Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

The Federation of Neryn [Campaign]

<<

Vas

Rogue

Post 21 Apr 2013, 18:37

The Federation of Neryn [Campaign]

edit 27.05.
look for download link at the last sites of this topic ;)

hey guys, here is an other lazy mapmaker who just post his work :D
I want to give you some impressions of my campaign wich will be included in the next Remake Release :] Its called The Federation of Neryn and has a sophisticated story line. 10 of circa 25 missions are finished and form the first chapter of this campaign. (later I will make addons for this) Maybe some of you allready know some of these maps. I uploaded them some years ago as "Neryn Wars - Cleansing of South Agafield" on Lewins mission site. In this version there will be more missions and the old ones are improved and modified by dynamic scripts. Actually I am working on the english translation. So there will be a german and an english version.

Here are some screenshots:

Last edited by Vas on 27 May 2013, 07:26, edited 6 times in total.
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 21 Apr 2013, 18:51

Re: The Federation of Neryn [Campaign]

The images look promising and i saw your scripting skills in some video so i guess this will be a nice campaign for sure. I might even try it even though i barely play singleplayer. Anyway it will be a great addition to the remake (this and maybe other campaigns made soon).
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 21 Apr 2013, 19:17

The screenshots are great, looking forward to play it :)
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 22 Apr 2013, 15:12

Played the South Agafield in the Remake up to here (self converting) some months ago and it was really nice :D
I only didnt understand what the last mission ( A final "movie" ) wanted to show me :P
However these things can be improved much with the dynamic scripts, so I think it could be a really big and beautiful campaign for the Remake.

Do you plan to translate the briefings or will you plan to make a "starting map( http://i.neoseeker.com/screenshots/R2Ft ... Z1qfFu.jpg)" like on tsk/tpr with the 5 common languages for example or do you just want to implement the already shown map (in your first post)?
Last edited by pawel95 on 22 Apr 2013, 18:15, edited 1 time in total.
<<

ChrisEggII

Sword Fighter

Post 22 Apr 2013, 17:29

This will be first campaign for a long time, so I hope this will be something great. For me that looks great. I can translate this into Polish if you want to.
<<

Vas

Rogue

Post 22 Apr 2013, 20:48

Nice to see those reactions. Im excited to get your feedback after playing this. I can't judge it as a player who is new to it anymore and I had no Beta Testers.. By the way: does anybody know when the next RC will be send out?

@pawel
First I planned to create language specified world maps and translate all captions on it, but the Remake doesnt support this (yet?). I had to delete some captions and simplify the story because of that :( There will be only translated briefings and messages, like in TSK/TPR. So it will be only the world map I have posted. In other languages the places will have german names, too (also like in TSK).
The last mission was something like a jest.. :D A final march of victory. It's not included in this version, but an other "movie mission" xD

@chrissegg
yeah, this would be awesome. when I've finished the english translation I can send you the files, or maybe you can translate from german into polish?
<<

ChrisEggII

Sword Fighter

Post 23 Apr 2013, 11:10

Last time I used this language 6 years ago, so probably this will be too difficult for me ;) I only remember how to say "Ich bin..." and "Ich habe...". I'll wait for English translation.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 23 Apr 2013, 11:11

@pawel
First I planned to create language specified world maps and translate all captions on it, but the Remake doesnt support this (yet?).
Have you asked Lewin? :O I´m not sure for 100% but the TSK and TPR campaigns also works with some language files(or not? ) So maybe there would be a way to be able to translate the world map(+sounds).

Not sure if Chris knows german, when he doesnt, I could also do the translation job, if you want?!
Polish is my mothertonuge and I can speak perfectly german.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 23 Apr 2013, 11:42

First I planned to create language specified world maps and translate all captions on it, but the Remake doesnt support this (yet?).
Have you asked Lewin? :O I´m not sure for 100% but the TSK and TPR campaigns also works with some language files(or not? ) So maybe there would be a way to be able to translate the world map(+sounds).
We support translation of the briefings, in-game messages and sounds, but not the map images. Map images are better to be the same in all translations, like TSK/TPR are. Otherwise our translators will have to use Photoshop or something to translate the campaign which is a lot more effort than just translating some text (remember we have over 20 translations now). We'd rather keep all the text in the briefings/messages (like TSK/TPR) and the only text on the maps should be the location names, if anything at all.
<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 23 Apr 2013, 12:41

I can translate the briefings and messages to Hungarian, if the English one is ready and it is needed :P
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 23 Apr 2013, 13:40

We support translation of the briefings, in-game messages and sounds, but not the map images. Map images are better to be the same in all translations, like TSK/TPR are. Otherwise our translators will have to use Photoshop or something to translate the campaign which is a lot more effort than just translating some text (remember we have over 20 translations now). We'd rather keep all the text in the briefings/messages (like TSK/TPR) and the only text on the maps should be the location names, if anything at all.

Well ok, you said "like TSK/TPR" so you mean the text can be just translated like in tpr/tsk in all languages but the standard image should be without text, right?
<<

Vas

Rogue

Post 23 Apr 2013, 14:45

That is what he means. And of course he's right, I would have to create all textes for each language a new.
In TSK Moorbach, Lauenburg, Walheim, etc. are also not translated. These are the original german names.

@bence & chris: all right :]
<<

kocsis1david

Crossbowman

Post 01 May 2013, 07:03

I tried mission 2, but I can't win on it. The enemy has so big numerical superiority. Is it surely possible to win?
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 01 May 2013, 07:47

I could not win in mission 2 either. First two waves are okay, but the third one is a killer.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 01 May 2013, 11:30

Wait where are the maps? i only see screenshots D:! i want to give it a try :$
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill

Return to “Map Design”