<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 24 Jul 2013, 08:43

Sado's scripts and maps

Minigames and scripted gamemodes:
SPACE INVADERS kamrepos/map.php?id=107
BATTLEPIT If you still have it somewhere, PM it to me since it seems like I lost the map.
THE CONQUEST kamrepos/map.php?id=108
This script is basically the best thing I ever done for KaM, my life work, and I think Dicso could say the same about the map - it's beautiful! :D
Old Cursed Ravine beta version can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1605
DESERT CONQUEST kamrepos/map.php?id=127
Fog of War for battle maps: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1655

Building maps:
FROZEN WATERS viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1415
DANCE OF DEATH kamrepos/map.php?id=156
Description: A desert/wasteland themed 8 player map, designed for annoying gameplay. Locations are mirrored and balanced in pairs. I tried to replicate Rich Land's way of all the locations having a theme/idea. Per each team, there is a:
-bigger location with resources in every direction (1 and 8)
-most powerful location with lots of iron but a bit strange space management (2 and 7)
-location which seems so small and vulnerable that it's pointless to play it - not to mention how easy it is to screw up gold here! (3 and 6), and finally
-the idea that started the whole map: 2 island locations (4 and 5), very small and closed off, but big enough to maintain a minimalistic base.
As for the looks, I tried to create a map which on top would look colorful and happy, while the bottom would look like a wasteland. Well, for those that want to judge the result... there is no way to make a wasteland map in KaM, I am afraid :P

WILD GRASSLANDS kamrepos/map.php?id=200
Description: A grass-themed 12P map.

The old version of Wild Grasslands is here: kamrepos/map.php?id=183

TEMPLE OF KOCZIS kamrepos/map.php?id=194
Description: A desert-themed 8P map.
Last edited by sado1 on 30 Sep 2017, 18:02, edited 22 times in total.
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 24 Jul 2013, 10:30

Re: Sado's scripts and maps

I just play on this and i must say - great work :mrgreen: Very funny :) but still need info about 1 round, second etc?
Maybe this same idea can be done with crossbows, archers .. instead of builders? have to shoot at the enemy? (you would have to somehow increase the range of attack).
What do you think ? :wink:

edit: OR with ballist ( in this mission would be handy :mrgreen: )
and it can add a level of difficulty when it comes time to win Round 1, 2, etc.. for example, 3 minutes for one round, etc. hm? :rolleyes:
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 24 Jul 2013, 10:58

LOLs, what a crazy idea! :D
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Omigoshe

Rogue

Post 24 Jul 2013, 11:06

Hahaha really cool! First round: 29 score
Final score: 381
Last edited by Omigoshe on 24 Jul 2013, 11:14, edited 1 time in total.
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 24 Jul 2013, 11:10

You can also give militas/axes/sword/barbarians.. (still being in the assault) ;)
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 24 Jul 2013, 14:11

In case no one noticed, I'm sorry for the last wave not working properly - I fixed it now. Instead of time for each round, I could just make the invaders move closer to the player each few seconds. Also, it'd be quite easy to loop the gamemode (like, when you win/lose, the game restarts). I can't increase the range of archers but I can place them close to the enemy. But I don't think ranged would work - any idea how the automatic attack should look like? Displaying game time and round number - also a nice idea.
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 24 Jul 2013, 15:24

I could just make the invaders move closer to the player each few seconds. Also, it'd be quite easy to loop the gamemode (like, when you win/lose, the game restarts)
Very good idea and more interesting :wink:
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 09 Aug 2013, 22:39

Nice idea. Haha it is nice because it brings you back bad reminds from kam remake mp games, like "oh your milita just killed my knight" XD
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 10 Aug 2013, 09:30

Update. I'm afraid I killed the difficulty level by changing the default unit and making losing conditions (invaders move towards the player). When I make a new version with bonuses/power-ups (not sure if I used a right word here) the difficulty level will drop, but I need to know up to which wave the player is able to win now. I'd appreciate any help with testing it :P And also, I'd like to hear any ideas on how to improve this mode.
<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 10 Aug 2013, 09:44

Well, scout vs rebel... :D gg kolego
I cant even imagine getting to the last level or even winning it. Maybe you should replace the scout spawn with axefighters, then maybe the chance of spamming swords (30% for example) later on?
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 10 Aug 2013, 10:01

Ok wave 8 killed me, but I could have won if I didn't play with F8 (there were just a few pikemen left). However, wave 8 was the first wave where they actually moved forward. Why? And I expected to lose when the pikemen reached the last tile, not one tile above it. :P

Edit: I won now, but it seems very random whether the enemy moves towards me or not; this time the pikemen wave didn't so it was easy, while some other waves did (the sword fighters/axe fighters gave me a hard time, especially since they left their original formation and were all clumped together so I had to fight many at the same time). But I think something is wrong in your script?
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 10 Aug 2013, 11:29

Well. The script works like that:
-see where the invader soldier is
-move it left or right each few seconds
-every 30 seconds (not sure if it's 30s and too lazy to look it up) also move 1 tile downwards (well not exactly - the left/right move is added to the down move, so they move diagonally)

Now, if a troop is attacked, his position doesn't change, because he's fighting. If it wins the fight, then he stays where he is and starts moving from there. So, he breaks up the initial formation. I think it's not impossible to make the units work on fixed positions, but it'd require a bit of work :P And, if the waves didn't move at all then I'd like to see a replay...
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 10 Aug 2013, 12:39

Ok, here you go :p

They moved, but not towards me. Just left-right-left-right the whole time. I think only 3 waves walked down as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 08 Oct 2013, 19:42

OK. Some changes to my maps:
-fixed Space Invaders issue with some waves not moving towards the player
-new map: BattlePit - arena fighting for 4 players. The map is crap, I promise to make it better over time if anyone is even interested in this. There should be no bugs, but I tested the latest version with AI only. But I knew most of the bugs because I tested a few times in MP, so everything is probably fine. I am totally open to someone making a way better map (preferably of the same size, so I don't have to change too much :P) for my script.
-new (at least for some people): The Conquest - our joint effort between me (I wrote the script, and done quite some work on balance... it was REALLY hard) and Dicsoupcan (map, map, and map). I am so damn proud of this thing. We played it lots of times with our TS crew. This is so much fun to play, and (thanks to Dicso) the map looks great, so I can't wait until this gets added into the Remake :D For TS players: since contest version, I added spectator loc 8 and one stable+tower per team since game start.
Last edited by sado1 on 05 Nov 2013, 09:16, edited 1 time in total.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 08 Oct 2013, 20:36

*shivers* 100%...snow...maps.....haunting...me....
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill

Return to “Map Design”