KaMRemakefan

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 05 May 2014, 20:30

Re: thunder's map

Guys this must be included in the next relaese! :D
Great job!
KaMRemakefan is a fanchannel on youtube of the game KaM Remake,
click on the link here below to go the fanchannel.
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 10 May 2014, 14:58

It looks really awesome! I especially liked the way you've made rivers and those two bridges in the middle :).
I think, that slow unlock order fits into this map. Resources are pretty close, so it doesn't make map too hard.

Good job!
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 09 Jun 2014, 22:32

:) just because the heavy summer arrived need an icecream.;P
a small aperitive
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 10 Jun 2014, 07:10

Looks nice, witch map is that?
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 15 Jun 2014, 10:10

ice ice cream trararampram
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 13 Jul 2014, 10:08

more ice...
summer time...summer time...
:)
this start to be worse and worse:)

frezze a bridge.
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 13 Jul 2014, 10:12

Hm, it looks weird...
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 13 Jul 2014, 12:28

Needs something on top as well in my opinion, with a few tweaks it might start looking better, for now it's not looking good though.

Please keep the shortcuts to a minimum so it's not so hard to read your posts
~Ben
Last edited by sado1 on 13 Sep 2021, 13:53, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Cleaned English
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 18 Jul 2014, 17:12

Hi!
I had an idea. I wanted to make winter on one of my map. I chose Iceline for this where was spring and the hill had snow only.
The map let be bigger with as detailed figthing zone as previously was. The theme is similar.
Original build order.

As always just Have Fun!
t
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 29 Sep 2014, 13:22

Hello. A couple of questions regarding map updates:
-Alagsor2 was put on the "unsure" list, meaning there are changes needed. We decided it was too campy, but looks etc. are cool, so it'd be good to include it in the next release. Will you put some work on satisfying our criteria on that map? edit: Thunder says its still campy
-Swampland is the same story, needs to become less campy, and it needs a bit better looks - especially mountains are not looking good enough. Any chance on improving that one in time? forget it, Thunder's map is called SHARPland xD
-I am not sure what to do with WonderWorld, but we decided we're interested more in the TH version (like with Center Castle - almost the same map, so why not use the scripted version). I tested the map quickly, and I got 2 advices to andreus (hoping he'll read it): First, I'd make the third school look different in some way - perhaps use flashing fire? (add damage to school for a second, then the next second make the TH-school have as much damage as it had before - but dont make the school undestroyable by accident :P) Another thing is, not every time I got a rogue after making 3 stonemasons. If I were you, I'd change the script to check the queue and subtract gold from school, instead of training the units (the original townhall worked immediately as well, didn't it?), it's simpler and easy to understand.
-please make sure all your maps will be updated in time for the new Remake, I am not sure how many maps did Lewin update. Best would be to provide an up to date pack of all the maps of yours, I guess.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 01 Oct 2014, 07:28

Hey all!

There are the latest avaiable thunder maps. I made discussion with sado already those problems. Soon over 20 maps...yay... XD Thank you guys!

Dl link is deleted.
Last edited by thunder on 21 Feb 2015, 09:37, edited 1 time in total.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 18 Oct 2014, 16:17

Heyho again!

Here is the 20th edited map by me. I tried out something speciel and looks out well. I smeshed 2 maps Sharpland and Wonderworld's parts. This map isnt the 2 days kind of map. :) I hope it will be visible in the gameplay also.
The map is 256*256 based on Sharpland. Each location has many developing directions and easy builing ways because there are "infinity"building space. Every resources are multipled. There are main iron/gold hills, these are near to the store, and there are secondary hills/resources are little bit further. 60-90pt games also avaiable on the map because this multipled hills.
Every locs have "backdoors" also and a larger fields. I hope the map wont be as campy as was previously.

If i have picture(-s) i will upload some.

Have fun guys!
t

DL link is outdated.
Last edited by thunder on 21 Feb 2015, 09:38, edited 1 time in total.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 21 Feb 2015, 09:35

Hello-bello!
Almost half year without any single post...WoW.
Well under this time i didn't have too much time for editing, balancing maps so I just created some short fun projects.

As I ve seen my latest post was about Area20-Thunder zone2. Well this map got some small changes for more opened battle space. The map seems very easy for abusing, but as I see a bit hard or complicated creating great defence on some locations. Ive already seen there some interestnig battles. Good to see that some locations has a bit harder way to making great cities.The locations doesn't have huge balance, but the basics are the same, I mean each location has a main and a late support resurce hills. This map speciely made for long PT games 80-90mins with2x speed so the map could be ideal for longer PT games also. Actualy I havent tested this map with long pt games but what i see on 60...just wow for long PT games;) This maps not about the towers... Spam-spam-spam:)
1.jpg
Here is a new very interesting map with classical buildorder. Its called Iron&Gold. This map's idea is Based on Golden Cliffs & New horizon. (There aren't any copy paste!) This map already got a small balance also because location 5 had a bit less space previously as the other locs. The fighting zone is a bit more detailed, and the starting locs are a bit harder as on New Horizon. The map has a great dinamic for building and good options for various fightings. The locations has similar possibilites with almost equal chance.
2.jpg
I had a trying to create a small tournament, called one day tour. So I created some small battle maps for this tournament. These maps arent larger as S,XS size, and there arent lots of troops either. Maybe the qualities aren't the best but please 5 maps-5minutes;) But the maps are guarantee the short game time.
Of course less unit->more lucky situations. One shot one kill???:S But don't forget 'the better' player always wins;P Or really always? :)
So welcome the first batch of the MaPhisto series. Cactus, Grande, Hunters, Luck and Nature.
33333.jpg
luck3.jpg
and etc....
Here is the latest avaiable T-maps.
http://www.speedyshare.com/tGUq3/thunde ... 150221.zip

As always, just
Have Fun!
t
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 22 Feb 2015, 01:00

In my opinion, less soldiers is often better than more in battle maps, just because it is easier to micro.

If you're going to make XS sized maps, though, you need to do better than that ;) Spend more time on this little maps: Look at every single tile and make sure it is perfect! :)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 22 Feb 2015, 07:09

In my opinion, less soldiers is often better than more in battle maps, just because it is easier to micro.

If you're going to make XS sized maps, though, you need to do better than that ;) Spend more time on this little maps: Look at every single tile and make sure it is perfect! :)

Tastes differ :wink:

Return to “Map Design”