Boarder River8P FtR

<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 21 Nov 2012, 22:55

Boarder River8P FtR

Hello!
Players sometime talk about balancing of the map Boarder River8P.
I discuss some Pro players from this topic before i open. i opened it to everybody could tell his idea and experiences from map.
I think to everybody agree to need balancing for this map. I think to the KaM Remake community make better it.

I analized the map. Four balanced resources island. Every islands have one stronger and one weaker location. (nearly iron mines, nearly gold mines...3-2iron mines...) If an islands are large then have 4 bridges and huge area what need to defend...Smaller islands have less bridges -->less area what need to defend...

I made some sketch and drawing from the ideas and mainly possibilites.

Here is that version where changed only the terrian:
DL:
http://www.mediafire.com/?4hucon232dlctxo
-in the folder find a notes from the changes
-in this verion keep the original fighting area. (large green splotch)
-Loc 3-4 possiblis seem to overpowered, but that territory spammed with lot trees.(Dark blue circles on the picture)

Another version where the stores positions change:
DL:

Pictures shows the plan.

-The fighting area will be less than the older version. Every island could build towers all bridges. Stand war-frontline only on the bridges...(greenpoints)

Here is more picstures:
http://www.mediafire.com/?p4zd2brsw8jqknt
-yellow lines possible defending line
-red lines circles-possible or necesarry changes
-lighten blue-gold iron coal triangle!!! IF the store near these then players loc balanced.
-dark blue- hard spammed area with trees
-green- fighting area.

I played once in Location4, and i dont like all players have own iron mine in 'normal time'. (-YES im .oO. )
;)

Discuss it please!

PS:sorry my english
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 22 Nov 2012, 15:14

Re: Boarder River8P FtR

Hi!

Yesterday talked with Romek more than one hour about the planned changes.
Now here is two maps:
http://www.mediafire.com/?utxnb2it3l90ch5
This is two maps, different only place of the loc3's coal. under the pictures show.

I tried out loc2. I think need to build as same as long road then before, but now the storehouse is more useful because it is centre of the road, not the end of it.
here is a replay from the game:
http://www.mediafire.com/?neh779tr1918kzj
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 22 Nov 2012, 18:54

Location3 test in this situation.
If the coal is up to the ironmountain and coal and iron are in the right mountain.
PT60.

here is a replay from it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?blbm78a63i5b1o3

*I had problems. I wanted to all in the sametime. leather and iron....
**(same feelings to location2)
***PT65 looks out more fine
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 31 Dec 2012, 12:38

Hi!

We changed lot thing under the balancing. I think the picture are show the biggest problem of the map.
FtR1: 3 golmines were there, but then Loc3 was the easiest location, and maybe the strongest too.
FtR7: 1 goldmines with 68 goldore. It seems good option, but the most players has problem with gold, because 'serfs Boom' wasnt coming...
FtR9: 1 goldmines with 98goldore. I tested three it times and it was much- much better, because the player has one longtermgolmine.
FtR10: I think this is the golden way. 2slots with 100gold ore. The players can make fast develop and after Pt will have army.But still have to go to loc4's gold mountain because after PT will exhaust that mountain...

Personaly i like the first version where 3slots and 300 goldore, because all location can make souvenir cities without teammate.

Here is list from the changes what you can find FtR folder too...

So here is a list:
- Deleted slots of centre gold and ironmines (from loc4 and loc6, because those were really unused, or never used...)
+ gold and goldmines equalized 3-4mines(nearly 350gold)/ player; loc56 goldmountain little larger than were
+ stone correction loc2357
+ added 40 fishes to southlake
+ added fishing place underloc4 goldmountain, (its only two square, but really usefull)
+!!! 2 iron mines, 1 goldmountain with two mines(98goldores) and little coalfield added to loc3
-+ equalized iron mountains all has 300 and every pair loc can build 2-3 mines
+ added coal loc467- nearly same amount of it
+ Added 6+11+10 trees to loc5
+ Added 30 trees to loc4 (added 15trees store's forest-bottom of the map and added another 15 to north from goldmountain)
+ Added 8trees loc8
+!!! Location2 store's position changed

+ Repaired some 'bad' tiles.

Fishes: Loc2 fishes, i dont think its need to change because loc2 has the less terrian so here is the hardest to make a perfect leather economy with food...and loc2 doesnt have own fish seem to loc6...

IMO: We dont want to huge changes in the imo. so we just focus the mainly problems.
(So we dont give more space for loc2...FtR8)

P.S.:You can download the maps from 'Lobby'browser on the TeamSpeak.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 09 Mar 2013, 10:00

After 4months...
When anybody asked what did it change on the map...
The most changes are on these two picture.
Already FtR6 has smooth terrian connection.(picture with long blue lines)
Other picture shows FtR11. The red marks are the mainly changes. Yellow and pink marks are balace changes. Blue +/- are changes amount of fishes and yellow crosses are some added trees.

FtR 11 was only on Team Speak. It was the most '"playest'" FtR version. (FtR11b, 12...were just weakly possibilities )

DL:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8t7pek19wvpjl2c

Maybe nowadays this map seems to 'camp map'. I dont know exactly, but this is a fighting on 'the bridges' map originaly;)
Now i hope has better balance then were.;)

This map modified by the KaM Community. Thanks for the Team Speak players for the lot test and report. And special thanks to Mulberry, Da Revolution and Romek for the advices and detailed analyzes.

PS.:i really would like to know who made this classic map:)
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 03 Apr 2013, 10:39

Since Lewin asked for that, and I don't think a new topic is necessary... what do you guys think about version FTR11, should it replace the original Border Rivers 8P in the game?
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 03 Apr 2013, 12:51

Sado, make a new topic with a poll ;)
Last edited by Ben on 03 Apr 2013, 20:48, edited 1 time in total.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 03 Apr 2013, 14:22

Sado, make a new topic with a pole ;)
No, this topic will do fine, I don't really think we need a poll.

I'd just like to say that the current storehouse locations were decided by me back when we first added multiplayer to the Remake, I wanted to try out a game with 8 players (which KaM didn't support). So there's nothing special about the current storehouse positions and changing them is probably quite a reasonable idea.

Return to “Map Design”