Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

The Maps Of Kridge

<<

Kridge

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 31 Jan 2012, 10:42

The Maps Of Kridge

No, Kridge is not only able to create some photoshop units. Kridge is very smart. Kridge created a map. (:D)
Canyon Combat.zip
Multiplayer, 2 v 2 (left v right).
Fighting Mission
Script None, because I have no idea how to script anything. Maybe somebody could help me with this.
And I was inspired by the name of The Dark Lord, to create a singeplayer map. Or co-op.
But I'd like your opinion on Canyon Combat first.

Thanks,

Kridge.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 31 Jan 2012, 11:53

Re: The Maps Of Kridge

No, Kridge is not only able to create some photoshop units. Kridge is very smart. Kridge created a map. (:D)
LOL, it seems to me that kridge isn't very modest, isn't he?
Not bad, kridge. I think kridge needs to replace a few grass tiles here and there, don't you think so, kridge?
That's a good boy.

<<

Kridge

Crossbowman

Post 31 Jan 2012, 14:02

Yes, thats correct. I was looking who was paying attention :D
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 31 Jan 2012, 14:53

Yes, thats correct. I was looking who was paying attention :D
Oh, im sure you were! of course, you did it on purpose!!
haha xD
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 31 Jan 2012, 18:44

And I was inspired by the name of The Dark Lord, to create a singeplayer map. Or co-op.
Hm, Kridge makes me curious.
Also, Kridge doesn't really need to make a script. I think if Kridge edits it in the remake and saves it, a script will be created automatically? It would be useful for Kridge to make a back-up of his map though, because if Kridge saves his map in the remake, tile transitions won't work properly anymore.
<<

Kridge

Crossbowman

Post 31 Jan 2012, 19:24

Kridge is honoured that TDL replies, since this is his first map. But kridge doesn't understand when you say that thing with a backup. Kridge has the map in a different location then only in the remake maps, is that what you meant?

And the map that is named after you, tdl, is on the agenda, but kridge doesnt have much time this period. So you might remain curious a long time.
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 31 Jan 2012, 20:06

Kridge has the map in a different location then only in the remake maps, is that what you meant?
Yes, i think thats what he meant.
by the way... why don't you make a map with my name too? :D hahaha
<<

Kridge

Crossbowman

Post 31 Jan 2012, 20:20

That'd be hard, because I don't know what it means. The dark lord is a common enemy in stories :D
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 31 Jan 2012, 21:36

That'd be hard, because I don't know what it means. The dark lord is a common enemy in stories :D
"C" is for Christopher and "aykroyd" is my surname. This nick is also pretty common, specially in fairy tales!! :wink:
hahaha joke :lol:
<<

Kridge

Crossbowman

Post 01 Feb 2012, 08:33

Haha, no there's no inspiration yet :D
<<

Kridge

Crossbowman

Post 11 Feb 2012, 14:10

I'm now working on the terrain of Canyon Combat, after that I will try to create the map of my Co-op mission The Dark Lord. I need someone to script it though.

Canyon Combat:
-Finishing touches

The Dark Lord:
- Concept: You and your buddy have to attack the mighty dark lord, who is a powerful, but cruel lord, who dominates the northeast of the kingdom. You have arrived at the gates of his base and need to build your bases as fast as possible, so that you can stop the dark lord. Beware that the dark lord is very very powerful and is able to attack you and your buddy at any given moment, with the strongest units. The dark lord's town is already finished, very big and well defended. The Dark Lord's color is black (duh :P).
- Map: All the natural recources, Water with fish, Walls(!*1), Bridge(!*2) grass, sand, mud, swamp, forest.
- Script The dark lord attacks the two players now and then, and attacks them with a very big army after one and a half hour. Keeps training units, for defence and for attacks: the longer you wait, the more troops you have to beat.

(!*1): Is there someone who can help me with the walls, because I can't get them right.
(!*2): ^bridge^ (change walls into bridge)

And when someone wants to script it, feel free to reply :P
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 11 Feb 2012, 15:28

(!*1): Is there someone who can help me with the walls, because I can't get them right.
You have already looked at other maps with walls, I suppose, and studied how they are built??
I had to study them when i made "Between Rivers". Its basically the same way as bridges.
XXXXXX
======
XXXXXX
The "X" is the "walls" proper, and the "=" is where the units will move. Check out kam maps to see other details.

Notes:
** When the walls converge 90º you should put a stony tile in the inner corner (don't know how It is called, but its a different tile from the walls)
*** The top "X" should not be visible, because "=" will have relief and the top "X" will be behind it.
**** Note that the "rails" (border between the paved road on top of the wall and the "wall proper") from the top and bottom are slightly different tiles. (Not the same one rotated 180º)

I hope this helped. If you really do need help, I could do them for you, i suppose.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 11 Feb 2012, 16:21

the mighty dark lord,who is
powerful
who dominates
the dark lord is very very powerful
The dark lord's town is very big and well defended.
The Dark Lord's color is black
Yes that definately sounds like me, I can see where you got the inspiration from. :mrgreen:
*brag brag* :P
<<

Kridge

Crossbowman

Post 11 Feb 2012, 17:27

Haha, yes it was something like that :p

Return to “Map Design”