lava valley

<<

gold1

Blacksmith

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 01 Jun 2014, 16:39

lava valley

hello,

i have been trying to beat the lava valley(r5503). but i keep failing. I manage to beat the first attack but when the knights comes i lose my nearly my entire army. And after that they seand a whole army again. Even a building a rush city won't work because you got only 10min time.

Does anyone ahve a replay or a tip/trick how i can win this map??

greets,

gold1

edit:
@skyper what version did you use?? and if you didn't use r5503 where can i download your version?
Last edited by gold1 on 01 Jun 2014, 18:15, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Skypper

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 01 Jun 2014, 16:57

Re: lava valley

this is a replay of the first 13 minutes.
It isn't very good, did 2 tries and this was the result, i survive the knight/barb attack around the 10th minute.
perhaps if you do another try you will have more troops left than i did

PS. you can also try single unit formation.
It is not a really nice way to fight, but it is quite effective
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 01 Jun 2014, 19:05

I used R6157.
Link
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

grindavik

Serf

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 25 Dec 2014, 16:07

Aa, so that's why probably you could pass this attack. Because I had the same problem as "gold1", initial attacks are simply unbeatable..maybe it was fixed in R6157? I will download this version and see if there is any difference.
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 25 Dec 2014, 19:09

initial attacks are simply unbeatable
Which version of the remake are you claiming the initial attacks of Lava Valley to be unbeatable? I have never tried to beat this map, but now you're making me interested!
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 25 Dec 2014, 19:12

initial attacks are simply unbeatable
Which version of the remake are you claiming the initial attacks of Lava Valley to be unbeatable? I have never tried to beat this map, but now you're making me interested!
Let me translate that for you: challenge accepted :D
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 25 Dec 2014, 19:55

Let me translate that for you: challenge accepted :D
:lol: Yeah, you know perfectly well that I have never failed to beat any map I have ever attempted, and I'm always up for a challenge if time permits. (Remember when I beat TPR 14 coop in r6157? That was fun!!). I just would like to know which version he's playing in to see if I can beat it and post a replay to change his mind.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 25 Dec 2014, 20:33

he said he was using r5503? :P go get him tiger!
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 27 Dec 2014, 02:08

Lava Valley Perfect Game Replay

I think you're right, since the first version after r5503 was r6157 (RC1).

Not only is the initial attack survivable, but this mission can be won in 2h15m12s without losing any units. That is, I have played another perfect game. :)
(This is a full-working replay.)
cmowla Lava Valley 0 Losses (r5503).zip
This would have been a lot easier to achieve if the human player's initial army wasn't so LARGE, but I managed to have every mouth fed. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 27 Dec 2014, 12:18

Re: Lava Valley Perfect Game Replay

I think you're right, since the first version after r5503 was r6157 (RC1).

Not only is the initial attack survivable, but this mission can be won in 2h15m12s without losing any units. That is, I have played another perfect game. :)
(This is a full-working replay.)
cmowla Lava Valley 0 Losses (r5503).zip
This would have been a lot easier to achieve if the human player's initial army wasn't so LARGE, but I managed to have every mouth fed. :D
New beaten mission from cmowla... I'm starting to think about making some new challenging mission for you.
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 27 Dec 2014, 15:00

Re: Lava Valley Perfect Game Replay

LOL!
Complaining about starting with too many soldiers... :p
<<

grindavik

Serf

Post 28 Dec 2014, 15:13

Ok, finally with help from "Skypper" I have beaten first attack, but then again I failed with following attacks.There is no time for building a new camp, new warriors, I built 20 towers and still enemy is sending new units! masaccre..I will now download this "zero losses" file and r5503 version to see how do you play this game, because I heard a lot in other forums that you passed some missions without producing new army and not loosing any unit! For me it's unimaginable, even if I have been playing this game for more than 10 years, felt already some kind of veteran, but when I see your achievements I am jealous because it looks like I haven't discovered yet the secret of this game..Hoping to see it soon, because KaM must bring enjoy and not frustration.
<<

grindavik

Serf

Post 28 Dec 2014, 18:29

..and I only saw the very end of "no losses" win:/ Eh.. how do you do that guys, tell me..hocus-pocus:)?
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 28 Dec 2014, 23:54

..and I only saw the very end of "no losses" win:/ Eh.. how do you do that guys
Correction: I appear to be the only one with a desire to lose 0 troops. (Maybe I am the only one who dares to try.)

I had a lot of trouble producing this 0 loss replay as opposed to the other two in my signature and my TSK mission 0 loss replays (they are in this post) because the replay broke at about 5 different points in the game, and I had to go and redo those sections to make a full-working replay.
tell me..hocus-pocus:)?
It's all in the replay. If you pay close attention to the small details, it should be quite obvious what you need to do. You simply need to duplicate my methods and be as determined as The Terminator was to kill Sarah Connor. By doing so, you will win without losing any units. :wink:

I went through the trouble of making a full-working replay for you to see how it can be done (and also to see if it can be done, out of curiosity)...just watch it. :) If you still have questions after watching the replay a few times, just ask a specific question for a specific point in the game time, and I will explain my play.

Lastly, having a 0 loss win in a long game also obviously means that you know how to build a city which can feed your villagers and troops as well, so you can take a look at how I handled feeding all units...I had several close calls at the first feeding time.
LOL!
Complaining about starting with too many soldiers... :p
Vortamic was a similar situation, but at least I could build a market and trade for food. But you're right, I too never thought there would be a day when I appreciated fewer troops...if you watch the replay, you will see that I only used most (but not all) of the iron troops and all of the bowmen. The rest I just had on the side consuming food. :)
New beaten mission from cmowla... I'm starting to think about making some new challenging mission for you.
That sounds exciting, but I won't hold you to it. If you find the time and have the desire, however, I have no objections! :)

Skypper made a build and fighting map (which I don't believe has been made public) in which had a script produce new reinforcements throughout the entire game. On my second try, I won his map without reloading saves, but it was really difficult to beat (at least in a decent amount of time) without reloading saves because destroying buildings and killing serfs was not the stop of new spawning troops.

I think a very hard map for me would be a combination of your impeccable defense in Two Sides (which you know I won without reloading saves) combined with a dynamic script to produce a lot of troops. That is, the AI should have both a very strong defense and very strong offense. As an analogy, "for every head I cut off, you need to form two new ones". You can see in my Lava Valley replay that Andreus implemented a decent offense, but his defense is as poor as TSK20's. Your Two Sides' defense is excellent, and your offense is pretty good, but not the absolute best.

Perhaps you can simply add a dynamic script in Two Sides to produce even more troops than your towns do and have them attack me twice as often or something to perfect the offense (and perhaps program spawned xbows to attack the nearest troop instead of attacking a certain building). (This of course would be a custom map for me, as I don't think anyone else would have the stomach to play it.)
<<

grindavik

Serf

Post 29 Dec 2014, 14:46

Thank you very much Cmowla:), I really appreciate your help, but I downloaded your file, installed the game r5503 ( because normally I played r6720) and when opening the replay on the game I could only saw last 30 seconds of your gameplay. What shall I do to watch the whole replay?

Return to “Strategy Central”