Goals messages are deprecated. use .script instead

<<

gold1

Blacksmith

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 13 Sep 2014, 14:49

Goals messages are deprecated. use .script instead

hey,
was was building my own map. i'm done whit the basic and was doing some adjusting to the ai players and elevation. But i when i start the game the following message apears:
  Code:
Warnings in mission script Goals messages are deprecated. use .script instead Goals messages are deprecated. use .script instead
i have no idea what i did last time. and have no idea how to fix this.

anyone have an suggestion???

greetings,
gold1
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 13 Sep 2014, 14:56

Re: Goals messages are deprecated. use .script instead

Hmm Lewin or Krom will give you a correct answer soon probably, but I will try to give you an answer until they will write sth.

Probably you have the winning and loosing goal in the normal .dat File (Static script) , made with some editor, right ? I think this warning shold tell you that you should use the .script file and write your winning and loosing goals there now.
Is it a mission with dynamic scripts?
<<

gold1

Blacksmith

Post 13 Sep 2014, 15:13

it is indeed a mission whit dynamic scripting. so i think you're right.

but how can i remove the goals then? i can't see them in the goals list in the editor.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 13 Sep 2014, 15:29

Hi,
In the original game KaM the in-game messages (scrolls) were sent using a "goal" in the .DAT mission file (or added to that file through Lewin's Mission Editor). But in KaM Remake we have changed the way you display messages in-game to be set using dynamic scripts, which is a way to write script code that is executed while the game runs.

If you don't care about in-game messages you can safely ignore those warnings (after you save and load again with the map editor I think they should disappear anyway).

If you do care about in-game messages: for an example of how to use dynamic scripts to display a message open in a text editor: Tutorials\Battle Tutorial\Battle Tutorial.script and Battle Tutorial.eng.libx. You need to create files like those for your map. Just ask if you need more detailed help :)
<<

gold1

Blacksmith

Post 13 Sep 2014, 16:25

oke resave worked.

thx for the fast response.

Return to “Map Design”