Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Strangelove's Multiplayer Maps

<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 16 Aug 2014, 18:42

Re: Strangelove's Maps

Sigh, you guys givin' me a hard time! :P But jokes aside - I am glad you are liking it! :)

I've updated my first post with a new version (version 0.9a) and a new preview. The new version should fix all mentioned problems. Most of them were cosmetic tho.
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 16 Aug 2014, 18:44

I just noticed something, you should also check your maps with Can Walk and Can Build, cause there are some unwalkable and unbuildable tiles that need fixing.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

Post 16 Aug 2014, 18:47

I just noticed something, you should also check your maps with Can Walk and Can Build, cause there are some unwalkable and unbuildable tiles that need fixing.
The new Version shouldn't have that problem. A few unwalkable tiles on non-crucial areas might still be there tho.

PS: I've sent you a pm!
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 20 Aug 2014, 22:15

To map blood and ice:

Let the AI put defence points.
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

Post 21 Aug 2014, 22:22

To map blood and ice:

Let the AI put defence points.
I am pretty sure the AI sets defence positions itself, but I am gonna check tomorrow!
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 22 Aug 2014, 15:59

Will there be more missions (soon)? I am looking actualy for a new campaign, that could be added to the Remake. I played 2 of your missions and it was really fun to play and had in my opinion quite the Quality of a good Knights and Merchants Campaign.
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

Post 22 Aug 2014, 17:01

Will there be more missions (soon)? I am looking actualy for a new campaign, that could be added to the Remake. I played 2 of your missions and it was really fun to play and had in my opinion quite the Quality of a good Knights and Merchants Campaign.

Yes, I am currently working on some new maps (for the campaign), but I doubt that they will be ready in time. I also have to replace/rework some existing ones, since they do not meet my style/taste anymore (bad looking imo). The 2 Muliplayer-Maps are currently the only ones I'd consider good enough to be added to the next RC.
Where do I submit them to be added tho?

Anyway... I am happy that you did enjoy the maps! :D
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 22 Aug 2014, 17:07

Well I´m like the "Guard for Singleplayers" of the Remake XD So I´m searching and testing many many maps and ask after that Lewin to add them to their Game, because he is the guy who decides that at the very last.

I think it´s great that there is a topic like here. I think Lewin already have seen this topic. If there is a RC4, or before the next official Release and you have still "only" these 2 missions, I will write Lewin also a pm about my opinion about the map, if he shouldn´t read it here :lol:

Take your time. Better slowly but a good campaign, then fast and later on only the first 2 missions are fun to play :D

However I´m not sure, why I posted that in this topic. I wanted to post it in this topic viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1749#p29957 , not sure If I am drunken or what I did wrong :mrgreen:
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 22 Aug 2014, 17:16

Take your time. Better slowly but a good campaign, then fast and later on only the first 2 missions are fun to play
Exactly. Also, it can be added to next next release or just in map/campaign pack after few months (if there's a need for something like that). I'm looking forward to your campaign as well :). And I have in plans to play your MP maps this weekend, so you will get some feedback about gameplay. Also, this weekend I will work on adding some cool sounds into Canyon and I will probably send you result soon, so stay tuned :).
not sure If I am drunken or what I did wrong
Maybe you're just tired... :)
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

Post 24 Aug 2014, 17:16

I agree with your guys - better slow and good, than fast and meh. Fortunately I got 2 weeks off now, so I should have more time to work on the campaign!

I am also looking forward to canyon with some soundeffects and some multiplayer-feedback on it. Since I've seen my maps way too often already, I am pretty sick of playing them myself haha.

EDIT: Edited my first post and updated the 2 maps with the soundeffects provided my Tiank! Thanks for your guys feedback as well! (:
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 14 Sep 2014, 18:47

We played it today with Paula, on 50 PT, it was good :).
Canyon 50PT.7z
In this game we decided to play without towers. It seems to be more interesting that way, harder (making defence with storehouse didn't work for me ;)). Maybe you should consider disabling them, but it's up to you :).

Also, I can see there're still uncuttable trees (172). I wrote you once, that tree no. 170 is uncuttable as well, but I was wrong. Only 172 can't be chopped.

I was wondering, why you put crabs on this map? There is no beach here :).

There's little building space, which makes player to plan tight, but it's still possible to have decent army (if you don't fail with gold as I did...). I like this map, I really hope it will be in the next release.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

Post 17 Sep 2014, 15:07

We played it today with Paula, on 50 PT, it was good :).
Canyon 50PT.7z
In this game we decided to play without towers. It seems to be more interesting that way, harder (making defence with storehouse didn't work for me ;)). Maybe you should consider disabling them, but it's up to you :).

Also, I can see there're still uncuttable trees (172). I wrote you once, that tree no. 170 is uncuttable as well, but I was wrong. Only 172 can't be chopped.

I was wondering, why you put crabs on this map? There is no beach here :).

There's little building space, which makes player to plan tight, but it's still possible to have decent army (if you don't fail with gold as I did...). I like this map, I really hope it will be in the next release.

Oh damn, always the trees lol. I will check again and upload a new version as soon as i am done. :)

About the crabs... I actually didnt think of it till you just mentioned it haha. I usually always put crabs on the sand-tiles, so the map looks more alive i guess. I will reconsider the crab-placement. You are right... its kinda odd haha.

The little building space and (kind of) limited resources are intended. :)
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

Post 13 Nov 2014, 18:50

Updated Map "Blood and Ice" to Version 1.1. Check first post for more details. Have fun! (:
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

Post 26 Dec 2017, 18:00

Uploaded a "new" map: Canyon 4Player Edition.
Was thinking about making a 4 Player version of that map for a while now, so here you go! ;)

I hope the map is not too campy tho. Have fun!
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 27 Dec 2017, 11:41

Uploaded a "new" map: Canyon 4Player Edition.
Was thinking about making a 4 Player version of that map for a while now, so here you go! ;)

I hope the map is not too campy tho. Have fun!
It is just a step to make it to a 4v4 map;)

Return to “Map Design”