
<<

Attyla

Laborer

Post 20 Nov 2011, 15:05

Looks wonderfully. There is something to fight for outside your village and I think it will make game much more interesting and offensive.
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 20 Nov 2011, 18:29

Looks fantastic!!
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 20 Nov 2011, 19:29

1. I am breathless. Too bad I have a lot of school work...
2. @The Dark Lord: Towers are overrated. Their accuracy isn't that good and if they hit a unit, that unit doesn't always die.
3. I can't find the school of player 7.
4. There are no objects.
5. There are at least 3 8 player maps. Although mine isn't that good.

(Before you guys start saying that mine didn't have objects either, mine wasn't finished: I made the current one for testing and edited it now and it will be in the next release.)
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 20 Nov 2011, 20:18

There are more than 2 8 players maps :p
This one is good btw, nice job, I like the locations
<<

kocsis1david

Crossbowman

Post 20 Nov 2011, 20:19

It's a very interesting map, but I think the player who builds a tower at the entrance to the iron first has a too large advantage... :/
I don't think it's so easy to get to this spot. You have some building so you can train soldiers earlier and attack serfs or the city. The ally could also help, and may capture the other iron ore. But this can't be a big problem at 4v4 I think. I would willingly play one to see what happens. I hope there won't be such a big problem. I worked a lot on this mission.
1. I am breathless. Too bad I have a lot of school work...
2. Towers are overrated. Their accuracy isn't that good and if they hit a unit, that unit doesn't always die.
3. I can't find the school of player 7.
4. There are no objects.
5. There are 2 8 player maps. Although mine isn't that good.
1: It's a pity that we don't have enough time for these.
2: Why would it be a problem?
3: I corrected it. Thanks. There was another bug at player 7 that I didn't noticed.
5: When I started working on that I had knew only one. Your one is also not bad, but there are actually 3 8 player maps.

I couldn't say that my mission is finished, it may contain other bugs, I said I didn't tested it.
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 20 Nov 2011, 21:16

There are more than 2 8 players maps :p
This one is good btw, nice job, I like the locations
Ok your map too, sorry

@kocsis1david
sorry, point 2 was @The Dark Lord.
I'll edit my post
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 20 Nov 2011, 22:28

Wow I love the look of that map :) Can I include it in the next version?

Suggestions:
- You should put the "block" objects from Krom's editor along the grass cliffs. Otherwise there could be places where units can walk down them. The rough looking grass can still be walked on unless you block it or make it too steep. (in the original KaM maps it has block objects all over it) I notice you did this on a few but not all of the grass cliffs.
- You should put more map objects other than trees. Mushrooms, sticks, rocks, bushes, dead trees, etc. Open up one of the original KaM maps and notice the number of objects there.
- The top players will be at a disadvantage (and the side players to a lesser extent) because stone can only be mined from below. But I don't know how you could fix this.
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 21 Nov 2011, 06:44

- The top players will be at a disadvantage (and the side players to a lesser extent) because stone can only be mined from below. But I don't know how you could fix this.
Just add another stone mason to those who have a disadvantage.
<<

kocsis1david

Crossbowman

Post 21 Nov 2011, 16:48

Wow I love the look of that map Can I include it in the next version?
Thank you. Of course you can.

I viewed in the KaM Remake's editor and It shows that this was the only walkable area. I could add block to the others too to make it sure.
Putting object is tiring work, because I have to put hundreds of them. It would be better if it could put more objects at the same time randomly.
Just add another stone mason to those who have a disadvantage.
I wanted to do that too. I think tomorrow I'll update.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 21 Nov 2011, 19:52

I viewed in the KaM Remake's editor and It shows that this was the only walkable area. I could add block to the others too to make it sure.
Putting object is tiring work, because I have to put hundreds of them. It would be better if it could put more objects at the same time randomly.
That's fine if you've checked it, I forgot that was so easy these days. The only problem you could have is if we change the algorithm that decides whether a tile is walkable based on height. But the current one seems to be an almost perfect match with KaM so we don't plan to change it.
Yes we are planning artistic object brushes that will place objects randomly for you from programmed rules (e.g. pine trees only grow on brown dirt) It probably won't be implemented for a while but I saw it on the todo list somewhere.
<<

kocsis1david

Crossbowman

Post 26 Nov 2011, 10:35

Sorry for not updating earlier. I've put some new hills. It wasn't easy because the texture transitions didn't worked, so I had to put most of them manually. More object placing is still need to done.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 26 Nov 2011, 12:40

The texture (terrain) transitions will stop working as soon as you save the map with an editor OTHER than Krom's. His editor adds some additional data to the file to describe the transitions, but if you edit it with the Remake or another map editor you'll lose that.
So in future only edit the map with Krom's editor until we have transitions in the KaM Remake editor.

Return to “Map Design”