Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Csepel 3v3

<<

thejoliejooker

Farmer

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 28 Aug 2014, 17:04

Csepel 3v3

Hi guys, after a long time, I've tried to create a new map. Work is still in progress,(the new patch will also give a chance to develop it everytime) I just wanted get some critics about it. ( The Csepel-island inspired me, that is where I live)
It's an XL 3v3 for long games. (90 PT recommended)

Some pictures:

Minimap:

Full size:

The middle and also the biggest battlefield on the map:

The starting gear:

Deposit infos:

1-6 -> 1500 stone | 436 gold | 500 iron | and a common 3137 coal field with 2-5
2-5 -> 1300 stone | 380 gold | 400 iron | and a common 3137 coal field with 1-6
3-4 -> 1100 stone | 345 gold | 330 iron | 1236 coal

3-4 can build some towers (2-5 can't) on the other side of their bridges, because they have the tiniest places.
As you can see, the bigger locs of each team are closer to the smallest enemy's loc, but it's hard to rush them, because of the narrow paths, so the whole battlefield could be useful for 6 players.

Many thanks to thunder, who helped me a lot, cheers mate!

Download:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/6zey72
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by thejoliejooker on 01 Mar 2015, 13:36, edited 4 times in total.
jooker
<<

Skypper

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 28 Aug 2014, 17:20

Re: Csepel 3v3

Hi,
I never play MP, but it looks cool!
A lot of resources and starting serfs/builders.
Curious to see how it plays, maybe I will try it with some of my colleges :D

Is there added a script or just normal MP building?
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

thejoliejooker

Farmer

Post 28 Aug 2014, 17:25

Hello there,
That would be great, I haven't run any tests on it yet (just checked the canwalk\etc stuffs). :rolleyes:
It's a normal MP building, yes :)
jooker
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 28 Aug 2014, 19:22

You do better upload somewhere other than file dropper they remove file when its not downloaded for 24h
use mediafire or sendspace or speedyshare
Last edited by Michalpl on 28 Aug 2014, 20:03, edited 2 times in total.
<<

thejoliejooker

Farmer

Post 28 Aug 2014, 19:29

Alright, thanks!
jooker
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 28 Aug 2014, 19:40

Are you having trouble with the forum's attachment feature? I took the liberty to upload the file myself. I trust that you do not mind ;)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 28 Aug 2014, 20:04

Fix some tiles on the map
example x187 109y

Edit to many objects on coal fields reduce them because you can't remove trees and objects from coal
Last edited by Michalpl on 28 Aug 2014, 20:08, edited 2 times in total.
<<

thejoliejooker

Farmer

Post 28 Aug 2014, 20:05

Nope, just didn't know about this feature :D . Thanks bytheway!

E: Fixed :)
jooker
<<

kocsis1david

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 29 Aug 2014, 12:44

It doesn't look a bad map. I play 60x1x1 mainly, and here is my opinion about it:
* The bridges might not be enough for the attacker, who could have a hard time getting into the city. I'm not sure about this, because there are multiple entraces, it needs to be tested.
* 10 builder is really too much.
* The terrain looks a bit empty at some places. I mean the bottom corners and the top left.
* It's hard to build at loc 4, becuase the stone mountains block the way out. Maybe they could be merged.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 29 Aug 2014, 12:51

well i am judging form the screenshot only, but as far as i can see i agree with kosciz, althought with the amount of entrances the bridges might be enough (i'm willing to help you test that ni a game). although i agree about the amount of starting resources, it will not bother me that much since i coudl easily change it and save it as an alternate version. the layout of the map looks interesting, with a few adjustments it could even become a nice ffa or king of the hill (which can also be ffa) map :D
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 29 Aug 2014, 21:54

Hi!

As I already wrote to you respect for the fast job, really. Nice job!
I think to was a great idea to post it because got some usefull feedbacks also.
It doesn't look a bad map. I play 60x1x1 mainly, and here is my opinion about it:
* 10 builder is really too much.
* It's hard to build at loc 4, becuase the stone mountains block the way out. Maybe they could be merged.

*10labourers: I know you would like to make a map for average players or "random" players who are playing with higher speed and longer PT.
Well at first when I've seen the sketch I beilive these locations will be unplyable/unbuildable well under 60mins. Maybe i beilive the size will help to you. Larger size->larger distances etc.
But now I have to tell these locations aren't as hard as look out on 60PT.
We discussed the numbers of labourers, but yes it is hard question:S on higher speed maybe not really counting, but on slow speed yes...This is a dilemma.I know you decide to make the map higher speed. But on higher speed with 10laboures need more stone to the strore just because then you got very early idle labourers. but more stone make more easier your locations.:S Anyway yes, with more labourers the first half of the game will be faster also in time. ->Shorter PT
Well this could be a topic with graphs...

*Location 4 is a very easy loc. David wrote about stonehill which is on the developing direction. As i see loc4 has many ways to build. The players can decide where put his first goldmine, left or right side of the hill. If chose the right side then there are that huge platz for farms or any kind of building. I ve already seen more stranger or detailed locs also in the Remake for example Crystallyn Falls loc7;)

I hope we will see in games also how is the faster start is working.

Again, nice job, much much better than your first headmap;P
<<

kocsis1david

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 30 Aug 2014, 06:29

CF loc 7 is harder, it's true. But I still think it's not good to have a mountain in the middle of your city. It decreases the layouting possibilities. I would be happier with a wider exit from the loc. Furtunately it's a stone mountain, which is better to be close to downtown. I can't say it's an easy loc, even if there are close resources.
<<

thejoliejooker

Farmer

Post 30 Aug 2014, 11:44

Maybe reducing the number of the builders to 6-8 would be better, but yeah, depends on the gametype.
Loc 4 has the preference to start the ironproduce sooner than the loc 3, and as thunder said if you put the goldmines to the right side, you arrive to that big field. You can also use that little path, between the stone mountains, to avoid the crowds. The problem (in my opinion) is that I put that little ironmountain over the storage, that makes the loc a bit closed.
jooker
<<

thejoliejooker

Farmer

Post 14 Feb 2019, 14:38

Wow, like a cemetery. Whatever, I've made some changes, if anybody interested. Still not finished, have to balance the deposits, correct some mistakes etc. but overall I upgraded it to a 4v4 map, since 3v3 was just not enough for that size.
jooker
<<

Stocky

Recruit

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 01 Mar 2019, 22:59

Hey those are some nice changes, really appreciate your work ! I knew this map for many years but sadly was never very popular.. but this 8p version has more potential now. Still I think it will need wider entrences for all of those armies since nowadays everybody has pretty big army on pt. Everything else than battlefield is very much ok but we really need more space in todays games. Take a look at Eruption 8P, Rebound8P or Neguno. All these maps are relatively new and I would say modern which means they have open center basically = more fighting space. Please don't take this criticism badly but I really just want some new map to get popular and played and the trend is quite straight with these new generation of MP maps. :)

Return to “Map Design”