Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

How war units work

<<

oldtimer

Serf

Post 12 Aug 2019, 17:18

How war units work

Hello, I know that war units have health defence and attack and cenrtain bonuses against certain enemies but how exactly does defence and attack work since some units have like 4 helath and 35 attack and 1 defence it makes no sense to me, it seems like all units should be destroyed at one hit and they are not, thanks
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 12 Aug 2019, 17:30

Re: How war units work

Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 12 Aug 2019, 18:29

Unlike almost all other games, KaM fights are not "hit reduces enemy hp by its damage", but the "hit is a chance to take one hp off". With that in mind, 1-4hp is plenty enough for a long fight between 2 unlucky units.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 12 Aug 2019, 18:41

1-4hp is plenty enough for a long fight between 2 unlucky units.
Funny story: one time, in one of the earlier versions of KaM Remake, one of my friends and I were playing a 1v1 on Across the Desert.
We were both exploring with our Scout, until we happened to meet each other near the center of the map (we don't really like the peacetime feature).

For the lulz, I ordered my Scout to attack the other one, and they legit duked it out right there until they both starved to death. :lol:
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

oldtimer

Serf

Post 12 Aug 2019, 19:26

Unlike almost all other games, KaM fights are not "hit reduces enemy hp by its damage", but the "hit is a chance to take one hp off". With that in mind, 1-4hp is plenty enough for a long fight between 2 unlucky units.
Thanks for this comment but tell me how does defence work then?
<<

oldtimer

Serf

Post 12 Aug 2019, 19:38

Okay so i know this app and i just didnt notice this feature, btw i find the direction modifiers stupid, if you attack sb from the bottom you are far worse then from the top
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 12 Aug 2019, 19:46

if you attack sb from the bottom front you are far worse than from the top back
:P

Return to “General / Questions”