thunder's map

<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 01 Jul 2012, 15:08

Re: thunder's map

Hi again!

I tested all resources of map Alice. i made a little stats from iron, gold and stone. Every loc is ok. I tried to use same kind of strategy first wast the gold second was the iron mines and farm and i used every buildings double. Every loc can make gold less than 20min or little faster(i know this is an average). Some locs have a further ironmines. Maybe iron loc 5 has the furthest, before loc4 and 8...
I didnt have problem with stone, and gold. I tried to build lot of buildings, and mine out the all resources(iron was the basic)(all test villages had more than 120 buildings, i beilive its more than enough---record stats what i ve seen was on the powah tour little more than 110buildings/player....).
Every locs are opened but i 've seen more opened locs on another maps already so the proposed peacetime is 65min.

i made some pics from all villages.
Download pics:
http://www.mediafire.com/?x00k7av4505uu0d

lw.:i wrote a list what should i have to do on the map, but is not too long and those things arent problem(some little tiles to the randomize).
And maybe some ducks need to the map. i will upgrade them if the fishermans can hunt them ;D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 12 Jul 2012, 07:40

and tested in "make fighting units" mode Alice loc 2 (top vs bottom)...maybe, possible Elite, PRO, PRO+ could do it better...i couldnt more at first...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 22 Jul 2012, 19:55

Hi again!

I made again a map. I tested it and it LOOKS like an "easy" and fair map...
"easy":Maybe not enough place and the coals are little far from iron and gold.

Downloadlink:
http://www.mediafire.com/?kdo4qhuvusfkt3g

have fun game!

t

lw.: and one illusion is there :wink:
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 23 Jul 2012, 17:49

I'm glad my The Valley of Dangers map inspired you to do your multiland map, the screen looks really promising, I think it's a great map, I didn't dl it yet, so I can't see how it looks closer, but keep up the good work, seems like a good-looking equel map !
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 05 Aug 2012, 21:32

Thanks Shadaoe, i hope if you dl then you will like it!
I havent had time yet to test all locs of Multiland2, but tested locs was playable:)

other. A pigeon caught two photos:

http://indafoto.hu/kisstamas6866/image/ ... 5-774f9600
Alice with all tested locs...

http://indafoto.hu/kisstamas6866/image/ ... e08f4/user
Widescreen map what i forgot to post it...
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 12 Aug 2012, 20:57

Hi Thunder, please allow me to write some unfriendly things about your maps!

At the moment I think your maps aren't good enough to be added to the Remake. Don't get me wrong, they aren't that bad, some things just need to be improved.
- My main complaint would be about your object placement. You use only a couple of different trees and place them everywhere on the map. You do the same with mushrooms, bushes and other objects... Try to use more different objects, especially when they are so close to each other.
- On Alice, nearly all of your mountains have only one type of tile. Please randomize it some more (not total randomization, just some more different tiles). This also applies to some mountains on MultiLand2, especially stone mountains and mountains with iron.
- On Deadrivers, your water has ugly shadows (it is elevated too much).
- Some terrain is a little too flat.

Don't get me wrong, I do think your maps have potential and I hope you are willing to solve the things I mentioned. I really appreciate all the work you put into the maps, especially testing them so thoroughly.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 13 Aug 2012, 22:51

Thank you Lord the advices!
I know you are the sharpest eye mapmapker;), so im happy to saw these maps, and give some good tipps.
I feel im going ahead step by step on the road of the mapmakers. :)

Now i beilive my mainly map line is Alice and Multiland so i will see again them mountains brushes and objects.
And i want to finished them perfectly because im thinking these maps have a good locs.(not Baorder's type:D,or hard)
(and I also missed some little modification mainly on Alice)
i wont start new map until finished them. (but i have more idea:) )

tx again!
have a good day!

t
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 13 Aug 2012, 23:01

i wont start new map until finished them. (but i have more idea:) )
Glad to hear it :) 1-2 good maps is better than 10 average maps, Golden Cliffs has shown that.
I hope you finish your maps so they can be added to the KaM Remake one day.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 16 Aug 2012, 21:29

Evening!:)

Alice:
-tiles of the mountains are changed little (mountains of stone use only 2kind of, because is needly for the long games...)
-gave more objects everywhere on the map.
-and more elevated, what i missed too...
-tested.

Maybe it is little better, but never be perfect.

i dont have a lot time nowadays:( i hope to have time on the weekends and i can make better the Multi2(counted out again the resourceses and....).

DL:
http://www.mediafire.com/?dubr66irr69ax58

t
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 17 Aug 2012, 01:33

I saw this map and looks very nice indeed...
I wonder which would be more played between "Alice" and "Paradise Island".
and tested in "make fighting units" mode Alice loc 2 (top vs bottom)...maybe, possible Elite, PRO, PRO+ could do it better...i couldnt more at first...
Yes... completely different results if players are Elite, PRO or PRO+. :)
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 17 Aug 2012, 02:42

Alice looks heaps better now, great work :) It will be included in the next release. But I noticed in the latest version of the Remake lots of areas cannot be built on because they are too steep, which will annoy players:
(green areas can be built)
We changed the algorithm that decides which tiles can be built on to make it match original KaM TPR.

Please send me your email address by private message or to contact@kamremake.com and I'll send the release candidate to you (hopefully later today), so you can test it for yourself and fix the elevation so places around the player's area can be built (you just need to make the slopes more gradual, and the Remake editor will show you in real-time like my screenshot while you work on the elevation, just drag the slider on the left to canBuild) The Remake editor does not corrupt the tile data from Krom's editor in this upcoming release, so you can safely edit and save in the Remake without losing the ability to edit the terrain in Krom's editor :)

The public release won't be for quite a few weeks so we can find and fix all the bugs in the release candidate, so I hope you'll have enough time for it.

Thanks for your contribution.
Cheers,
Lewin.
P.S. Maybe you could write a bit of a description/story for the map? (like we have for other maps) There's no need to describe the locations because the lobby shows the locations to everyone.
<<

EDMatt

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 18 Aug 2012, 09:58

Coalmines and land to the left near the gold on location 6 needs to be fixed, it was a nightmare :). Otherwise good idea for a map, but I wont touch it again until the land is fixed :P
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

Private.NL

Axe Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 18 Aug 2012, 12:38

Coalmines and land to the left near the gold on location 6 needs to be fixed, it was a nightmare :). Otherwise good idea for a map, but I wont touch it again until the land is fixed :P
The landscape was to hilly to build on. Please fix it, then it will be a good map ;)
Always look on the bright side of KaM! :D
<<

Leeuwgie

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 18 Aug 2012, 16:54

Hi Thunder,

I just took a look at Alice. The map looks way better then most other maps. Some advice from me, try to make the coal smoother and don't forget to create enough space for farms etc around the starting location. And one more thing, try to avoid straight lines in the terrain/mountains to make it look more natural. Keep up the good work, like others said it's smart to keep playtesting it until you are completely satisfied.

To
No matter what, always keep smiling ~ Bassie (from Bassie & Adriaan)
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 18 Aug 2012, 17:30

I tried to repair every mistakes what said to me after the first game, and give more things what advices.
list:
-cutted all trees on the coal.(2 stayed-these margain of loc1-2), and many others to place of farms...
-changed little positions of loc4 iron(-more further from loc5, closer to loc4). I tried to make many unbuildable, but walkable square between loc4-5. It was the hardest mission.
-gave more food than Revo's advice, because its a large map, and fast develop is possible(more than230citizens), and not clear the future of the foods...(SUM160 food, 60wine, 45bread,30fish 25sous)
-repaired the terrians and all square are buildable where trees aren't.
-and colored the stonemountaints- thanks the new option of the editor.(number of resources)

-I have an last idea how can i do bettter, but then the starting grid wont be simmetric. (Another places to the storehouses)

And thank you for the helps, reports, and advices!

t

PS:
dlink:
http://www.mediafire.com/?y41umjx646tv18q

Return to “Map Design”