FeyBart

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 18 Feb 2013, 18:02

Re: My KAM Remake Maps

(...)
Joymania's, (...) how they blend terrain
(...)
So he needs to repeat the same forests and mountains over and over again? :P Just kidding, though.
(...)
It does thank you. I used to make A.O.E maps and that was easier.
I guess that's mostly because AoE had professional programmers working on it non-stop, and their map maker is a lot better. This still isn't a release version, it's still in alpha/bèta. It's usable, but a lot of things simply aren't that simple yet, since it's very basic.
Nice coffee is always nice.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 19 Feb 2013, 01:25

It does thank you. I used to make A.O.E maps and that was easier.
I think that this is partly due to AoE maps looking so boring. Even AoE III maps looked so bland (graphics were nice, but the maps were mostly uncharacteristic). Of course, AoE's best feature is the random map, and random maps always have a bland look.

The custom scenarios (I made tons of these by the way) were much better looking, but still don't compare to the detail of KaM.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 19 Feb 2013, 09:37

(...)
I think that this is partly due to AoE maps looking so boring. Even AoE III maps looked so bland (graphics were nice, but the maps were mostly uncharacteristic). Of course, AoE's best feature is the random map, and random maps always have a bland look.

The custom scenarios (I made tons of these by the way) were much better looking, but still don't compare to the detail of KaM.
!MODBREAK: We would really much appreciate it if you would stop insulting other people..
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 19 Feb 2013, 13:37

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say that "it sucks having AoE fans as friends", though, I understand it might have come across that way. I really meant that I think it's a pity that most RTS fans, like people who play AoE, often only play very mainstream games. I should have chosen my words more carefully.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 19 Feb 2013, 13:45

Clever. A subtle way of repeating what a modbreak just took away... :?

You may want to consider looking over all your posts before actually posting, especially any that contain crude language or other things that can be taken the wrong way. Remember that people online are very sensitive.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 19 Feb 2013, 13:54

Clever. A subtle way of repeating what a modbreak just took away... :?

You may want to consider looking over all your posts before actually posting, especially any that contain crude language or other things that can be taken the wrong way. Remember that people online are very sensitive.
That's really not what I meant to do. I just wanted to explain that I didn't want or meant to insult anyone. I might have been a little insensitive in my choice of words, yeah. But I don't mean to insult people.
<<

Oleg

Lance Carrier

Post 19 Feb 2013, 15:22

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say that "it sucks having AoE fans as friends", though, I understand it might have come across that way. I really meant that I think it's a pity that most RTS fans, like people who play AoE, often only play very mainstream games. I should have chosen my words more carefully.
I hate AOE :P I played just to do the monstertruck cheat and destroy everyone

Return to “Map Design”