Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Valley of Peace

<<

Aasfresser

Farmer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 16 Jun 2017, 17:43

Valley of Peace

Here I am sharing my newest creation. It is a two Player Coop map that adds a new spin to the whole thing. The two of you are able to send each other resources! This feature is extremly important throughout the mission since Player 1 is under constant attacks and can't build Farms. That results in Player 1 being depending on Player 2 to produce food and leather for him to be able to defend from the onslaught of your enemy. After Player 2 got a big town up and started to build an army its time to strike back! But the castle you have to conquer is heavily fortified and not easy to breach.
This map gave me and Totengraeber a run for its money. The combat is designed to be challenging and building your town as Player 2 is interestingly different since you constantly have to supply two towns! As soon as you are able to attack the map doesn't dissapoint. Breaching the castle is a challenge and requires you to work together with your mate or the two of you will fail. So work together in both combat aswell as economy to overcome the Tyrant and become the rightful King of the country!
Here the map description:

Version 1.10 made by Aasfresser
PLEASE READ THE MAP INFORMATION
The Valley of Peace lost its peaceful times. The king was assasinated by his uncle who is now sitting on the Iron Throne. You, the son of the king and now true king of Aszonia managed to flee to the harbor town Delaria. You fought of the first attacks, but the tyrant wont stop until your dead. They started to siege the castle with catapults and are trying to starve us out. But luckly not all citizens and soldiers started to follow the tyrant!
Important:
Player 1 has to mostly defend his base while Player 2 builds his town up. So if you enjoy fighting Player 1 is for you while Player 2 is more for the people who love to build big towns. ||You are able to exchange resources through the marketplace! Whenever you trade FOR flour you send your teammate the resources you used to "SELL" FOR the flour. Normal trade is disabled for this mission so you can only use your Markets to exchange resources remember that. Player 1 can have 2 Markets total while Player 2 can have up to 5 at the same time.
The Iron and Gold Mines of player 1 don't ever run out of resources to mine!
The Gold and Coal Mines of player 2 run at higher efficency as usual
This map has a pretty high difficulty level please remember to safe often.
Recruits can be automatically produced by turning repair ON in your Schoolhouse. Then you have to produce 1 Recruit by hand to start the autoproduction chain.
Big thanks to Totengraeber helping me to test and balance the map and you for playing this map! Hope you enjoy!

Edit: Update to 1.11 / Might have fixed the lag issuses, not sure though :)

The map:

A few Screenshots:

To see more you gotta play it yourself ;) !
Hope you enjoy and have fun with the map
With best wishes
Aasfresser
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Aasfresser on 09 Jul 2017, 11:50, edited 2 times in total.
<<

_Totengraeber_

Serf

Post 16 Jun 2017, 17:51

Re: Valley of Peace

I really enjoyed this map! We played it in both positions, and both are a unique challange for themselves. Trust me you wont get dissappointed when trying to breach into the enemy castle. Last playthrough I had 0 soldiers left to equip when we finally destroyed the last Stronghold :P

So grap a friend and try to beat to tyrant!

And tell us how you liked it! Looking forward to hear your opion!
<<

Black

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 17 Jun 2017, 14:11

Hi, seems a really nice map, good job :)
I try to play the map alone one minute and i noticed a quite heavy lag, which sadly makes the map unplayable. Maybe is due to something in the scripts, but you seem to have played the map with no problems...
<<

Aasfresser

Farmer

Post 17 Jun 2017, 14:40

Thanks for checking it out! I just tried it again both in single and multiplayer and experienced no lag what so ever. Dunno why its happening to you.
<<

Black

Warrior

Post 17 Jun 2017, 16:19

I actually don't know, i don't think it's my PC, cause it only happens with this map;
I test the map without the script file and it doesn't lag anymore. Probably there is something in the scripts that goes wrong with my pc. I hope this only happens to me ( i'm so lucky as usual :P ). I will check the map with a friend tomorrow, to see if the map goes well with him.

The bad thing is that i have only 1 pc, so there is no way to play the map for me at the moment :(
<<

Aasfresser

Farmer

Post 17 Jun 2017, 18:10

Hmm yeah lets hope it goes fine with your friend tomorrow :D
<<

Black

Warrior

Post 19 Jun 2017, 08:20

Bad to say, but my friend has the same lag on his pc, in multiplayer as in singleplayer :( It's sad, maps seems really interesting, but i haven't understand yet what in specific cause this problem....
<<

_Totengraeber_

Serf

Post 19 Jun 2017, 15:22

Mmm, thats weird. We both had 0 problems with lag so far. Anyone else tried it out?
<<

seluce

Peasant

Post 20 Jun 2017, 22:00

Looks nice. we will try it soon and give you some feedback :)
<<

Aasfresser

Farmer

Post 22 Jun 2017, 18:23

Did anyone else test the map and had any issues?
<<

Instrument

Laborer

Post 27 Jun 2017, 21:09

Hello, nice map, we liked it lot. No lags for our games, but autorecruit didnt work at all.

First try our time was over 11h, next one was 6h 20min. Its possible to win this under 5h.

<<

Aasfresser

Farmer

Post 02 Jul 2017, 15:08

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it! It's defnitely possible to win this in under 6 hours (Totengraber and I did that already :P )but under 5 hours is an interesting challenge :)

The autorecruit works fine but I guess my description is pretty bad. You have to turn repair ON and then queue 1 Recruit in your School to start the chain of autoproduction ;). i will update that!

Also thank god you didn't have any lag issues cause I have still no idea why Black had some :D
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

Post 02 Jul 2017, 15:27

Do you happen to have a replay of it? :)
The map looks very interesting and certainly not easy!
Good job!
Do you want to play with/against me? Just write me a PM :D
<<

Black

Warrior

Post 02 Jul 2017, 17:21

I'm glad no one else have problems with lag; i still haven't find a solution... Someone have any idea on what can cause this problem?
<<

Toxic

Rogue

Post 02 Jul 2017, 19:14

I'm glad no one else have problems with lag; i still haven't find a solution... Someone have any idea on what can cause this problem?
There are errors in your script - every second more than 20. This may affect performance when you have a slow hard drive (For each log there must be loaded the *.LOG file then add a new line and finally save the whole file again). Fix errors and it will be smooth.

Return to “Map Design”