Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Auto-Train of Units

<<

Oleg

Lance Carrier

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 15 Feb 2013, 02:53

Auto-Train of Units

Ok have you ever played multiplayer or campaign and frogot to train units or need to concentrate on something else? I have so I think KAM Remake should have an auto train button. So pretend you made a bakery and you forget about it and you have no food, everyone will die slowly and soon enough you lose because you didn't train the baker, well with this once the bakery is built the baker gets automatically queued in a random schoolhouse of yours, you could also set it so you train a set amount of units like 50 recruits and maybe 30 lancecarriers and 20 axefighters and so on, or just a never ending amount. I want this in the game really bad so please think about it. :P
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 15 Feb 2013, 05:02

Re: Auto-Train of Units

This has already been recommended and turned down (rightly so I might add).

This seems ideal, but it ruins the game. We could have options where your town gets automatically planned and built, soldiers automatically attack, etc. You know what this is called? Artificial Intelligence. You may as well be watching and AI player or TV.
In response to this question, Krom (one of the two lead-developers) explained, "We don't want the game to become too easy."
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 15 Feb 2013, 05:08

That would be too much "auto". Indeed certain things are automated (serfs walking, workers swinging their hammers), but they are automated to leave out and let player manage other things (city planning, army control, etc). If we'd automate some of these, the game will be a little different. We would like to keep keep player in control and busy with management (entertained) as time flows. Current level seems about right :)
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

FeyBart

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 15 Feb 2013, 07:56

That would be too much "auto". Indeed certain things are automated (serfs walking, workers swinging their hammers), but they are automated to leave out and let player manage other things (city planning, army control, etc). If we'd automate some of these, the game will be a little different. We would like to keep keep player in control and busy with management (entertained) as time flows. Current level seems about right :)
...apart from the fact that it'd be little hard to send 150 serfs around non stop? :P
Nice coffee is always nice.
<<

Nissarin

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 15 Feb 2013, 23:40

How about setting rally point for the barracks ? I know that in the next version "banner" leaving the barracks no longer gets "cut" in small pieces but training lots of (different kinds) units can be frustrating and this doesn't seem like to much "auto" to me :)
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 16 Feb 2013, 00:07

If I remember correctly this was already accepted or at least considered. :)
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 16 Feb 2013, 00:16

as far as i renember it was rejected(i suggested something similiar) :mrgreen:
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 16 Feb 2013, 00:24

So did I :P

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”