Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

The New Lands

<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 12 Mar 2013, 10:04

Re: The New Lands

Hey fanthasy, I received your pm but I'll reply here. ;)

I would advice you to first try what Ben wrote. If that does not work, you could try to play it in the Remake, although it might be very different to play it there. Otherwise I'm afraid you'll have to skip it and continue with mission 13.
Have fun! ;)
<<

fanthasy

Peasant

Post 12 Mar 2013, 11:18

If a mission is persistent on crashing when you try to start a mission, try loading it in a different mission file.
For example, it is a common bug for campaigns using the TSK campaign mission slots to crash on mission 12. If this is happening, than you take mission12.dat and rename it to mission0.dat. Once you beat mission 11, the game will skip 12 (because it is not there!) and go straight to mission 13. Once you start mission 13, save the game and quit to the main-menu. Then start the town tutorial (which is what uses the mission0.dat mission slot). The town tutorial will instead be mission 12 of whatever campaign you are playing.
This may sound complex, but it is the only known workaround for this mysterious bug. If you continue to have trouble, then just let me know and I'll send you a mission folder that uses these instructions.
Thanks for the fast reply from both of you :)
Sadly this is not working for me, that damn level still crashes, I tried what you mentioned, but still not working. is level 12 an only fighter or builder map as well? Is that a challenge?
I don't want a spoiler just want to know what did I miss :'(
I can at least continue from lvl 13.

Regards
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 12 Mar 2013, 11:27

Mission 12 is a building mission. For me it has always worked fine, but I've heard it crashes for many players. Someone noted that it has to do with the weird map size of mission 12, but I forgot who said that. He actually tested it by changing the map size and it worked after that.
But for now your options are to play it in Remake (I'm 100% sure it will work there, it will just be different) or to skip it...
<<

fanthasy

Peasant

Post 12 Mar 2013, 11:53

Mission 12 is a building mission. For me it has always worked fine, but I've heard it crashes for many players. Someone noted that it has to do with the weird map size of mission 12, but I forgot who said that. He actually tested it by changing the map size and it worked after that.
But for now your options are to play it in Remake (I'm 100% sure it will work there, it will just be different) or to skip it...
Is that harder than lvl 11? actually I managed to beat lvl 13 for second try, working on lvl 14 now which looks so awsome
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 12 Mar 2013, 11:57

No; Mission 12 is just a funny mission, it's not extremely hard or so. ;) Mission 11 is the hardest after mission 16.
<<

fanthasy

Peasant

Post 12 Mar 2013, 12:05

No; Mission 12 is just a funny mission, it's not extremely hard or so. ;) Mission 11 is the hardest after mission 16.
Could you elaborate what is the fun part of it? I am so jealous for those who can play it :)
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 12 Mar 2013, 12:09

No. :D Play it in Remake and find out. ;)
<<

Mixons

Rogue

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 12 Mar 2013, 15:08

TDL your campaign will works good in Remake?
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 12 Mar 2013, 15:41

Mixons Up to here not. I have tried it and its not playable. I remember that the first 2 missions are ok, but specially the last (with some siege equipment) aren´t playable really.

However I hope TDL will convert his nice campaign sometimes :D
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 12 Mar 2013, 16:10

I will certainly do so. But it's still better to play a mission in Remake (even though it will be very different) than not being able to play it at all due to crashes, right? :)
So I advice to play TNL in TPR, and missions that crash (probably only 12) can be played in Remake.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 12 Mar 2013, 16:28

Thanks for the fast reply from both of you :)
Sadly this is not working for me, that damn level still crashes, I tried what you mentioned, but still not working. is level 12 an only fighter or builder map as well? Is that a challenge?
I don't want a spoiler just want to know what did I miss :'(
I can at least continue from lvl 13.

Regards
Fanthasy, I have uploaded a mission folder that will work. Please try it by downloading it at http://www.2shared.com/file/PdhaeuHa/mission.html

If necessary, make a backup of your current mission folder. Then place the one I provided in the data folder. TNL will play as it normally does, but mission 12 will be skipped. Whenever you feel like playing 12 (which is probably now, since you have beaten 11), just select "Play Tutorial" in the main menu and you will be playing mission 12 instead of the tutorial.

Good luck!
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

The Knight

Pikeman

Post 18 Jun 2013, 16:53

is this campaign available for remake?
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 18 Jun 2013, 17:08

Not yet, but it will be, eventually. :)
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 18 Jun 2013, 17:10

Wth the extra atention to eventually :P
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

The Knight

Pikeman

Post 18 Jun 2013, 17:20

you should make it! use the new possibilities of remake! Lewin/Krom have done great job!

Return to “Map Design”