Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Vatrix's Campaign Fixes

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 24 Apr 2015, 20:14

Re: Vatrix's Campaign Fixes

I think you should leave them alone, but if these changes are added then I won't complain.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 24 Apr 2015, 20:21

I think you should leave them alone, but if these changes are added then I won't complain.
Thank you, Ben.
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 25 Apr 2015, 10:28

From now on I will post here every finished mission with it's changelog. If you find any problems, just write it here. :wink:

Mission 1 Finished:
--old--

Changelog:
- fixed bad tiles
- fixed bad elevation
- fixed attacks
- changed uncuttable trees around pre-built woodcutter
- decreased left tower's hp to make it harder to save
- moved initial attacking army to player 4 and 5
- added script to make initial attack work as in TSK
- blocked unused units
- added fields to farm
Last edited by Vatrix on 22 Aug 2015, 15:28, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 25 Apr 2015, 10:55

I agree with dirt fixes, but IMO some of the sand spots should remain - they make the terrain look richer.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 25 Apr 2015, 11:13

I agree with dirt fixes, but IMO some of the sand spots should remain - they make the terrain look richer.
Maybe yes, but it looks quite odd when tile has sharp end. Maybe someone can do new tiles which will be more "polished".
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 26 Apr 2015, 18:56

That's the crux of mapmaking imo. Some people perceive beauty differently. It doesn't help that people (well, at least myself) change their opinions on what looks good from time to time.
For example, I agree with Krom that the sharp tiles in the sand look okay. For me, it is fine. Tiank is probably the most notable for pointing out these "sharp tiles." Though I am thankful for his insight, I often don't change these tiles in my maps, as I see a certain beauty in them. It's rustic, like the traditional KaM maps.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 04 Aug 2015, 12:37

One Simple Question

Should I continue fixing campaigns? I had plans to make two versions of TSK - "Original" and my version with some improvements, TPR - same as TSK, TBR - no idea how to continue with this campaign :? and my OWN campaign. But I do not know if someone still cares about it, cause KaM looks like it's dying these days. So what do you think? I'll appreciate all ideas of remaining Knights of KaM. (:
<<

Brolian

Recruit

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 04 Aug 2015, 13:38

Hello :-)
So to answer Your last post, i planed to create capaign too. I made first mission, but that's all.
In mine opinion, too create one mission need many time. I made first mission with some scripts and with storyline. Many hours to make, and.... Only like 20 minutes to end that mission, and i do not end map look like. That map and maps singleplayer what i saw are same, play once and forgot about that :/

Annoiyng is some people on that forum, they only write about map look like.
Mine opinion better is make map where we can choose many gameplay styles and have many things on one map.
So today i play one gamestyl, after 2 hours change some settings by using scrips and again play on that same made on little changed gamestyle.

On capaign missions what i saw, we must "only" build and destroy enemy or just destroy enemy. That type of maps its for one time play.
That's mine opinion :-)
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 04 Aug 2015, 14:08

@Brolian: your post doesn't really answer Vatrix's question, it's just your opinion about maps and campaigns' gameplay.

@Vatrix: I think it's good to finish what you've started. Just because community is rather dead now, doesn't mean it won't awake one day. Fixing TSK and TPR is great work and once started, it would be nice to see it's finished.

About your own campaign: it takes a huge amount of time to make a campaign, but imo it's worth the effort. And Brolian is right, to make it even more interesting, with special maps, it takes even more time. Honestly, for now, I doubt that there're gonna be many new campaign enthusiast, but the experience you will gain might be useful in other projects (yeah, I have KP in mind ;)) and also it makes your imagination and creativity grow (story and map solutions, ideas). So if only you have time now to focus on such stuff and if you have an idea for campaign and story you want to share, then you might give it a shot :)
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 07 Aug 2015, 15:27

Re: One Simple Question

Should I continue fixing campaigns? I had plans to make two versions of TSK - "Original" and my version with some improvements, TPR - same as TSK, TBR - no idea how to continue with this campaign :? and my OWN campaign. But I do not know if someone still cares about it, cause KaM looks like it's dying these days. So what do you think? I'll appreciate all ideas of remaining Knights of KaM. (:
If you do like to continue, I do not see any reason why not to. Even if the community seems inactive, their sure always will be a few, including myself, that are going to appreciate the fixes. For the fixes itself, I'd only "fix" sharp edges, and leave the gamestyle as it was in the original.
About your own Campaign, I do not know yet. The title is suggesting some simularity to my own campaign.
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 07 Aug 2015, 16:55

Thank you all, as I see at least someone is still caring - and that matters :-) ! I'll finish what I've started.

@Strangelove
Title TBR means The Barbarian Territory. It's Islar's unfinished campaign, which I took care of. But I don't know how to continue in his steps, so I was thinking about making my own campaign. I have only idea for my campaign so far, so maybe it will never be completed, it depends on forum activity and my laziness :wink:
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 11 Aug 2015, 18:11

The Peasants Rebellion
Mission 1:
- fixed initial attack
- moved AI start positions for attack to work
- changed number of enemy troops
- changed enemy attack timings to fit into Remake (Remake has faster fights)
--old--

EDIT: forgot to mention - changed starting city of human player, it now matches conquered city from mission 9.
Last edited by Vatrix on 20 Aug 2015, 20:27, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 11 Aug 2015, 18:38

TPR01 seems to be working fine now :) Maybe one minor tweak - hide this group, so it's more surprising? :) Image
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 11 Aug 2015, 18:40

TPR01 seems to be working fine now :) Maybe one minor tweak - hide this group, so it's more surprising? :) Image
Working on it with Strangelove ;)

*EDIT: Fixed ;)
Last edited by Vatrix on 12 Aug 2015, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 12 Aug 2015, 13:21

The Peasants Rebellion

Mission 2:
- again completely reworked attacks
- attack is now a little different than in tpr, now makes more sense, but the difficulty is the same (i think :D)
- colors changed a bit
- left village changed to match the SAME village from tpr 1
--old--
MIssion 3:
- changed and moved some defence positions
- filled villages with units and wares to make it feel like it is there for some time (see tpr 2 before and now in mapED)
- some minor fixes for mission to work with Remake's engine
- blah blah blah, who even reads this, you want to play! :D
--old--
Last edited by Vatrix on 20 Aug 2015, 20:27, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Map Design”