Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Empire

<<

Huggles

Woodcutter

Post 18 Jun 2016, 15:59

Empire

It has been a long time since you left your homeland. For months you have been wandering around, looking for the perfect location to settle and create your empire. On your way you encountered people with the same goal you have had for all this time: creating the largest empire of world. Knowing these people will not bend the knee for you voluntarily, you decide to conquer them, one by one.

The game introduces two new phases/elements to the world of Knights and Merchants.

Nomad: Instead of starting with your warehouse out on a fixed location, you start with just a scout. You can walk around with this scout to find the perfect spot to create your village. However, you never know whether your enemies will be around the corner…!

Simply place the warehouse by choosing it from the build menu and placing it on your preferred location. Make sure to have one square available at the opening, otherwise you will not be able to use it. From the start of the map you have exactly three minutes to do this, otherwise you will be instantly defeated.

Empire: This map can only be played free for all. However, it does add the game element of creating alliances with others. How do you do this? Simply destroy someone’s first warehouse (the one placed during the Nomad phase) far enough, and he will become your ally. As you are now converted to the enemy, all of your previous alliances will be over. You will however be allied to all your conqueror’s allies.

Here are some hints & tips:
-When you try to conquer someone, make sure not to cripple his economy or settlement too much: you are killing him because you want him to be part of your empire and be able to fight for you to enlarge your empire. He will be no use to you when he has no economy to run on.
-When you are conquered you will receive a small shipment of goods and units to make sure you can rebuild your city. This is however not enough to last a long time, so make sure you get up and running again quickly!
A new map with a new concept! The last few days I've been testing this map on the live servers, and the majority of the feedback was overwhelmingly postive.

As my map making skills absolutely suck, feel free to use the script on any map you like. Provide proper credits for the script however when you use it!

Version 1.15: Peacetime is now implemented and is always on 60min!
Version 1.16: Some minor tweaking to scouts & peacetime
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Huggles on 15 Jul 2016, 08:57, edited 4 times in total.
<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 18 Jun 2016, 19:47

Re: Empire

A new map with a new concept!
I wonder if the lack of storehouses is a part of the new concept.

Other than that, elevate those mountains. Add more objects, and then re-release it, I think ;)

Edit: Thanks for the further explanation. You could check out other maps (by To, The Dark Lord, koczis12 etc.) to try and polish the map (but don't copy!). ;)
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 21 Jun 2016, 07:16

Check out especially koczis' maps if you want to polish map, as he is Polish ;-)

But more serious now, I like the idea, it's really interesting! However, is it possible at start that one player kills another player's Scout? If yes, then it should be changed imo, so all players ale allies for those 3 minutes. Btw, isn't that too much time? Maybe 2 minutes would be enough, it will also decrease probability of 2 players being too close to each other. Just some thoughts for now, but I would like to try it one day :-)
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 23 Jun 2016, 05:11

Ha! It was only a matter of time before someone beat me to it. I was working on such an idea a while ago...gave it up though since it's too complicated to balance.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Huggles

Woodcutter

Post 10 Jul 2016, 17:11

Check out especially koczis' maps if you want to polish map, as he is Polish ;-)

But more serious now, I like the idea, it's really interesting! However, is it possible at start that one player kills another player's Scout? If yes, then it should be changed imo, so all players ale allies for those 3 minutes. Btw, isn't that too much time? Maybe 2 minutes would be enough, it will also decrease probability of 2 players being too close to each other. Just some thoughts for now, but I would like to try it one day :-)
There is now a peacetime of 60min implemented! So it is impossible to kill each others scouts at the start

Ha! It was only a matter of time before someone beat me to it. I was working on such an idea a while ago...gave it up though since it's too complicated to balance.
It was a challenge to create the script indeed, however i think i did quite the job :) I think the map is in need for major improvement, but thats up to the community (as i said in the post, i freaking fail at map making :'))
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 11 Jul 2016, 07:26

I played it few times now and I like it :) Script is really well done! 3 minutes for placing storehouse is a good time.

I'm currently working on a map in Empire style, but it will take some time before it's finished ;)
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Huggles

Woodcutter

Post 14 Jul 2016, 19:03

I played it few times now and I like it :) Script is really well done! 3 minutes for placing storehouse is a good time.

I'm currently working on a map in Empire style, but it will take some time before it's finished ;)

Awesome! Let me know when its done :)
<<

savvym

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 16 Jul 2016, 02:26

How is it going?

Return to “Map Design”