Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Unit.dat - Will it ever be decoded?

<<

Merchator

Sword Fighter

Post 04 Jun 2007, 19:44

Unit.dat - Will it ever be decoded?

Hi!
I was wondering if some people found something interesting out about the unit.dat at data\defines?

I'll say, what i know, maybe u know more than me (its not that much and not new):
The unit.dat file stores things like ATT, DEF, SPEED and COSTS of units. Maybe there are some more interesting thing in we dont know? Anyway, u can replace values for changing units- unfortunately u have to change EVRY Byte in the DAT-File.
So, for example:
There is a Militia. His ATT is 35 (in HEX 23) his DEF is 50 (in HEX 32) and his lifepoints are 4 (in HEX 04). Now we can search these values and replace them. E.G ATT: Replace all 23 (cuz of HEX) with FF (in DEC 255). NOw evry soldier, which have the ATT of 35 before, now has the ATT of 255. U can do this with other soldiers to.

Lifepoints:
Bowmans, XBowmanns: 1 Lifepoint
Infantery: 3 Lifepoints
Cavallerie: 4 Lifepoints

I guess unit.dat has the same structure like the mission.dat, so there MUST be a way to decode them. But we dont know it...too bad :(.

What else do u know about these file? Please tell me everything u know (maybe we could make a mod...som day^^)
<<

olegasole

Knight

Post 10 Jun 2007, 18:00

wow..... that would mkae some great mods. i can imagine invincble swordsmen!!!
<<

Merchator

Sword Fighter

Post 10 Jun 2007, 18:10

wow..... that would mkae some great mods. i can imagine invincble swordsmen!!!
Hm, i dont know.
Invincible swordmen? Thats just cheating :wink: ...
No, i mean other soldiers, more houses, maybe a only-build Campagin (for example the script checks if 500 Leathers are in Sorehouse :D )
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 12 Jun 2007, 10:33

While it could be possible for the unit dats and alike to be stored like the mission files, i doubt it. I wonder how free_sms_km figured out how to read the mission files...
<<

Merchator

Sword Fighter

Post 12 Jun 2007, 12:01

Hm!
I've disassembled KaM_TPR.exe.
There are much values for mission.dat and unit.dat, but unfortunately i dont understand them.
BTW: Do u got the email of free_sms_km? Maybe we can ask him :wink:

Return to “Map Design”