<<

BloodTree

Barbarian

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 13 Nov 2012, 21:52

BloodTree`s map storage

Horse land.

Description:
In this map you can see bit realistic woods. Each player start with horse Stable. Each player have large build space and cant run out from resource like 3h game play time.
This map is using To`s map Dead of Winter idea but only what is left from Dead of Winter map it`s idea.
Map is not 100% tested so i hope someone would test it and maybe find something wrong in map.
Update 6 able
After geting lots of negative reviews it`s still hard but ill keep going.

Coming soon Fight MP map 2vs1:

Will you be home tonight

Description:
Idea of map do Kings army will get to home before night comes when woods are full of barbarians.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by BloodTree on 29 May 2013, 18:14, edited 13 times in total.
<<

Bo_

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 13 Nov 2012, 22:15

Re: BloodTree`s map storage

I have an idea for a new game:
Find the 7 differences between Dead of winter and this.
Oh wait you won't even find 7. :(
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 13 Nov 2012, 22:17

I wrote a lot before, but I will just say: Isn't a good map.

Dead of Winter had lots of resources for sure, but yours is ridiulously over resourced... Look at +2000 coal for each player, or lakes with +400 fishes... I would rename your map: Fish Land.

Also you took out the best from DoW map... which were the open passages at top and bottom, connecting allies bases from behind. This is mere pushing, no flanking... iron units can easily be spammed, no brains.
Last edited by Jeronimo on 13 Nov 2012, 22:58, edited 3 times in total.
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

-George Stain-

Axe Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 13 Nov 2012, 22:21

I don't have problem that it's like dead of winter, but map looks pretty imba and there aren't nice details.. need lot of work.. and some things like less fish in watter and spread forest, floating objects, etc..
Image Image Image
<<

BloodTree

Barbarian

Post 13 Nov 2012, 23:52

I wrote a lot before, but I will just say: Isn't a good map.

Dead of Winter had lots of resources for sure, but yours is ridiulously over resourced... Look at +2000 coal for each player, or lakes with +400 fishes... I would rename your map: Fish Land.

Also you took out the best from DoW map... which were the open passages at top and bottom, connecting allies bases from behind. This is mere pushing, no flanking... iron units can easily be spammed, no brains.
Is it trolling?
Please do not post trolling replays!
This map is made for 3h game play time and it means yes you can have lots of iron armored men but is it wrong?
I don`t want popular map I want map for players who like 2h+ game play time and where you don`t run out of resource after 1h.
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 14 Nov 2012, 00:48

Nope, it wasn't trolling. It was jeroniming :)

Respect your reasons, then go on with your map... still I feel you preety copied his "design" more than his "idea".

For your purpose of +3hs game, you could have done a more refreshing map instead, like
for instance.

"Fish Land" was a joke, since there are only 30 horses in each storehouse, however your lakes have plenty more of fishes.
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

BloodTree

Barbarian

Post 14 Nov 2012, 01:18

Nope, it wasn't trolling. It was jeroniming :)

Respect your reasons, then go on with your map... still I feel you preety copied his "design" more than his "idea".

For your purpose of +3hs game, you could have done a more refreshing map instead, like
for instance.

"Fish Land" was a joke, since there are only 30 horses in each storehouse, however your lakes have plenty more of fishes.
Just WTF!

What kinda pokemon is jeroniming?

You want more then 30 horse oh yes how much 400 same as fish really and its not trolling at all. Maybe in your dreams can get out 400 horse from storage!
Before tell is copy, paste Show where it is. And btw show me where in this map any lake or maybe you looking at wrong map.

Can any moderator clean his troll replays?
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 14 Nov 2012, 07:46

Yes it does look like a DoW replica, but we can't criticize on that since its To's decision if he allows it. I do advise you though to come with an unique idea because I think this won't be accepted and it just doesn't look good.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 14 Nov 2012, 12:57

Hey!
I think to this map a nonhorse map. Now i see the locs are really UNBALANCED. Nowadays need lot wood to the games. But here only one forest/loc. Really good idea the lot fishes in the rivers. Some bridges need more work. And the terrian isn the best quality.

BUT!!!
i see you worked a lot with this map!!! Tile by tile. Seem to me its not only IDEA of Dead of Winter its 1:1 that. (seem to me changed colours of the mountain, but the highs spoke)

here is some pics from 1-2 mounintains.

See the stones and trunks on the corner. I think its not really funny. I dont like this version. Sorry.
t

PS.: maybe question To from horses. / Could he give some (5-10)horses to his map./
;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by thunder on 15 Nov 2012, 12:57, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Bo_

Knight

Post 14 Nov 2012, 13:21

Can any moderator clean his troll replays?
Yes moderator, clean the troll replays! Clean the topic. :)
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 14 Nov 2012, 14:31

I see no reason to remove any posts in this topic, except maybe Bo's post. Jeronimo was being pretty serious, except the fish/horse part.

As for the map, I don't see why we need another Dead of Winter with even more resources and looks that aren't nearly as good. I'm not trying to discourage you, but new, more original maps will be far more appreciated.
Judging by the screenshots thunder posted here, you even literally copied parts of Dead of Winter. If I were To I wouldn't give permission for this.
<<

Leeuwgie

Sword Fighter

Post 14 Nov 2012, 16:37

Before I've seen the map I gave permission to clone the original map without copying parts of it. Now that I've seen the map I can see that probably the whole map is copied and Bloodtree has modified most places. I can provide atleast 10 screenshots from all over the map if needed but I think Bloodtree understands my point on this. I'm not discussing the amount of resources or the quality of the map. So Bloodtree, please feel free to rebuild the map to your liking aslong as you don't copy it. Good luck, I know it will take alot of time.

To
No matter what, always keep smiling ~ Bassie (from Bassie & Adriaan)
<<

BloodTree

Barbarian

Post 15 Nov 2012, 04:31

I don`t mind get negative feedback but still feel like troll replays must be removed!
As you all can see Horse land map is not 100% finished and it still need lots of work till it will be done.
In Horse land map I want players get fun not some kind park walking. All 8 loc are not balanced and newer will be and it will make it different i don`t know why in wood must be just some trees, is it really wood if there just some trees.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 15 Nov 2012, 05:39

I don't see any "troll" posts here that need deleting except maybe mr Bo's post as The Dark Lord said. Jeronimo, -George Stain-, Da Revolution and thunder all raised valid points. Jeronimo was joking about "Fishland" (as he said) but the rest of his post was serious. Which posts do you think should be removed and why?

From Thunder's screenshots it seems like you just copied the entire map and edited over it (or at least copied parts of it). To (Leeuwgie) said he doesn't want that, he gave permission to use his ideas but you need to build the entire map from scratch (blank), not editing To's work or copying parts of it.
<<

BloodTree

Barbarian

Post 15 Nov 2012, 06:20

I don't see any "troll" posts here that need deleting except maybe mr Bo's post as The Dark Lord said. Jeronimo, -George Stain-, Da Revolution and thunder all raised valid points. Jeronimo was joking about "Fishland" (as he said) but the rest of his post was serious. Which posts do you think should be removed and why?

From Thunder's screenshots it seems like you just copied the entire map and edited over it (or at least copied parts of it). To (Leeuwgie) said he doesn't want that, he gave permission to use his ideas but you need to build the entire map from scratch (blank), not editing To's work or copying parts of it.
At first of all he did edit his replays and in each of his repay was part of trolling and personal attack and as he sad it`s his style. If it`s normal here fine by me.

At this morning i up update 2 so it looks different and its after he put his screens and before your replay.

Map Horse land is not copy, paste it`s total rebuild in which is keeping idea and yes it bit looks still same. Map is not done yet only when it will not look same it will be finished still lots of work and it`s really hard to keep idea and still not look the same. I have question what is really idea what can see in both maps, top vs bottom or something ells?

Return to “Map Design”