PAKER TEAM Maps [MULTI]

<<

Remake 2012

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 13 Sep 2014, 09:51

Re: PAKER TEAM Maps [MULTI]

Hey Paker!

Quality of Cube is Ok. But there isn't two similar locations just because position of the store houses.
Loc7 and loc3 have similar starting point. But Loc7 can overbuild his territory into the centre is easier. Okay not jus loc7 can do.I dont know but if building into centre can make Imba stuffs.Bloccking half of the map etc...:S
This map vision has finally fino quality.:) Okay simply and not overcomplicated.
About the gameplay, should to test it. How is the starting trees? Will be enough?
Hi Thunder

Good questions.
I fix locations: 2,3,6,7 - into the center.
I added some extra trees on the locations.
about gameplay.... I have now time : )

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 13 Sep 2014, 10:31

Amazing improvements Paker! Keep it up! CUBE CUBE CUBE!
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 13 Sep 2014, 10:34

I fix locations: 2,3,6,7 - into the center.
I added some extra trees on the locations.
<<

Kamykos

Pikeman

Post 13 Sep 2014, 12:33

Okay, forget about machines. We want Cube in next release! Release the Cube!
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 13 Sep 2014, 13:11

why are there 12 locations when you can only have 8 players?
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Remake 2012

Knight

Post 13 Sep 2014, 13:28

With this possibility you have to choose from more locations players, you have many opportunities to team settings. As I showed it to the screens.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 13 Sep 2014, 13:29

I guess this way you have more combinations to play :D Like all 4 top locations vs 4 bottom locs or one on every edge and .... :P
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 13 Sep 2014, 13:38

Because soon we'll have 6vs6 Disco. Paker says so
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 13 Sep 2014, 13:53

I played it today against the AI, result wasn't impressive, you need to set all locs for AI with the same settings (e.g. loc 12 is not set).
Cube AI vs Tiank.7z
Also, maybe set army type for mixed, not iron first then leather.

It is a good idea to disable towers for corner locs, but others would probably be hard to defend because of that, as they are really open. Also, it's not possible to expand to the middle without proper tower defense (AI tried that though ;)).

There's too little coal near iron. You can easily add 100 or even more, so it doesn't run out so early... And it seems to me, that there's too much coal near gold mountains. Also, there is different amount of it on locs (some have 484, some have 510).

Check stone mountains for bugs, like 201:214 or 206:28 (!).

What's with that trees' group at 28:196? Why? It doesn't look good.

I had fun building on this map (on 2x speed) :). Even though the space is limited, it seems to be enough for decent economy.

Note to Lewin: As you can see on the replay, one of the AI's (at loc 3) was chasing me with swordmen around the whole map. It happened to me on Across the Desert as well. Is it possible to fix within the editor?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 13 Sep 2014, 14:24

I recommend setting the AIs with the "aggressive builder" button on the second last tab in the map editor. That configuration usually produces the biggest armies. IMO you should only try to tweak it after setting that.
Note to Lewin: As you can see on the replay, one of the AI's (at loc 3) was chasing me with swordmen around the whole map. It happened to me on Across the Desert as well. Is it possible to fix within the editor?
I'm not sure what you mean. What's bad about the AI chasing you? I guess it's because you provoked them or they attacked you?
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 13 Sep 2014, 14:27

I provoked AI by walking near them. Then that one troop chased me until it caught me. So, is it possible to make them not chase me around the map, but come back at their previous position after they chase me for some time/some distance?
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 13 Sep 2014, 14:34

Hmm I watched the replay also and I don´t understand a few things:

1. Why most AI players don´t make ALL troops? Some players could make like 20 more soldiers but they made one soldiers per min for example (In MP after Peacetime the AI should make all avaible soldier once, or is that a bad idea ? )
2.) The AI player on east from Tiank´s town had stones and wood in his storehosue. Is there a reason why he stopped building?

And one question to the map itselves:

Paker, why so many crabs? :mrgreen: People with a weaker PC will get a huge Framedrop while playing your map (joke) :P
<<

Remake 2012

Knight

Post 13 Sep 2014, 15:05

And one question to the map itselves:
Paker, why so many crabs? :mrgreen: People with a weaker PC will get a huge Framedrop while playing your map (joke) :P

moving obstacle. (nie wiem czy to dobrze zabrzmi po angielsku... chodzi o ruchomą przeszkodę terenową, dzięki temu nie przejdzie się formacją wojsk gładko przez mapę z punktu a do punktu b)
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 13 Sep 2014, 15:32

(nie wiem czy to dobrze zabrzmi po angielsku... chodzi o ruchomą przeszkodę terenową, dzięki temu nie przejdzie się formacją wojsk gładko przez mapę z punktu a do punktu b)
Just to translate it for the English Forum:

"He added that many crabs, so troops won´t stay in their original formation if you just send them far away from Point A to Point B. The crabs will disturb the original formation, because the crabs are blocking the troops."

Interesting idea though :P Never seen something like that before, in my opinion it´s cooler to have many stone/tree objects, so if you storm or move with your troops, these objects will break the formation anyway, but still a interesting idea :D
<<

Remake 2012

Knight

Post 13 Sep 2014, 15:37

11 AI on CUBE:

Fix mountains (Tiank)

Return to “Map Design”