Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

New Multiplayer Map

<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 17 Dec 2011, 15:31

Re: New Multiplayer Map

Sorry for writing such a long list, but I hope some of it helps. I really like the map, these are just the things I noticed while looking at it.
Nope, all coments are welcome!! thanks a lot for the feedback! Just this moment I'm a bit busy, but later today i will work a bit on it and put your suggestions into action! i pretty much agree with all of them!
Have you considered making an 8 player version of this map as well? (players grouped together in twos, similar to Warfare in the Wilderness 8P or The Northern Province) I think it would work well. There is certainly enough space.
No, I hadn't thought about that. I might do an 8 player version after I have finished this then!
P.S. I'll put this map in the new version if it's ready in time. We're planning to release next week (if all goes well)
Yeah, I hope it is ready by then!!
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 21 Dec 2011, 17:28

Because of the ice, the top left position is very open and vulnerable. His village can be attacked from all sides and defending all his entrances will be almost impossible because they are so far away. I think you should put more water in the ice, and make it so there are only a few entrances where players can cross it to his village. You could sort of have a moat of water around his village so that players can walk around behind his village, but only attack at certain points where the ice connects.
I'd forgotten that you could walk on ice.
I've tried your 'moat' idea, but it didn't work so well.

I have 2 options, i would like to know which sounds best:
- Elevate the snow around the ice and use blocks to not allow people to walk on the ice.
- put water inside the ice and use the water as a moat.

OPTION A:

OPTION B:
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 21 Dec 2011, 23:47

I prefer option B as players will expect to be able to walk on ice. But either would be fine and it's your choice :)
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 22 Dec 2011, 13:44

I prefer option B as players will expect to be able to walk on ice. But either would be fine and it's your choice :)
OK!
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 24 Dec 2011, 19:23

how does it feel now??

I think its pretty much good.
--------------------------------------
http://www.4shared.com/file/VeMupdMK/Stranded.html

1(BOTTOM-LEFT)
2(BOTTOM RIGHT)
3(TOP-LEFT)
4(TOP-RIGHT)
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 24 Dec 2011, 22:03

Nice work, I like it :)
My only suggestion is to place more objects like sticks, rocks, mushrooms, flowers etc. (trees are good, but there aren't enough other things)
If you can post the complete package (.dat and .txt file too) then I can include it in the next release, probably today or tomorrow. If you need help making the .dat file just let me know, I'm happy to "fix" anything you need help with after you send it to me.
<<

andreus

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 25 Dec 2011, 11:07

Nice map :)
I agree with Lewin, add more objects on the map. And the whole map must be more elevated ;)
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 25 Dec 2011, 17:29

Nice map :)
I agree with Lewin, add more objects on the map. And the whole map must be more elevated ;)
how much elevation?? and objects??
is it fine now??
http://www.4shared.com/file/zDONlpzJ/Stranded.html
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 25 Dec 2011, 17:48

Nice work, I like it :)
My only suggestion is to place more objects like sticks, rocks, mushrooms, flowers etc. (trees are good, but there aren't enough other things)
If you can post the complete package (.dat and .txt file too) then I can include it in the next release, probably today or tomorrow. If you need help making the .dat file just let me know, I'm happy to "fix" anything you need help with after you send it to me.
About the dat, i have only to place storehouses (in my map players will begin with only the storehouse), wares and serfs/laborers, yes?

I've got a question. in the Mission Editor, there's a "Multiplayer Section" in "Placement", with options (none, troops, troops & buildings)... what does it mean???
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 26 Dec 2011, 01:52

I've got a question. in the Mission Editor, there's a "Multiplayer Section" in "Placement", with options (none, troops, troops & buildings)... what does it mean???
I wrote my mission editor for KaM TSK/TPR, and in those you have 3 options for the amount you start with: None, Troops, Troops and Buildings. However, in the KaM Remake we haven't added this option so it uses the things defined in all sections. Open up one of the original KaM missions (e.g. data\mission\mmission1.dat) and take a look at which items are defined in each section.
The mission you sent me is good, you put everything in the "none" section which works fine. The only problem is that you didn't add any animals. You need to add plenty of fish to the water otherwise the fisherman won't be able to catch anything, and I think a few wolfs/crabs would look good too. I can add these myself because I'm guessing you're asleep by now and I think the new version will be released today. (I keep finding I don't have time because of Christmas and family) I'd also like an 8 player version, so I'll make one of those by adding an extra player to each section. (I really hope you don't mind me modifying your mission, I'd just want it to be included because I think it will be fun)
Of course, if you're still awake then you can do these things yourself and send me the scripts if that's what you'd prefer :)

As for writing the description/suggested teams of the mission, you need to make a Stranded.txt file. Take a look at one of the other missions in your MapsMP folder (e.g. Across the Desert.txt) to see how the format works. But I will write down your description and suggested teams from the screenshot you posted recently.
Thanks a lot for your contribution! :)
Lewin.
P.S. I think you could still add a lot more objects to the map, but it's not a big deal ;)
<<

caykroyd(kindle)

Post 26 Dec 2011, 04:22

I wrote my mission editor for KaM TSK/TPR, and in those you have 3 options for the amount you start with: None, Troops, Troops and Buildings. However, in the KaM Remake we haven't added this option so it uses the things defined in all sections. Open up one of the original KaM missions (e.g. data\mission\mmission1.dat) and take a look at which items are defined in each section.
The mission you sent me is good, you put everything in the "none" section which works fine. The only problem is that you didn't add any animals. You need to add plenty of fish to the water otherwise the fisherman won't be able to catch anything, and I think a few wolfs/crabs would look good too. I can add these myself because I'm guessing you're asleep by now and I think the new version will be released today. (I keep finding I don't have time because of Christmas and family) I'd also like an 8 player version, so I'll make one of those by adding an extra player to each section. (I really hope you don't mind me modifying your mission, I'd just want it to be included because I think it will be fun)
Of course, if you're still awake then you can do these things yourself and send me the scripts if that's what you'd prefer :)

As for writing the description/suggested teams of the mission, you need to make a Stranded.txt file. Take a look at one of the other missions in your MapsMP folder (e.g. Across the Desert.txt) to see how the format works. But I will write down your description and suggested teams from the screenshot you posted recently.
Thanks a lot for your contribution! :)
Lewin.
P.S. I think you could still add a lot more objects to the map, but it's not a big deal ;)

im very srry for having you do my job. if id known earlier id have done these things. im about to sleep now....(short message)
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 26 Dec 2011, 06:21

im very srry for having you do my job. if id known earlier id have done these things. im about to sleep now....(short message)
Not a problem at all! Thank you for giving me permission to finish off your mission and include it. I am quite happy to do little things like this :)
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 26 Dec 2011, 11:26

This is pretty good for a first map, caykroyd. :)
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 26 Dec 2011, 11:31

This map has been included in the update that was just released :)
I added animals and made an 8 player version, otherwise it is unmodified.
Great work! I hope you will make more maps.
Lewin.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 26 Dec 2011, 11:49

So do I. You have some potential to become a very good map maker. :)

Return to “Map Design”