New Multiplayer Map

<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 26 Dec 2011, 13:42

Re: New Multiplayer Map

I have bad news. A guy just reported on the chat channel that there is no gold in the storehouses of this mission. This is indeed the case. I have added 50 to all players, but of course we've already released the update so it's a bit late and this map won't be playable in this release :(
The guy who reported it said he liked the map, so I hope it is enjoyed in our next release. (but that might not be for a month or two)
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 26 Dec 2011, 14:12

:(
isn't it possible to change the update?? did many people download it already?? yeah, i think its futile, ill just have to wait another month or two for people to play.
I should have tested the map, to be sure things like that wouldn't happen... but i suppose i didnt have much time :/
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 26 Dec 2011, 15:10

shouldn't the kam remake have an auto updater that checked for and downloaded updates when you open the game? (like most online games do)
or is that too hard to make??

if we had one of those, things like these wouldn't be a problem and it would be much more convenient; eg. you wouldn't need to wait to make an update to download everything at once...
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 26 Dec 2011, 20:49

I think that's quite hard to make. I'm not sure, I don't know much about it. But why would they even bother? It's not that hard to make us download a new release. Sure, it's a pity that we can't play your map. But there are many other maps. Your map is just one among all others and although it's a shame about the gold, we will survive the waiting time. ;)
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 27 Dec 2011, 00:32

Well to play online everyone must have the same version of the game, so even if we had an auto updater we'd still have to create a new release and force everyone to update. (even if it was automatic) But downloading the updater from our website isn't hard, and I don't like games which connect to the internet every time you just start them up. We could have a "check for updates" button on the menu which downloaded it automatically, but it would be a fair bit of work and it's really not hard to go to http://www.kamremake.com and download it. We alert people of the update by showing a "please update" message in the announcements.
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 30 Dec 2011, 16:58

Good news guys.

Not only will "Stranded" be playable in the next release, I will probably have another curious 2 maps available for multiplayer!
I'll leave these as surprises for now, giving you only a taste of each. :P

Frozen Canyons 99% ready: A fast Multiplayer match 1v1 by caykroyd. High starting resourses. Low map resourses. Open base.

Between Rivers 10% ready: 1v2v2 Multiplayer match by caykroyd. Teams are divided by rivers. Player one is Handicapped.
( It had been done up to 40% but i lost the file :( )
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 16 Jan 2012, 15:53

Hi guys. My map Between Rivers is ready, however i will need people to help me test it. Its a 5 player map.
Note: I'm online now.

LINK:
http://www.filedropper.com/caykroydmap3
or
http://www.multiupload.com/TOP3CNP18W

I created an install program to help people that don't know the folders to put it, etc

DESCRIPTION: A big five player map. Two teams of two players fight against each other whilst the fifth player raises his empire. Teams: (1 VS 2+3 VS 4+5) or (2+3 VS 4+5) or (3 VS 5). The two teams have large open lands to build, with limited iron, while the lonely player has a closed but smaller ground to build - Expansion is inevitable.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 16 Jan 2012, 15:57

Could you please upload them in a .zip or .rar as well? I'm not too keen on installers.
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 16 Jan 2012, 16:12

yeah, same here, only with me it is giving virus beeps.
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 16 Jan 2012, 19:06

<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 16 Jan 2012, 19:44

please use a different uploader, I got it though, but you HAVE to wait the full 20sec to get it, wasted time.(I really hate wasting time.)
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 16 Jan 2012, 19:52

Just saw it.
Not really exited.
You used only standard terrain.
Flat, almost everywhere.
Middle bridge is too big.
Water is over elevated.
If it is your first, no problem, you'll get the hang of it. My first map was The Kings Favorite, took me about 60hours, because I didn't knew about Krom's editor. :D
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 16 Jan 2012, 20:11

Just saw it.
Not really exited.
Thanks for lifting my spirits! :(
You used only standard terrain.
By 'standard terrain', you mean...?
I used bumpy sand, that strange type of grass, walls, bridges, and a swampy water (don't know what i should call it :P) in addition to the "normal" types.
Flat, almost everywhere.
Thanks! By almost everywhere i think you mean the Right Side of the river! This passed unnoticed, by me, and even lewin :D
Middle bridge is too big.
Is it? I didn't know a bridge had a max width.. :/
I just wanted a very big entrance, that would be hard to defend...
I don't see that as a problem...
Water is over elevated.
I just wanted to give the river a "furious" look. I wanted it to look fast, and dangerous... maybe i over exaggerated a bit?
though i will need more opinions to convince me to change it :mrgreen:
If it is your first, no problem, you'll get the hang of it. My first map was The Kings Favorite, took me about 60hours, because I didn't knew about Krom's editor. :D
No, it is my third :/
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 16 Jan 2012, 20:22

Done... in less than 5 minutes (:
I've made relief, if that makes u happy
http://www.filedropper.com/betweenrivers_1
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 16 Jan 2012, 20:33

By 'standard terrain', you mean...?
I used bumpy sand, that strange type of grass, walls, bridges, and a swampy water (don't know what i should call it :P) in addition to the "normal" types.
I mean you didn't use the dirt/grass mixture, and your swamp seemed too random. O, and IMO bumpy sand should be used on elevated sand spots or along the coast.
IMO, you should vary your terrain more.
Thanks! By almost everywhere i think you mean the Right Side of the river! This passed unnoticed, by me, and even lewin :D
I see, I wasn't really clear here. Almost everywhere almost flat. It is IMO too flat.
Is it? I didn't know a bridge had a max width.. :/
I just wanted a very big entrance, that would be hard to defend...
I don't see that as a problem...
Don't worry about defending the bridge, it is too far away from the starting positions to be a real "choke point".
It also needs more rocks and stuff on it.
I just wanted to give the river a "furious" look. I wanted it to look fast, and dangerous... maybe i over exaggerated a bit?
though i will need more opinions to convince me to change it
It is KaM, nothing is fast.
No, it is my third :/
What are the other two?

Return to “Map Design”