Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

I Am Making a Mission.dat Editor

<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 31 Oct 2007, 19:11

Hmm, help you...

- Help me translate it into other languages.

I can help to translate it to Dutch, but I guess that's not needed anymore.

- Help me work out what the commands are. I still am not sure how some of the commands work (eg. Colors)

I think I can help you with this, so if you have questions about some commands, write me. :wink:

- Test it, find bugs and make suggestions

There's no reason for me to test it, because I don't need a program to script. I need a program to make scripting go faster! :wink:

- Encourage me. If you want this to go ahead, contact me and tell me you are interested. The more people interested, the more likely I am to keep developing it.

Keep developing it! Everyone is waiting for an editor where you can place buildings, soldiers, but especially streets directly at the map (I read you will also do that :))
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 01 Nov 2007, 03:01

Re: Hmm, help you...

Hmm, help you...

- Help me translate it into other languages.

I can help to translate it to Dutch, but I guess that's not needed anymore.

- Help me work out what the commands are. I still am not sure how some of the commands work (eg. Colors)

I think I can help you with this, so if you have questions about some commands, write me. :wink:
I have worked out all the commands, (although with colors I just tried random combinations. (eg. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7, 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130) If you know how the colors work I would like to know.
- Test it, find bugs and make suggestions

There's no reason for me to test it, because I don't need a program to script. I need a program to make scripting go faster! :wink:
What do you mean? Do you mean you want a better editor with a GUI etc?
- Encourage me. If you want this to go ahead, contact me and tell me you are interested. The more people interested, the more likely I am to keep developing it.

Keep developing it! Everyone is waiting for an editor where you can place buildings, soldiers, but especially streets directly at the map (I read you will also do that :))
Thanks, I will keep going. I have had a lot of interest and I think it is a good project.
Yes, I am going make it so you can put stuff onto the map.
BTW: Version 0.1.7 is now out with ALL of the the commands working!!
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 01 Nov 2007, 06:25

This is how the colours work. King Harold of the Dutch forum discovered it, so you don't have to say ''thank you'' to me! :wink:

''There's no reason for me to test it, because I don't need a program to script. I need a program to make scripting go faster!''

With this I mean an editor where you can place buildings, soldiers and streets directly on the map.
<<

Merchator

Sword Fighter

Post 01 Nov 2007, 22:29

Your editor gets better and better. Go on with this :wink:
I could translate it to german, but som1 is already going to do that, so i dont want to bother^^ (Are u makin' a *.ini with translation files or not?)
I hope it'll get a GUI soon, cause there are already some script editors out.
Actually there are 3 (yours included). Maybe more. So, we dont need a script editor, we need something, that speeds up scripting! (Of course, ur one have got buttons to add Command-Lines faster, but its still hard to build a village.

Maybe you know my Village-Builder? It speeds up scripting a lot, but it's still difficult. Go on, try to make a GUI, we all are waitin' for it :wink: No one urges you, i guess^^

BTW: The windows closes alaways after you click "OK", but sometimes it would be better if it stood open. E.G.: Placing streets. You always have to click the street button again, change the X/Y-Position and click "OK". Maybe you could change this? :D
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 02 Nov 2007, 00:13

Your editor gets better and better. Go on with this :wink:
I could translate it to german, but som1 is already going to do that, so i dont want to bother^^ (Are u makin' a *.ini with translation files or not?)
No, I am doing it with .po and .mo files. This is a system that comes with Lazarus (my programming language)
I hope it'll get a GUI soon, cause there are already some script editors out.
The next version (0.1.8 ) I am going to focus on translations and documentation. After that I will start on the GUI. So maybe in a few weeks there will be a primitive GUI.
Actually there are 3 (yours included). Maybe more. So, we dont need a script editor, we need something, that speeds up scripting! (Of course, ur one have got buttons to add Command-Lines faster, but its still hard to build a village.
Whats the other editor (other than yours and mine)
Maybe you know my Village-Builder? It speeds up scripting a lot, but it's still difficult. Go on, try to make a GUI, we all are waitin' for it :wink: No one urges you, i guess^^
Yes, I have seen it and I am going to make something like it, but it will display the map, and you click to place road, buildings etc. I don't think I will ever make it fully graphical, but I will make villages/other XY things easier. If you have anything that might help me convert the map file to an image, then that would be much appreciated and would speed up the process. Krom has already said he won't help. :( I have found a document by the barbarian that explains some of it but a lot is still unknown. I don't mind you urging me. :wink:
BTW: The windows closes alaways after you click "OK", but sometimes it would be better if it stood open. E.G.: Placing streets. You always have to click the street button again, change the X/Y-Position and click "OK". Maybe you could change this? :D
I am going to make a village builder so you won't have to use the add road button. I have tried making villages my self, and I know how hard it is. :wink:
Go to get back to developing it, so see you next time. Its really nice to have all you guys out there encouraging me. :wink:
Lewin.
<<

Merchator

Sword Fighter

Post 02 Nov 2007, 12:11

Whats the other editor (other than yours and mine)
The third one was scripted by King Harold.
You can only download it form the dutch site, so i dont wonder why you haven't found it :wink:
If you want it, just check the Dutch KaM-Website (Forum).
If you couldn't find it, ask King Harold or tell me and i can give you the link. :D

Krom has already said he won't help. :(
Oh, that's sad :( Hm, maybe you can ask King Harold? I guess he knows as much about the map-files as Krom! :D
Ahh, im not sure, but i think, that Krom didn't Know how to convert a *.map file in a *.bmp file or anything else...but im not sure.
<<

Zozol92

Peasant

Post 09 Nov 2007, 21:43

Nice editor, Lewin. It's very good, keep it so :wink:
But i have one question - why it don't reads this command ?

!SET_AI_ATTACK TAKE 12

"Take" is wrong ? (I do it in King Harold Editor and I don't try it in game, yet)
<<

merchant_992

Pikeman

Post 10 Nov 2007, 16:55

WHen do we get the texts to translate
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 11 Nov 2007, 01:47

Re: Why it don't reads this command?

!SET_AI_ATTACK TAKE 12

"Take" is wrong ? (I do it in King Harold Editor and I don't try it in game, yet)
Hi Zozol92,
I have never heard of !SET_AI_ATTACK TAKE
I have heard of TAKEALL.
Is it in any of the original missions? Do you know what it does?
Could you please send me a link (or email it to me) to download King Harold's Editor? I am interested in it.
Please reply to me with PM so we don't spam this thread. :wink:
Thanks,
Lewin.
<<

Merchator

Sword Fighter

Post 11 Nov 2007, 08:47

Oh, we dont spam this thread :wink:
In the last time many people are inactive ->less posts each week :(

Anyway, copy the link in your URL-bar:

http://www.freewebs.com/knightsandmerchants/downloads/ScriptEditor.zip
It's a very basicall editor.
Your webiste has two new languages, right?
Well, i don't speak polski, but german :wink:
The german translation is well written, but a little bit literally.

But it's not that bad :wink:
When is the next version expected to come out?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 11 Nov 2007, 10:40

Oh, we dont spam this thread :wink:
In the last time many people are inactive ->less posts each week :(
We don't? :wink:
Anyway, copy the link in your URL-bar:

http://www.freewebs.com/knightsandmerchants/downloads/ScriptEditor.zip
It's a very basicall editor.
I crashes with 'application failed to initialise' oh well.
Your webiste has two new languages, right?
Well, i don't speak polski, but german :wink:
The german translation is well written, but a little bit literally.

But it's not that bad :wink:
When is the next version expected to come out?
Soon. a week or so. It will have translations as well as a help file.
I am also going to make something to edit the lib files so you can change the briefing text etc.
GTG,
Lewin.
<<

Zozol92

Peasant

Post 12 Nov 2007, 14:19

!SET_AI_ATTACK TAKE 12

Hi Zozol92,
I have never heard of !SET_AI_ATTACK TAKE
I have heard of TAKEALL.
Is it in any of the original missions? Do you know what it does?
Could you please send me a link (or email it to me) to download King Harold's Editor? I am interested in it.
Please reply to me with PM so we don't spam this thread. :wink:
Thanks,
Lewin.
I was think this command is wright, like "TAKEALL".
I think, if in "TAKEALL" enemy takes all warriors, in "TAKE 12" he takes 12 warriors :wink: . But I 5 minutes ago, check it in game - it's wrong :( Sorry :wink:
<<

Merchator

Sword Fighter

Post 22 Nov 2007, 13:10

I just found a "bug"!
I edited a mission, while the game was running (don't know if this information is necessary) and saved, when i was done. But then the Editor crashed! I opened the mission again with your editor and the HALF script was gone!
I just played around a little bit, so thats no problem...
I just want to tell it to you :wink:
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 22 Nov 2007, 14:03

I crashes with 'application failed to initialise' oh well.
It's not too important. What harold's mission editor does is just to open the encrypted mission files like they would be any normal text file (so they are instantyl decrypted). Other than this, the tool is just the same as notepad (no buttons to do certain functions etc.).
<<

harold

Knight

Post 22 Nov 2007, 17:29

If it fails to work, you should install .NET framework 2.0

Return to “Other Creations”