Release candidate 2

<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 17 Aug 2014, 12:47

Release candidate 2

The second release candidate r6547 is ready. Everyone on our beta tester mailing list should receive an email soon. If you are not on the mailing list and would like to be please send me a PM or email contact@kamremake.com

There is a new campaign "On Foreign Lands" included in this release candidate! If you have any feedback for the campaign please tell us so we can pass it on to the author of the campaign. I asked the author to create a topic on the forum for the campaign so feedback could be posted there. We have also tidied up the singleplayer maps list, with new maps added, low quality maps removed, and a few multiplayer maps against the AI builder added (like the singleplayer maps in The Peasents Rebellion).

Known bugs: (no need to report them)
- You can start the game before a spectator has downloaded the save, which causes a crash. We will fix this for RC3.

Needs testing:
- Back to lobby feature in multiplayer needs testing as it has been changed since RC1 to prevent cheating by the host.
- Replays need testing, in RC1 they were occasionally crashing with "replay inconsistency" error but we have hopefully fixed that.

Happy beta testing :)
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 17 Aug 2014, 13:29

Re: Release candidate 2

I cannot download RC2 from any of provided links :? . Is it problem on my side?

Edit: Just got the new links, so clear this please.
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

CoolReply's

Post 17 Aug 2014, 19:14

Hi Lewin or Krom, I love the beta edition but some things what needs to change:

*You can add up to 12 players in the editor, but not in multiplayer, my friend made a map with 12 players but we can only play with 8 because of the limits

*When you place a map from downloaded to multiplayer and you overwrite another map, the game will crash

*When you raise a location and you want to place a tile on a tile at the back of the raised ground, then you'll make the tile behind it (glitch or not fixable?)

two suggestions:

*My friend makes giant maps, so he likes to have something like a multiplayer map editor so you can work with multiple people on one map (just a suggestion :wink: )

*The return of take all in an attack event, I miss it in a strategy map
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 17 Aug 2014, 19:42

Yes it is correct that you can put up to 12 players in the map editor, player 9- 12 are meant for ai or spectator slots. The normal multiplayer is still limited to 8 players.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 17 Aug 2014, 20:05

Are you Paker or really a new player who wants 12 players? :D
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 17 Aug 2014, 20:41

Bug in spectating: Most of times I set Hotkeys for all storehosues of players, so it looks more professional jumping from storehosue to storehosue, but if I press a button the top left layout doesn´t change to the actual player.
Last edited by pawel95 on 18 Aug 2014, 13:08, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 18 Aug 2014, 12:53

*You can add up to 12 players in the editor, but not in multiplayer, my friend made a map with 12 players but we can only play with 8 because of the limits
For now we will keep the 8 player limit in the lobby. The extra 4 players are intended for AIs (so you can have an 8P scripted map with 4 extra AIs, for example co-operative).
*When you place a map from downloaded to multiplayer and you overwrite another map, the game will crash
Does it allow you to send a crash report? If so please send it so we can fix the bug. Has anyone else had this issue?
*When you raise a location and you want to place a tile on a tile at the back of the raised ground, then you'll make the tile behind it (glitch or not fixable?)
I'm not sure what you mean, can you explain in more detail?
*My friend makes giant maps, so he likes to have something like a multiplayer map editor so you can work with multiple people on one map (just a suggestion :wink: )
I doubt many people would use that, so it's probably not worth our time. You can work on different parts of the map and use copy/paste to merge them.
*The return of take all in an attack event, I miss it in a strategy map
"Take all" was renamed to "choose randomly" to more accurately reflect was it does. It now matches the original game which makes the campaigns work better. For more information on AI attacks read this:
https://code.google.com/p/castlesand/wiki/AI
Bug in spectating: Most of times I set Hotkeys for all storehosues of players, so it looks more professional jumping from storehosue to storehosue, but if I press a button the top left layout doesn´t change to the actualy player.
Fixed, thank you :)
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 18 Aug 2014, 12:57

i do have a question, if you place 1 human player and add 11 ai players. if you apply multiplayer build script will all 11 ai players build defend and attack?
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 18 Aug 2014, 13:08

i do have a question, if you place 1 human player and add 11 ai players. if you apply multiplayer build script will all 11 ai players build defend and attack?
Yes they will. The 8P restriction is just on slots in the lobby, so as long as the AIs aren't added from the lobby you can have 11 and they will work as normal.
<<

CoolReply's

Post 18 Aug 2014, 13:18

Hi again,

So more details on what I said earlyer:

*I can't remember that it sended a crash report, but I didn't test it later on

*When you raise a chunck of land (x 1, x 2, y 1, y 2 (not those coordinates specifik, but just an example)) to it's maximum capability of raising a chunck, then you can't place a tile on the coordinates: (x 1, y 1) (x 2, y 1), is it fixable?

*and another glitch, if you place a road in the map editor on a steep slope, then the map cant load (and if you place a road in game on a steep slope, the game will crash completely)

*Why I wanted to have 12 players in a lobby is because when you add an ai-player you can give it a team, but now its impossible to get 2 players and 10 other ai players with good teams

I hope that this was helpfull ;D cheers
<<

Freddy

Vagabond

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 20 Aug 2014, 19:48

The grid in the alliances tab is kinda overflowing to the right in the MapEd. Also for Czech (and probably other languages), the text overflows in the agressiveness setup for all AI players button and title (the new button).
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 21 Aug 2014, 09:16

Overflowing text is my fault, I have already fixed it, but not posted it to lewin yet. I think the overflowing text is translators problem, not developers.

Here is fix for czech translation:
text.cze.rar
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 21 Aug 2014, 18:18

Found a bug when AI Can still build when map is a tactic map
Yea thats weird how i did find its a bug?
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 21 Aug 2014, 18:23

Can you make an example? Which tactic map works like that?
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 21 Aug 2014, 22:44

All work like that autobuild must be on and the ai must have store house

Return to “General / Questions”