3v3 map with only 2 iron locs and 4 only leather locs

would be great
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 08 Mar 2015, 22:36

Re: Tiank's Maps

Wow, thanks Zoltan, I'm glad you liked it ;). I would think about making it into 3v3, but recently I don't have much time for KaM related stuff, so don't expect it soon.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 03 May 2015, 10:51

Heyho,

In the Middle of Nowhere:
-This is awsome wild and nature! I like it! I feel the cold of the poles:D

BTP:
-I just watched the uploaded picture and i like the paintings, mainly the destroyed bridge idea. The double bridge on the left is cool also.
WoW job:D
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 04 Aug 2015, 10:37

I made another map, it's iron only, with almost unlimited food and limited 16 builders from start. Mirrored locations, vertical building style and a lot of set up variations. 12 locs to choose from, different fighting areas at each side - left is more mounty, while right has more open field with only river in the middle. Trading food is blocked, no leather nor towers allowed.

It's for max 8 players, but can be played for example 1v1 or 2v2 top vs bottom, 3v3 or 4v4 left vs right. I would like to get feedback about fights in different set ups.

Have fun with iron spam! :D

Top location

Overview
Ironic.7z
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Brolian

Recruit

Post 04 Aug 2015, 16:09

I saw your lates 2 map for multiplayer. That is 3rd. And i must say that map is very good.
Ofc players can play like 6v6. but start position all to play 1v1, where first player start left corner UP, and second player left corner DOWN. So 2 players on that large map can be close.
I think its good idea to make one start position and next copy>paste, because i see all players have same ammount of resources. And no one can choose better place at start :-)
Good point is that start position offer easy built up and its convenient.
Only one tip i think the storehouses are to close to bridge, not enought place for example 1 group with swordman and 2 groups with crossbow man.
For me that map is very good :-)
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 04 Aug 2015, 19:00

It can't be played 6v6, only 4v4 max, but you can choose from 12 locs. And you're right, all locs are the same, so it's about skill now, who can build better, faster, to be stronger so he can hit harder.* :)

*Daft pun(k) intended.
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 20 Sep 2017, 18:34

Here's my new 1v1 map. I wanted to make it in a city theme, as there are none maps like that afaik. You build in the city, you fight in the city (you can't attack any AI's citizens nor buildings though). It's pretty hard to build because of limited space, attacking is hard, but the map is not that campy imo (small bridges at entrances are hard to get through, but there's always second, wider entrance for each loc. I'm thinking about making 12p map based on this concept and using those 2 locs as well. But let's not get ahead of ourselves yet ;) Here are some screenshots:

Loc 1:

Loc 2:

Main battlefield with backdoor passage:

Starting wares:

One of hard-working citizens - Barry the Baker:

Another hard-working citizen - James the Smelter:

Replay from one of test games (after this game I made small entrance bridges a whole one tile wider and changed some minor things in looks):
City Struggle gg long.7z
Map itself:
City Struggle gg long.7z
I'm looking forward to getting some feedback, as there weren't that many games played on this map...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 22 Sep 2017, 13:01

:) I found some new objects. Good one! My favourite part is the tunnel on the right top.

Building seems one-line or one-way and yes, definitely not the easiest category. Maybe the locations are bit campy becuase the small entrances. But it is necessary for a long game, true?

I'm curious how did you set that the AI is not attackable?
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 22 Sep 2017, 16:19

Thanks thunder, glad you like it! Map is not that campy, it's campy enough to wait a bit and reinforce yourself after you've lost first battle, and not that campy to have too long games (check replay I uploaded in previous post). I think it's a good amount of campiness for a 1v1 map :D Oh, and you can shoot the city of your enemy = cripple his economy.

About AI in the middle: it's allied with players. And in order to not have shared fog, I asked Strangelove for help :) Here's the script he wrote:
  Code:
procedure OnMissionStart; var p: Byte; begin //Dont share Vision with AI Players Actions.PlayerShareFog(2, 0, false); Actions.PlayerShareFog(3, 0, false); Actions.PlayerShareFog(2, 1, false); Actions.PlayerShareFog(3, 1, false); //Cover All for p := 0 to States.StatPlayerCount() -1 do Actions.FogCoverAll(p); //Reveal certain areas of the map for Human Players Actions.FogRevealRect(0, 16, 1, 84, 35); Actions.FogRevealRect(1, 1, 36, 40, 101); end;
As you can see, the second part is just to reveal the rectangle area.
<<

MickeyMouseXD

Serf

Post 22 Sep 2017, 19:06

AWESOME!!!!

Return to “Map Design”