Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Cursed Ravine

<<

kontr

Post 09 Jul 2014, 14:13

Re: Cursed Ravine

Hi,

No one of these players tried to expand a base. It is a basic strategy: to expand base, gather more space, even after peacetime.
Better economy open new possibilities.
I am really interested to play with you, Ben.

Best.
<<

KaMRemakefan

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 09 Jul 2014, 14:26

Ben will crush you :wink:
KaMRemakefan is a fanchannel on youtube of the game KaM Remake,
click on the link here below to go the fanchannel.
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 09 Jul 2014, 14:52

Ben will crush you :wink:
Ben crushes every player that faces him.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Bludmaster

Bowman

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 09 Jul 2014, 16:05

It is a basic strategy: to expand base, gather more space, even after peacetime.
I disagree. There is a point when bigger base does not give more army.
And building also slows your economy down.
Also if you want some proves we can play 1v1 on cursed 60 PT and if you wish other game with your settings.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 09 Jul 2014, 16:17

It is a basic strategy: to expand base, gather more space, even after peacetime.
Also if you want some proves we can play 1v1 on cursed 60 PT and if you wish other game with your settings.
i agree, a base can hold max 5/6 swinefarms and normal iron production before it does not matter anymore how much you expand. and you can fit this base in your normal locspace on most of the maps you play.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 09 Jul 2014, 16:22

In theory kontry is right. There is normaly no limit in expanding a city. However in KaM that doesn´t work. Iron,fish,coal,gold and co gets empty. If you have a Gamestyle/map like the style of The Settlers, you would be right. There is no rational explanation why a certain limit of farms,mines etc. is optimal.
<<

Bludmaster

Bowman

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 09 Jul 2014, 16:47

In theory kontry is right. There is normaly no limit in expanding a city. However in KaM that doesn´t work. Iron,fish,coal,gold and co gets empty. If you have a Gamestyle/map like the style of The Settlers, you would be right. There is no rational explanation why a certain limit of farms,mines etc. is optimal.
Actually there is. Even if youll get right amount of farms/pig farms/ woodcutters/ weapon production etc (Talking about big numbers like 15 farms 9 pig farms ...). And people will not block each other inside that town (for sure they will but IF). Then there is always 1 point where they become block each other and that slows economy more than anything. Its in front of barracks.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 09 Jul 2014, 16:56

That´s why I meant "in theory". In "Theory" you can destroy your existing storehouse and build 4 new storehouses on every side of your town :P Sure noone would do that in our known Multiplayer Game, but I know some people from other games that just like to try new things and wanna see how their economy will run after 4 hours for example. Sure there are always problems, like blocking but they can be solved .
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 09 Jul 2014, 17:29

I was doing a little test with big (and by big I mean REALLY big) city, where I was planning every little piece of it from the beginning, the city took me about 12 hours (with 10x speed of course) to build and everything ran well, even when I was occupying half of the map. I think the only thing which can limit you from building enormous city is the size of map. I didn't finish it, but this confirmed that KaM is really game with unlimited possibilities.
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

Post 09 Jul 2014, 21:45

i agree, a base can hold max 5/6 swinefarms and normal iron production before it does not matter anymore how much you expand. and you can fit this base in your normal locspace on most of the maps you play.

Hi,
I cannot agree, that base is able to hold only 5 or 6 swinefarms. It is possible to locate about 12 (on loc 8 for example) in 90 mins of peacetime very easy.
It does matter, how far the base is expanded. If you have inner space, you cannot do that, or it is very complicated. So every outer space, from its own start, is simply better than inner one.
Well, we need to check our strategies one time: we will see who is right!
<<

kontr

Post 09 Jul 2014, 21:53

Yes, you are right, Sir. But my point is to build a line of towers before the new land is settled/organised. It does new space for army: and keep the enemies further your strategical buildings. It is better to defend/attack, especially 2vs2 (1+2 vs 5/6). I call this strategy moving towers and am able to proof my right attitude.
Doing markets is very helpful: it allows to exchange sources: when I place for example 5 new woodcutters, I am able to transfer wood to weapon or whatever. I am 5 woodcutters more than before. And I am in better situation.

There is only food problem, later: but doing inns solve it successfully.
<<

kontr

Post 09 Jul 2014, 21:56

Actually there is. Even if youll get right amount of farms/pig farms/ woodcutters/ weapon production etc (Talking about big numbers like 15 farms 9 pig farms ...). And people will not block each other inside that town (for sure they will but IF). Then there is always 1 point where they become block each other and that slows economy more than anything. Its in front of barracks.
Hi,

In my peacetime base I have at least 20 farms and 10 swinefarms. 125 serfs and 32 builders. There is not jam.
Serfs are not blocking each other. We need to check it, I mean play together!
<<

kontr

Post 09 Jul 2014, 21:59

That´s why I meant "in theory". In "Theory" you can destroy your existing storehouse and build 4 new storehouses on every side of your town :P Sure noone would do that in our known Multiplayer Game, but I know some people from other games that just like to try new things and wanna see how their economy will run after 4 hours for example. Sure there are always problems, like blocking but they can be solved .
I have no idea, what for to build 4 storehouses, sorry?
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 09 Jul 2014, 22:37

That was a drastic example, like vatrix said when you have a city of 10 hours maybe, then additional storehouses can help, to reduce the traffic jam.

Btw there is an "edit" function, so you haven't to write 3 posts in a row :-)
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 10 Jul 2014, 06:49

Btw there is an "edit" function, so you haven't to write 3 posts in a row
Isn't it available for registered users only? Anyway, it would be nice if you register, kontr ;).

Personally I don't like big bases, it costs too much food to maintain it.

Also, with 2-3 farms you only need one Tannery that would efficently support 2-3 Armory Workshops. With 10 Swine Farms, I assume you'll need 4-5 Tanneries that would support efficently 10-12 Armory Workshops. With less Workshops, your wares are gonna be delivered to storehouse or they're gonna wait in production houses, which is inefficient. However, if every ware is gonna be used, then it may cause traffic jam in front of your Barracks as Blud wrote. Building several Barracks may be a solution, but you're wasting building space and time then. In meantime, your base is already (c)rushed by a good team ;).

Good economy is not enough, cause even if you can spam a lot of units, you can be beaten by a player, who has better maneuveres. Also, after PT, if you are busy with expanding your base, an enemy can take advantage of it (of your lack of focus on the battlefield) and make a hit at your army.

But yeah, that's just theoretical talk. If we meet in a game, we could compare our strategies then. Hopefully it's gonna happen on other map than Cursed Ravine... ;).
Without honour, victory is hollow.

Return to “General / Questions”